Author Topic: Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........  (Read 1288 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:18:50 PM »
A white women is missing?!?! Like for real http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4f5e3ab9-ab80-4f7a-84e3-c61d8e4599b2 ( Also, there are many more cases like this, but they aren't white, thats ashame) They still talking about this chick in Bermuda smh

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
So guess it is clear white women are more important that black women then.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

swangin and bangin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »
yeah that i agree with you on...its retarted

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »
Yes and no, they usually focus in on pretty white girls who go missing but ignore the white slavery rings. You need to stop seeing things through race, it's much more tangled and muddy than that. There is always a counter to these things, in Britain there has been numerous cases of whites being targeted by asian gangs and yet it's only very recently that this has been admitted to. See what they are doing? you are being led into a situation in which you think whites are being favoured and likewise my example shows the complete opposite, the bottom line is this is all about divide and conquer. We are being pitted against one another and distracted from the fundamental issues. Whether this is a deliberate ploy by the media is obviously open to debate but the net effect is the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:49:57 AM by virtuoso »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
well yeah you cant see everything through race cuz thats why racism exists in the first place, but the media does cuz it sells. If shes hideous or ugly theres not gunna be as much coverage as someone who is predominately white and "pretty"...

America is over 75% white, so in most cases a white American is more worried about someone from their own race(which is retarted, i know) then some black girl.

In Brazil, its not really a race issue. Brazil is over 50% white, 35% mulatto/mixed and the rest fully black, Asian, or native.
Its a economical issue. If your a broke white girls who lives in the slums your gunna have less attention then some rich black girl. Only in America, partly due to the federal government especially the Liberals, is that alot of shit is dived into race.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:15:01 PM by Machiavelli »

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
Yes and no, they usually focus in on pretty white girls who go missing but ignore the white slavery rings. You need to stop seeing things through race, it's much more tangled and muddy than that. There is always a counter to these things, in Britain there has been numerous cases of whites being targeted by asian gangs and yet it's only very recently that this has been admitted to. See what they are doing? you are being led into a situation in which you think whites are being favoured and likewise my example shows the complete opposite, the bottom line is this is all about divide and conquer. We are being pitted against one another and distracted from the fundamental issues. Whether this is a deliberate ploy by the media is obviously open to debate but the net effect is the same thing.
Please don't tell me i need to stop seeing things through race. I'm seeing things for what they are. You talking about Britain, I'm talking about in the US and to add to that, the government is probably apart of it and getting a cut out of the ring. Also, I'm comparing two things white to black missing women. You just talking about white women.. period.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »
You do focus heavily on seeing things through race, the way you interpret many things, you would think that white people get a free pass. There is no doubting that racism towards black people exists of course it does but the guy above said it best, they focus in on wealthier pretty girls instead of down trodden black girls and for that matter, they would not focus in on white trash either. So +1 to Machiaveli oh and by the way I am not having a pop at you, you are quite an open minded individual, it's just there is more to the focusing of news than simply having some kind of agenda against one race.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:27:13 PM by virtuoso »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
Well, you could argue that a black woman from the gutter was just pushing a lil too much H into her veins. It's just different with people of higher social status. You can bet the media will be all over it if Halle Berry is missing.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:27 PM »
Well, you could argue that a black woman from the gutter was just pushing a lil too much H into her veins. It's just different with people of higher social status. You can bet the media will be all over it if Halle Berry is missing.
smh my head at the pushing 'H' comment. How ironic, you pick a big celebrity, who is half white.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »
Definitely true, and it even happens when children get abducted too. All of the big cases of a little girl being kidnapped are always white. A lot of it has to do with money, but there is definitely racism. Think about all of the biggest cases about women or girls missing, and they are white. It reminds me of Dave Chapelle's stand-up, comparing Elizabeth Smart, who was abducted and missing for months and not even very far away from her home. And then he compares it to a little girl, who was black, who breaks out and gets back home, and gets no attention. That's the media for you.
I got a bird's eye view

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »
smh my head at the pushing 'H' comment. How ironic, you pick a big celebrity, who is half white.

What the heck is so ironic about that? I said it's about social status. A big celebrity is of high social status, hence the attention from the media. I didn't know homegirl was half white, and I don't care either. Unlike you, race is not the center of my attention.
Do you really think some cracker slut from the trailer park who doesn't have one decent picture and is on meth all the time will get a lot of worries through the media? Hell no.
No, it's not a sin

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »

What the heck is so ironic about that? I said it's about social status. A big celebrity is of high social status, hence the attention from the media. I didn't know homegirl was half white, and I don't care either. Unlike you, race is not the center of my attention.
Do you really think some cracker slut from the trailer park who doesn't have one decent picture and is on meth all the time will get a lot of worries through the media? Hell no.
Because of course a celebrity is going to get attention. You thought you were slick by throwing that in there plus Halle Berry to make it seem that its strictly about race & money. A lot of these white women/girls missing aren't celebrities, just regular people. Now compare the regular white women to the regular black women missing. Who is getting more attention?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »
I definitely believe that a cute black girl who comes from a rich family and neighborhood, goes to a private school and all, will get her share of attention. Again: social class. Now what might be the case is that the media attributes a higher social status to regular white women than they do to equally regular black women. That COULD be true, I'm not American so I can't really get into the details of what your media is doing.
What remains though, is that it's more about coming from a good family (=rich family), good neighborhood (=no violence, drugs), good school (=private school) and good looks. If it were just about being white, a lot more whites of low social class would get attention, man.
No, it's not a sin