Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Interview Contest *Submit Questions Here*  (Read 2416 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Interview Contest *Submit Questions Here*
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
Bishop Lamont really appreciates the support he's received from all of our readers on here, and he wants to extend the love back to you in the form of a new contest we're starting today.  We will conduct a new video interview with Bishop before the release of "The Pope Mobile," and we're going to let you ask all of the questions!  Head over to our forum now, or go to Bishop's Myspace Page (make sure to put "DUBCNN Contest" somewhere on the comment) to submit questions you've been dying to get answered.  The people with the top 29 best questions will get an answer directly from Bishop on video!  This is an end-of-the-year holiday contest you don't want to miss, so start coming up with some good questions.  The contest ends on December 20th, 2007 at 12:00 AM PST, just five days before the release of "The Pope Mobile."  Include your name if you want it shouted out, otherwise we'll just use your forum name.

I know you guys have got some good questions, so let's do this!

*Update Dec. 20: Thanks to everyone who sumbitted questions.  The contest is closed!*
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:14:38 AM by Eddie - R.I.P. Pimp C »

wcsoldier

Re: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont Interview Contest *Submit Questions Here*
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:58:23 AM »
Being a funny character  and always adding a sense of humour in your songs , have you ever considered or do u plan to play  in some comedy flicks , you know something like Friday ..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:06:17 AM by wcsoldier »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »
Nice Eddie, here are my questions:

- couple months ago you mentioned that you are going to NY for studio sessions with RZA, Primo and Just Blaze. How did that turn out and who will make the cut ?
- is it true that Dre spits a verse on I Dominate and when exactly are you planning on launching that record ?
- is the concept of your 2nd album still the "Dre and Stroch producing the whole album" and called The Impossible Possible ?
- I saw Xzibit on your release party and chance of a collabo ?
- what's the deal with I'll Still Kill from 50, was that originally your track

smegma

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 10:18:58 AM »
I don't really follow every step from Bishop Lamont, so I could be wrong with this. He's going to have a bunch of different producers and guests on his album right? Ask him how he wants to make his album his album and not some compilation album where you skip at least 6 songs.

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:11 AM »
Bishop... How did you Glasses Malone, and Mykestro meet. And what was it about your chemistry together that made you all want to start a group? Are there any songs done for the project? And can I produce a track for it!!!lol No seriously, who's doing the production on that project?
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »
What does Aftermath have planned as far as the line up before DETOX (like Stat Quo, Eminem, Busta Rhymes & Eve)?

Will DETOX have some timeless pieces like "Nothin' But a G-Thang" or "What's The Diferrence"?

How many songs will Dre produce for "The Reformation"?

Have you (Bishop) recorded with DJ Premier, RZA or Pete Rock?

What's going on with Joell Ortiz and Interscope?

Does Dre still plan to use the 12 Step program as the theme for DETOX?

How close is DETOX to being completed?

Shout out name: Ameen (aka Rebel)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 05:46:10 AM by Rebel »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 04:53:14 PM »
Any chance of some big Westcoast collabs on The Reformation? Like Game?

Who do you wish to collaborate with the most?

Peimi .. Reppin Denmark ..

(pronounced Pay Me)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:08:49 PM by Gamestarr »

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
BTW, include your name if you want it shouted out, otherwise we'll just use your forum name.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
Do you plan to (or can you?) release Nigger Noise without the DJ Skee tags (i'd pay top dollar for it)....it is the album of the year hands down....

davida.b.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
Whatever happened to the Return To The Purple Tape (Hosted by Raekwon & RZA) mixtape?

What is Raekwon's status with Aftermath? Is he still signed?

How does he feel about Jimmy Iovine saying that he didn't want Joell Ortiz on the label anymore?

Can he tell us anything about Glasses Malone's album?

Whith some of the announced producers & guests for Reformation now just on Caltroit & Pope Mobile, what is the guest/producer lineup for The Reformation now?

Who is going to be on the Feel On It Remix?

What is his opinion on people who say Eminem actually made it harder for more white rappers to blow up? Are there any white rappers in particular that he's a fan of?

Is it true you ghostwrote Dre's verse on Timbaland's album?

Can he fill us in on any other Aftermath projects coming up?

Does he ever worry that he may end up kicked off with no album like many other disgruntled Interscope artists before him? Has he ever had conversations with any artists that were formerl signed to Interscope?

Does he belive that Jimmy Iovine is hated on too much or does he think the rage is understandable?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:23:01 PM by davida.b. is South Of Heaven »

colecovizion

• Lil Geezy
  • "Makaveli... it's my dopest album ever" - Pac
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 09:49:22 AM »

1. Some people feel that rap has taken a turn for the worse since it's become highly commercialized. Do you agree? If so, what will it take to bring rap back to it's roots?

2. How do you feel that "club rap" (ex: Rap talking about a club, drinking, and ass for a whole song)? Can you have a successful album without this kind of material in your single?

3. Do you plan on making more music relating to the state of the West Coast similar to "My Inheritance"?

4. What album(s) would you compare "The Reformation" to?

5. What do you think about Crooked I's hip hop weekly?
"How the fuck can a tight rap start with fo' shizzle? In his bird ass chest Crooked carves his initials" - Crooked I

Chad Vader

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »
Contest? WTF,anyways I´ll submit these again....

Any last minute questions for BISHOP LAMONT?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158063.0
But here´s a couple of questions;
-You have said in previous interviews that you have been involved with all the aspects of Hip Hop,
does this include Graffiti and Breaking? (Elaborate,if yes)
-Another thing I noticed in your lyrics is that you´re a Star Wars fan,just like Ras Kass.
Is this something you will use more in your lyrics? Maybe doing a tribute?
-Will your album have a more "commercial" appeal than your street albums,
or will Dre allow you to do the same style as you did on Nxgger Noize?

-Adding some new ones,who did your graffiti backdrop for your video? (I´m yet to see the video,since it´s not out yet)
-Since you´re "Hip Hop" MC and probably highly featured on Detox,will Detox have a more Hip Hop twist to it rather than "gangster".
-Do you see resurgence of "Hip Hop"? I mean you,Taje and Evidence that have all released dope albums that the "Hip Hop" heads love.
and a fun question;
-will you do a duet with Chad Vader? Maybe a remix of chocolate Rain? :laugh: I know you love the casio on that track :laugh::laugh:
Chocolate Rain by Chad Vader
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P6dUCOS1bM0&amp;rel</a>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:24:47 AM by Chadrick Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Abstrakt Soundz

• Lil Geezy
  • Abstrakt Tha Butcher
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 10:36:21 AM »
what kinda production can we expect on ur next release?

Matty

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »
when we gonna hear bishop's link up with dj q-u-i-k?

when are the fiends gonna get to hear this 'i dominate' track? is it on the mixtape?

manage to link up with primo for any cuts?

will dre make sure interscope/aftermath will be pulling out all the stops to PROMOTE your album properly? I can't remember the last time an artist was really pushed and came out with the right single etc...

is there anyone we are waiting on coming out before your lp will be clear to go?

any chance of a gig in the uk before or when everything starts popping off?

honestly, what do you think your release will help to accomplish more long term? either bringing westcoast rap back to the forefront or getting authentic hip-hop material into the public arena...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:30:59 AM by Matty »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 06:10:27 AM »
when you were in the UK were you able to link-up with any UK artists to record?

which UK rappers are you feeling?

have you been pressured into making any songs you didnt want to make? you are signed to Interscope, and we know who they have on their "hip-hop" roster.

When should we expect the album?

Can you tell us the status of Raekwon and Joell Ortiz, are they on the 'Math or have they gone?

thats pretty much it...