Author Topic: there is only one god  (Read 1851 times)

smegma

Re: there is only one god
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 10:55:37 AM »
I was on the toilet like 30 minutes ago cause I thought I had a huge crap coming and guess what? It was only a big wet fart that needed to get out. Oh well.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »

theres no such thing as blasphemy,  thats just an old censor on free speech and free thought.....  fuck religion, spirituality is whats important

Sure Blasphemy is real. What God is exactly is unknown but God is good, meaning what is good is God. The spiritual energy that creates love is what God is. So going against what is right when you know it to be right and choosing to go against it regardless is what blasphemy is. Simply saying something stupid like "Fuck God", or walking around the mall with a T shirt with giant letters printed on that say "Jesus is a Cunt" (I saw it once in tha mall last summer) is not blasphemy, it's just idiocy; dumb kids trying to get attention. Even being upest with God for the rain that destroyed all your crops and coming out while it's raining with a shot gun and shooting the skies in an attempt to wound God or threaten him to keep him from letting more rain fall (I had a great uncle in Greece that did that once) is not blasphemy. It's simply being fucking pissed off, and a little nuts from what I understand. These may be all sins but they are not blasphemy. Blasphemy is watching an old woman fall right in front of you with no one else and around and watching her struggle to get up and you know you should help but you just stand there and watch because you don't want to help because you want to see her struggle and get hurt. That is going against everything that is right. Everything that is God. That is blasphemy.

lol, your great uncle is badass

im down with your definition of blasphemy,  though i usually just think of that description as karma.....if you give out positive energy by being a decent person, you'll attract it back,  if you put out negative energy by being a cunt, you'll get it back,   so in that sense I credit that to the energy of the "Universe" instead of "God"....
people in power just use the term blasphemy as a tool....while maybe the true meaning of the word is ignored,  or is given the punishment of burning in eternal hellfire

haha, I could probably talk about this for hours... constantly contradicting myself.  Just because noone knows whats out there for sure... thats why I cant say that I believe in God, how can you believe in something you know absolutely nothing about, all you're saying is that you believe that the term "god" exists, and that somehow, whatever it is, created everything around us. Nobody can possibly know what its intentions were, why it did what it did, and what it wants to do/not do.     People answer that by saying that they have faith,  but then cant describe what it is they have faith in.....faith in god? thats just a circle.  
I figure, just be a good person.... be positive, attract positiveness,  create meaningful relationships with those around you, be in touch with yourself and the earth,  and then you'll either find out what is all about when you die, or you dont, and thats it.

lol, i took this topic about cam'ron and wet farts to a whole 'nother level,  so heres a monkey dancing..
 :monkey_dance2:
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 12:42:16 PM »
But all black men are God and Cam Ron is a black man. You hypocrite.

Cam is an Uncle Tom and a fag.  That makes him part of the 10%.  Meaning he has embraced devilish ways.

Outlaw Immortal

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »
But all black men are God and Cam Ron is a black man. You hypocrite.

Cam is an Uncle Tom and a fag.  That makes him part of the 10%.  Meaning he has embraced devilish ways.
Word, cam represents the agendas of conservative america

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 10:57:33 PM »

theres no such thing as blasphemy,  thats just an old censor on free speech and free thought.....  fuck religion, spirituality is whats important

Sure Blasphemy is real. What God is exactly is unknown but God is good, meaning what is good is God. The spiritual energy that creates love is what God is. So going against what is right when you know it to be right and choosing to go against it regardless is what blasphemy is. Simply saying something stupid like "Fuck God", or walking around the mall with a T shirt with giant letters printed on that say "Jesus is a Cunt" (I saw it once in tha mall last summer) is not blasphemy, it's just idiocy; dumb kids trying to get attention. Even being upest with God for the rain that destroyed all your crops and coming out while it's raining with a shot gun and shooting the skies in an attempt to wound God or threaten him to keep him from letting more rain fall (I had a great uncle in Greece that did that once) is not blasphemy. It's simply being fucking pissed off, and a little nuts from what I understand. These may be all sins but they are not blasphemy. Blasphemy is watching an old woman fall right in front of you with no one else and around and watching her struggle to get up and you know you should help but you just stand there and watch because you don't want to help because you want to see her struggle and get hurt. That is going against everything that is right. Everything that is God. That is blasphemy.

im down with your definition of blasphemy,  though i usually just think of that description as karma.....if you give out positive energy by being a decent person, you'll attract it back,  if you put out negative energy by being a cunt, you'll get it back,   so in that sense I credit that to the energy of the "Universe" instead of "God"....
people in power just use the term blasphemy as a tool....while maybe the true meaning of the word is ignored,  or is given the punishment of burning in eternal hellfire

haha, I could probably talk about this for hours... constantly contradicting myself.  Just because noone knows whats out there for sure... thats why I cant say that I believe in God, how can you believe in something you know absolutely nothing about, all you're saying is that you believe that the term "god" exists, and that somehow, whatever it is, created everything around us. Nobody can possibly know what its intentions were, why it did what it did, and what it wants to do/not do.     People answer that by saying that they have faith,  but then cant describe what it is they have faith in.....faith in god? thats just a circle.  
I figure, just be a good person.... be positive, attract positiveness,  create meaningful relationships with those around you, be in touch with yourself and the earth,  and then you'll either find out what is all about when you die, or you dont, and thats it.

lol, i took this topic about cam'ron and wet farts to a whole 'nother level,  so heres a monkey dancing..

He was crazy from what I understand. He lived through the German invasion. Had to stay in hiding while the Nazis rounded up and killed men and raped women and girls.

Anywho, but my definition you do believe in God. If God IS what is good then believing in the right thing, that which is good, is believing in God. The other part is the creator part. So long as you believe that the universe was created you belive in a creator. What creating the universe may be up for debate but certainly the idea that it was created is pretty agreed upon.

BOSSSS

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 11:19:15 PM »
ROSS

Elevz

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »
Blasphemy is watching an old woman fall right in front of you with no one else and around and watching her struggle to get up and you know you should help but you just stand there and watch because you don't want to help because you want to see her struggle and get hurt. That is going against everything that is right. Everything that is God. That is blasphemy.

Are you saying it's necessarily good to pick up an old woman after she falls down, or saying it's bad to enjoy her struggling?

By what standards?

You could make a case against both of these assumptions. They're by their very essence driven by an irrational code of ethics that puts self-sacrifice above personal interest. That's not to say it is necessarily wrong to help that old woman get up, but in no way can you, without prior consideration, automatically judge a case like this. The consideration is rather simple in its essence, yet more complex in it's outcome: what will you lose and what will you gain by acting 'good'?

Is it worth sacrifising your pleasure (after all, you enjoy watching her struggle and get hurt), just to 'act good' by the standards others put upon you? Bear in mind - if those were your own standards, you wouldn't have enjoyed watching her suffer. Should it be worth sacrifising your enjoyment, for no reason but the thing you just called God, which you only assumed was righteous?

I'm not trying to tell you it would be right to leave that woman on the ground and watch her suffering. To be capable of blindly enjoying the suffering of another, assuming you don't know them, would require a very disturbing and irrational mind frame. That I find just as much despicable as any mystical religious whim.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »
Blasphemy is watching an old woman fall right in front of you with no one else and around and watching her struggle to get up and you know you should help but you just stand there and watch because you don't want to help because you want to see her struggle and get hurt. That is going against everything that is right. Everything that is God. That is blasphemy.

Are you saying it's necessarily good to pick up an old woman after she falls down, or saying it's bad to enjoy her struggling?

By what standards?

You could make a case against both of these assumptions. They're by their very essence driven by an irrational code of ethics that puts self-sacrifice above personal interest. That's not to say it is necessarily wrong to help that old woman get up, but in no way can you, without prior consideration, automatically judge a case like this. The consideration is rather simple in its essence, yet more complex in it's outcome: what will you lose and what will you gain by acting 'good'?

Is it worth sacrifising your pleasure (after all, you enjoy watching her struggle and get hurt), just to 'act good' by the standards others put upon you? Bear in mind - if those were your own standards, you wouldn't have enjoyed watching her suffer. Should it be worth sacrifising your enjoyment, for no reason but the thing you just called God, which you only assumed was righteous?

I'm not trying to tell you it would be right to leave that woman on the ground and watch her suffering. To be capable of blindly enjoying the suffering of another, assuming you don't know them, would require a very disturbing and irrational mind frame. That I find just as much despicable as any mystical religious whim.

i suppose it would depend on if your amount of enjoyment outweighs her amount of discomfort/embarassment.... utilitarians argue that which ever action has the highest sum of happiness.. is the right action,  but thats pretty hard to quantify

He was crazy from what I understand. He lived through the German invasion. Had to stay in hiding while the Nazis rounded up and killed men and raped women and girls.

Anywho, but my definition you do believe in God. If God IS what is good then believing in the right thing, that which is good, is believing in God. The other part is the creator part. So long as you believe that the universe was created you belive in a creator. What creating the universe may be up for debate but certainly the idea that it was created is pretty agreed upon.

I suppose thats true,  by your definition I believe in God... if God is everything that is around us, the energy that is inherent in all things, that which influences and affects every action and reaction...  I dont necessarily think it only applies to Positivity, Negative energy is equally as powerful and influential, im not even convinced that being positive is more worthwhile than being negative,  i just find it to be the preferable way to live in my circumstances... many people choose the opposite, and whos to say theyre wrong?   I guess i just dont believe in aspects of god that many other people do...  big bearded white dude condemning us to hell, or rewarding us with heaven... which is why id be reluctant to answer someone who asks "do you believe in god?" unless the clarify what they mean by god

the universe was obviously created, came to be, somehow... we're here arent we? (not really provable, but lets assume).... the thing that throws people is whether it was consciously designed by some sentient type of being, or came out of nothingness (which kind of makes sense,  in an abstract sort of way.... you cant divide a number by zero because the answer is nothing,  If the laws of physics say that everything has an equal and opposite, whats the opposite of infinity? some sort of extreme nothingness?)

I honestly dont even know if im making sense, haha, i trip myself up and out sometimes, and im not even blunted right now
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »
One thang I don't get and I never will get is how somebody can't believe in God. :-\

Im starting to lean towards that direction, about to stop studying the bible with Jehovah's witness
You're a Jehovah witness?

Elevz

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
i suppose it would depend on if your amount of enjoyment outweighs her amount of discomfort/embarassment....

What difference would the discomfort or embarrassment of another make to me? Why should it be anyone's concern but her own? If she has relatives or other people caring for her - that's great. But to blindly assume helping is profitable, that's rather ignorant of reality. What should matter is the amount of input and output you yourself get out of being proactive or idle. Will the lady be grateful? Does it weigh up against the effort I'm making to help her? She give me her friendship from then on?
It's not about me giving and her receiving. It's straight economics. I don't buy gifts for strangers, because my money is valuable to me. The same goes (to a lesser extent) to the energy and time I'm spending on helping a lady out.

if God is everything that is around us, the energy that is inherent in all things, that which influences and affects every action and reaction...  I dont necessarily think it only applies to Positivity, Negative energy is equally as powerful and influential, im not even convinced that being positive is more worthwhile than being negative,  i just find it to be the preferable way to live in my circumstances...

I'm with you as for the power of negative and positive energy being equal, but please do not forget they have different sources. Negative energy 'flows' as a warning sign; it's a signal of failure and death. Positive energy is generated by means of joy and the success of life.
You can choose death if that's what you want -after all, that's what human beings are 'conscious' for- but the consequences of your choice will be yours to undergo.
It's the reason why drug addicts go so low: they choose to force out warning signals (the negative energy). They overrule the symptoms of failure by artificially creating a more pleasurable feeling, but that doesn't alter the reality they live in. Even when they're heading for a concrete wall at full speed, they won't know when to stop. Negative energy would have told them, but they blocked it off. (Mental) death is the result.

many people choose the opposite, and whos to say theyre wrong?

Are you afraid of having an opinion? Of putting people to the test and judging them by your values? Are you even sure about the values you have?
Would you say other people might be right, without reason coming to interfer the process of your gaining knowledge?

Let me quote Nathaniel Branden on this:
“Do mystics declare that all they demand of man is that he sacrifice his happiness? To sacrifice one’s happiness is to sacrifice one’s desires; to sacrifice one’s desires is to sacrifice one’s values; to sacrifice one’s values is to sacrifice one’s judgement; to sacrifice one’s judgement is to sacrifice one’s mind – and it is nothing less than this that the creed of self-sacrifice aims at and demands.”
Source: Branden, N. (1962). Mental Health Versus Mysticism. In: Rand, A. (1965). The Virtue Of Selfishness.

You're a human being. You can't sacrifice your mind and ratio, whilst trying to maintain the integrity of your judgment. You won't know what's good or bad after you've sacrificed your judgment and reason to the uncertainty of someone else perhaps being more right than you, without you knowing it.

One thang I don't get and I never will get is how somebody can't believe in God. :-\

I've got my reasons, QT. Do you? Because I never will understand how people can believe in a god. Peep game, because this is where it gets interesting:

the universe was obviously created, came to be, somehow... we're here arent we? (not really provable, but lets assume).... the thing that throws people is whether it was consciously designed by some sentient type of being, or came out of nothingness

What difference does it make whether someone consciously made the universe or not? I don't think that just because everything in the universe was created, that means the universe itself was created. Does it make a difference when it comes to approaching life? You can only judge by what you know, and not by some assumptions of what else might be. For the sake of philosophy it sure is interesting to theorise about it, but you can't take suggestions for facts.

Centuries ago, people assumed gods were responsible for the happenings in the world, simply because they couldn't find any other explanation for it. Now that great parts of life have been uncovered by science and religion has been proven to conflict with science, there's still people who pray before going to bed at night, hoping that some eternal entity might favour them over His other siblings. Football players don't find their football matches altered by their prayers - they're altered by the flowing of energy. Moving atomic particles, forces influencing each other... It has all been explained. There's no need to believe in God's influence anymore, because rationally reliable proof is here. The question whether or not some God created the universe, that doesn't change anything about life inside the universe. Even if we come to find out some day what's outside of the universe, it won't make a difference to what goes on inside, for as long as we're inside. Universal rules apply.

[The thing that throws people is whether the universe] came out of nothingness (which kind of makes sense,  in an abstract sort of way.... you cant divide a number by zero because the answer is nothing,  If the laws of physics say that everything has an equal and opposite, whats the opposite of infinity? some sort of extreme nothingness?)

How can you try to look for the opposite of infinity, when infinity itself is a vague concept? Doesn't the fact that there is no possible opposite of infinity mean that infinity itself is a nonexistent concept as well?
You can't define things that have no opposite or nothing to be compared to. You can't conceptualise them. You can't perceive them. In this universe, there is no opposite of infinity, and there is no infinity. The whole thought of infinity is probably some leftover from the era's when mystics reigned over human consciousness.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 01:21:15 PM »

I've got my reasons, QT. Do you? Because I never will understand how people can believe in a god. Peep game, because this is where it gets interesting:

Nah, I'm not knockin' you, I respect everybody's beliefs, no matter what chu believe.

But what have scientists proved though? They don't have any evidence that God doesn't exist. They tell you we evolved. Why can't they tell you about miracles though? Why can't they explain exorcisms? Why can't they explain spirits and physics? What they got to say about Angel sightings? They can tell you we was monkeys but they can't explain these Powers that God is known to carry. Word up or not??

If I was a catholic I would tell you, ya'll gonna be spending a hot minute in purgatory :D

Lol, I'm just playin'.

Narrator

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:28 PM »
What's the matter with you? Everyone knows God isn't black.

I am Blackman.  I am GOD.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 02:20:16 AM »
I like yo style, B. Killa is the alpha and omega nigga. Bow down!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »
But what have scientists proved though? They don't have any evidence that God doesn't exist.

Oh, so now the burden of proof about the existence of a God is on the scientists? Instead of the fallacy driven mystical religious books (and they say they're metaphorical, just to cover up the holes) blindly being assumed as the absolute truth, ratio is supposed to fight such a blind submission?
There is no way for ratio to overcome faith. Faith is not based on reality or based on facts, so what's logic going to do about that?

They tell you we evolved.

Based on a theory of good old Darwin, against which scientists have found no opposing evidence yet. Millions of scientists are confronted with this issue every day of their work, and the theory still stands strong. In fact, the further science evolves, the more obvious the truth behind Darwin's theory of evolution gets.
Remember that scientists rely on observable facts. What does that tell you?

Why can't they tell you about miracles though? Why can't they explain exorcisms? [...] What they got to say about Angel sightings?

And back to the mystical concept of religion. Since it isn't based on observable reality, the followers of religion are led to believe in things they can't see or witness, and which oppose the laws of nature. The result: some people become so highly affected as to believe in things such as exorcism, angel sightings and the like. Their sense of reality has cut loose from their minds. That's the brain thinking the senses have registered something. In science, that's called hallucinating. It's very much scientifically proved to be true, and it plays a huge role in psychology.

Why can't they explain spirits and physics?

Oh, but wait, that is also explained in psychology (which is also a science based on observable facts). What's left to be logically explained about a concept that's not observable? You only assume there is a duality between the spirit and the physical. What to think of neurological sciences, which provide insight in the activities of the brain concerning emotions, learning capabilities, language, visual insight, the connection between brain parts, the collaborating, et cetera? These have been objects of study for scientists for years. To dispose their observations and rational findings, only because of some unproven concept of a God, that's a crime against your own senses. Are you that lowly?

They can tell you we was monkeys but they can't explain these Powers that God is known to carry. Word up or not??

God isn't known to carry any powers. There are rational explanations for every mystical assumption. Every time we find some new miracle, it's only a matter of time before an explanation follows.

Thunderstorms used to be miracles. Diseases used to be miracles. Man found out the truth, and those miracles became just conditions. We've got cures for illness, yet back in the days illness was ascribed to the work of God.
Now the creation of the earth is a miracle. It's only a matter of time before science uncovers the truth. Until then we'll remain ignorant about it, but the concept of religion should be very clear to you by now.

In other words, no word up from me.

If I was a catholic I would tell you, ya'll gonna be spending a hot minute in purgatory :D

Just because I don't believe in religion, doesn't mean that I'm evil. I live as righteously as I can... By my own laws, my own conclusions about reality. They're not in conflict, as opposed to a religion which tells you to believe or be doomed. Cut down on your senses or sense the pain. But how are you going to experience pain, when you're ignorant of your senses?

Peace, QT! You're a honest dude. Props.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »
 ;D

And back to the mystical concept of religion. Since it isn't based on observable reality, the followers of religion are led to believe in things they can't see or witness, and which oppose the laws of nature. The result: some people become so highly affected as to believe in things such as exorcism, angel sightings and the like. Their sense of reality has cut loose from their minds. That's the brain thinking the senses have registered something. In science, that's called hallucinating. It's very much scientifically proved to be true, and it plays a huge role in psychology.

Why can't they explain spirits and physics?

Oh, but wait, that is also explained in psychology (which is also a science based on observable facts). What's left to be logically explained about a concept that's not observable? You only assume there is a duality between the spirit and the physical. What to think of neurological sciences, which provide insight in the activities of the brain concerning emotions, learning capabilities, language, visual insight, the connection between brain parts, the collaborating, et cetera? These have been objects of study for scientists for years. To dispose their observations and rational findings, only because of some unproven concept of a God, that's a crime against your own senses. Are you that lowly?

You don't believe in none of those thangs??

In other words, no word up from me.
:laugh:

I understand you got your beliefs, so I'm not tryin' to disrespect that. But you don't even believe in miracles??

All I'ma say is you should listen to some Mahalia Jackson, that'll make you want to believe. ;D Oh, and even Mariah Carey's Christmas album, since it's that time. Which actually what about Christmas time? Do you celebrate that shit?

Sorry homie, I'm not tryin to be disrespectful, I'm just curious.