Author Topic: Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........  (Read 1321 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
I definitely believe that a cute black girl who comes from a rich family and neighborhood, goes to a private school and all, will get her share of attention. Again: social class. Now what might be the case is that the media attributes a higher social status to regular white women than they do to equally regular black women. That COULD be true, I'm not American so I can't really get into the details of what your media is doing.
What remains though, is that it's more about coming from a good family (=rich family), good neighborhood (=no violence, drugs), good school (=private school) and good looks. If it were just about being white, a lot more whites of low social class would get attention, man.

thanks you and the fact of the matter is there is a greater number white girls with higher social class then blacks. Its just the way it is...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:51:12 PM by Machiavelli »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
I definitely believe that a cute black girl who comes from a rich family and neighborhood, goes to a private school and all, will get her share of attention. Again: social class. Now what might be the case is that the media attributes a higher social status to regular white women than they do to equally regular black women. That COULD be true, I'm not American so I can't really get into the details of what your media is doing.
What remains though, is that it's more about coming from a good family (=rich family), good neighborhood (=no violence, drugs), good school (=private school) and good looks. If it were just about being white, a lot more whites of low social class would get attention, man.
The problem is that their is a preconceived notation (by both the media and the general population) that a white girl is going to automatically have higher levels of those criteria you listed. You throw a black girl in their and many people are just going to automatically assume that got kidnapped in a bad neighborhood over some shady business. People go missing everyday, yet you constantly see "pretty" white girls being sympathized by the media.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »
The problem is that their is a preconceived notation (by both the media and the general population) that a white girl is going to automatically have higher levels of those criteria you listed. You throw a black girl in their and many people are just going to automatically assume that got kidnapped in a bad neighborhood over some shady business. People go missing everyday, yet you constantly see "pretty" white girls being sympathized by the media.

Narrator

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 03:12:13 PM »
It just goes to show once again why crackers suck.  Kill all them pale-skinned bastards and their she-devil "damsels".

Elevz

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 02:06:23 AM »

...white girls are being stereotyped as more important than black ones. Why is that? Do you think there is even though there's no truth behind it? They're being sympathized for the two reasons already mentioned:
1) White girls are generally regarded as more important when they're missing, because of their social status (which doesn't apply to all white girls, but still more frequently to white girls than to black girls).
2) The media simply focus on what attracts the viewers. If 75% of America is white, the majority will feel more connected to the situation about a white girl missing, thus they'll pay more attention to it.

That's not racism; you, boycriedwolf, are being the racist here, acting all butthurt over everything you consider injustice. This is just the nature of the tough world we live in. Learn to cope with the situation, and fight to change that stereotype about blacks, instead of sounding another outcry of black racism.
Your enemy is in the stereotype (which is a reflection of the true status of the black people in America), not in the racism you're so sensitive about. That's cause and effect, and the stereotype is only being strengthened because of it's validity. Do something about its validity instead!

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
Well, that's because white people are superior to us. Duh! Go read Mein Kampf you ingit muhfuckas.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »

...white girls are being stereotyped as more important than black ones. Why is that? Do you think there is even though there's no truth behind it? They're being sympathized for the two reasons already mentioned:
1) White girls are generally regarded as more important when they're missing, because of their social status (which doesn't apply to all white girls, but still more frequently to white girls than to black girls).
2) The media simply focus on what attracts the viewers. If 75% of America is white, the majority will feel more connected to the situation about a white girl missing, thus they'll pay more attention to it.

That's not racism; you, boycriedwolf, are being the racist here, acting all butthurt over everything you consider injustice. This is just the nature of the tough world we live in. Learn to cope with the situation, and fight to change that stereotype about blacks, instead of sounding another outcry of black racism.
Your enemy is in the stereotype (which is a reflection of the true status of the black people in America), not in the racism you're so sensitive about. That's cause and effect, and the stereotype is only being strengthened because of it's validity. Do something about its validity instead!
you guys think you so smart, it really cracks me up. Its funny I never even said anything about racism but you brought it up. So hmmm what do you really truly think this is? What stereotype are you talking about? I've never seen so much denial in my life.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 08:51:31 AM »
Well, that's because white people are superior to us. Duh! Go read Mein Kampf you ingit muhfuckas.
seriously, im proud of you sik, atleast you kno your place in the world... jp

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »

you guys think you so smart, it really cracks me up. Its funny I never even said anything about racism but you brought it up. So hmmm what do you really truly think this is? What stereotype are you talking about? I've never seen so much denial in my life.

"Lord please back me up! There's someone with a vision opposing mine! Maybe hitting the diss button could solve the problem." ::)

You never said anything about racism? It's true you didn't drop the word racism in this thread, but does that also mean this entire discussion in here was not related to racial inequality? Get the fuck outta here. Counterracism is racism as well. They call it black nationalism to make you think it's in a whole other league, but that doesn't change the nature of the game. That's you acting butthurt over 'the media' doing injustice to your people... How about a little criticism going both ways?

Yes, the media show a pretty one sided picture.
Yes, that picture is explainable.

And you ask what stereotype am I referring to? The one of the black youth that refused to develop, get an education and make the best of life, and of the 'conscious' grown ups still acting like it's a big mean world. Well hello, what are you going to do about it? I say change the world instead of bitching about it.

To think that prior to that ridiculous reply of yours, I held you as one of the best posters in here. Act like it; I know you can.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »

"Lord please back me up! There's someone with a vision opposing mine! Maybe hitting the diss button could solve the problem." ::)

You never said anything about racism? It's true you didn't drop the word racism in this thread, but does that also mean this entire discussion in here was not related to racial inequality? Get the fuck outta here. Counterracism is racism as well. They call it black nationalism to make you think it's in a whole other league, but that doesn't change the nature of the game. That's you acting butthurt over 'the media' doing injustice to your people... How about a little criticism going both ways?

And you ask what stereotype am I referring to? The one of the black youth that refused to develop, get an education and make the best of life, and of the 'conscious' grown ups still acting like it's a big mean world. Well hello, what are you going to do about it? I say change the world instead of bitching about it.

To think that prior to that ridiculous reply of yours, I held you as one of the best posters in here. Act like it; I know you can.
I don't know how much you karma dropped (neither do I care). Mine dropped 6, you don't here me bitching and complaining about my Karma. Only karma I care about is karma in real life [once again I live in reality] not karma on dubcc. I was talking about the one sided media, only showing missing white women and you want to switch topics [like you guys always do]. Then, you want to switch it to black need to get there shit together. ( Thats all you guys do, when you guys can't debate something that out right messed up, you can always rely on the ol ' blacks need to get their act together). Also, from what you say, I can only conclude that you really mean ' O well, shit I'm not black, you guys just have to deal with it.' Say what you really want to say. Do you even live in the US?

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 11:49:01 AM »
Yes, it is no secret how jacked up this media is and the people who control it. Thats why B.E.T [Black exploitation tv] makes me angry. They could be broadcasting & letting our people know when our women are missing or when any of us in general are missing.Because theses crackers could give two shits about us. A devil will always be a devil, its in their nature. The nature of the threat.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Is it just you? No. There are plenty of people out there that skew facts for their amusement. In 2001 alone nearly 900,000 Americans went missing. All but just under 50,000 we're children. There were about 9,000 white women that went missing that year. I don't recall 9,000 news stories about missing white women in 2001. I personally can't even think of even a handful. The national attention missing person case shows up every now and then, and yes when it does show up in the US it is most likely to involve a young adult or late teen white female with above average to very good physical features. News programming is like all other TV. It looks to cater to a certain audience. They use a pretty white girl to get as many viewers as possible. It's a majority white country. A majority middle class country. A majority we love beautiful people country. The best way to ensure ratings is to find the lowest common denominator and start adding up the viewers. They want as many viewers as possible to see their sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, what have you. But not their real sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, but the form of that sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend. The audience sees in that girl everythung they want out of their sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend. The perfect sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, and that's what leads to the largest possible rating the news program can get from that story. They want that highest possible rating to keep as many people as possible stupified and in that case it works double. Because for every stupid white person glued to the TV hoping she gets found, wasting their time. There is a stupid non-white person complaining about why girls from their race don't get the same amount of coverage. Add the two and you get a lot of people stupidly wasting their time. 900,000 people a year go missing. Shit happens. Using national media to cover any single one is a waste of time. Any white person that gets caught up in the few that get national attention needs to start living a real life, and any non-white that wastes their time complaining or even noticing it as something bad because it's racist needs to realize they are living in a forest and complaining about the trees. If you don't understand that a majority white middle class country is going to focus more on white middle class stories than any other story then you need to be checked for an etremely low IQ.

Yes, it is no secret how jacked up this media is and the people who control it. Thats why B.E.T [Black exploitation tv] makes me angry. They could be broadcasting & letting our people know when our women are missing or when any of us in general are missing.Because theses crackers could give two shits about us. A devil will always be a devil, its in their nature. The nature of the threat.

Of the 900,000 a year that go missing, roughly 250,000 are black. BET could spend all day every day on just missing black people in the US and still not cover all of them. And Every white Network on TV could spend all day every day covering the 400,000 whites that go missing every year and still not get to all of them. Is that really what you want? Waste of time national news?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:59:37 AM by Shallow »

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »
Is it just you? No. There are plenty of people out there that skew facts for their amusement. In 2001 alone nearly 900,000 Americans went missing. All but just under 50,000 we're children. There were about 9,000 white women that went missing that year. I don't recall 9,000 news stories about missing white women in 2001. I personally can't even think of even a handful. The national attention missing person case shows up every now and then, and yes when it does show up in the US it is most likely to involve a young adult or late teen white female with above average to very good physical features. News programming is like all other TV. It looks to cater to a certain audience. They use a pretty white girl to get as many viewers as possible. It's a majority white country. A majority middle class country. A majority we love beautiful people country. The best way to ensure ratings is to find the lowest common denominator and start adding up the viewers. They want as many viewers as possible to see their sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, what have you. But not their real sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, but the form of that sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend. The audience sees in that girl everythung they want out of their sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend. The perfect sister, daughter, friend, high school crush, girlfriend, and that's what leads to the largest possible rating the news program can get from that story. They want that highest possible rating to keep as many people as possible stupified and in that case it works double. Because for every stupid white person glued to the TV hoping she gets found, wasting their time. There is a stupid non-white person complaining about why girls from their race don't get the same amount of coverage. Add the two and you get a lot of people stupidly wasting their time. 900,000 people a year go missing. Shit happens. Using national media to cover any single one is a waste of time. Any white person that gets caught up in the few that get national attention needs to start living a real life, and any non-white that wastes their time complaining or even noticing it as something bad because it's racist needs to realize they are living in a forest and complaining about the trees. If you don't understand that a majority white middle class country is going to focus more on white middle class stories than any other story then you need to be checked for an etremely low IQ.
I don't have to be checked for no lower IQ you idiot. So if thats your case then this whole equality shit is bullshit then. So you're saying if your non-white you should just deal with it , oh well. I find it funny how all you guys can sit there and say this world wont get anyway with people thinking the way I do. But in all actuality at least thinking the way I do, the likelihood of problems getting solved are much higher. You guys are just straight up like fuck it , oh well, deal with it.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself Shallow +1, there are bigger issues than the occasional reporting of a missing white person. This reminds me of the stupidly ignorant comment from Kanye West in which he was implying that the government only care for white people, meanwhile military were kicking in white middle class homes, seizing peoples arms at gun point, terrifying the old and the young. It really gets on my nerves this attempt to frame everything in the mould of whites have special treatment and blacks are the only ones who suffer.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:17:05 PM by virtuoso »

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 12:07:26 PM »

I don't know how much you karma dropped (neither do I care). Mine dropped 6, you don't here me bitching and complaining about my Karma. Only karma I care about is karma in real life [once again I live in reality] not karma on dubcc.

All karma talk aside, that's not the point of all this. Apparently we both don't care much about it, I just happened to notice mine dropping right after you got upset with me. If it wasn't you, I apologize for insinuating it was.

I was talking about the one sided media, only showing missing white women and you want to switch topics [like you guys always do]. Then, you want to switch it to black need to get there shit together.
But tell me this... You started a topic in the Train Of Thought, saying "Is it just me or is it that the media only caress if.........A white women is missing?!?! So guess it is clear white women are more important that black women then." You tell me how anyone in this thread went off topic, because I don't see it. We were still discussing black/white issues in the media, as far as I know. Me drawing the conclusion that 'blacks need to get their shit together' as you so nicely put it, is part of the very same discussion. It's what I see as the cause of the thing you noticed about the media. So how is that off topic?

( Thats all you guys do, when you guys can't debate something that out right messed up, you can always rely on the ol ' blacks need to get their act together).

Ah! Now we're getting to the heart of the point. When I make a post, there's some sort of people I'm supposedly being the voice of, representing them? I'm not a caucasian, I'm "The Caucasian People Of The World"?

Who the fuck is "you guys"? I thought you were replying to my post? Were you?

Also, from what you say, I can only conclude that you really mean ' O well, shit I'm not black, you guys just have to deal with it.' Say what you really want to say.

Read again, because I don't think I put it anywhere in between the lines.

There's stereotypes of all kinds of groups. They're not based on facts, but on subjective generalizations. Nonetheless, these stereotypes do affect the way outsiders look at these groups.
You seem to stereotype white people as racists who do not caring for blacks, and if they don't hate blacks at best they won't care for blacks. That stereotype is certainly coming from somewhere: you didn't make that up yourself, but it's an impression you have.

Stereotypes make it easier to categorize things and judge them. Things would get extremely complicated if you couldn't make these assumptions and anticipate behaviour or situations. They have a function, but they're also misleading. If you see a huge sealed box of a tv on the floor, you'll expect it to weigh quite some pounds. If you pick it up while it's empty without knowing it is, you'll fall flat down on your back. That's the power these assumptions have on your mind: you anticipate situations, and you judge them as if they were true without even having tested them properly.

There's a stereotype out there, and it's about blacks being undereducated and behaving foolish. That doesn't mean every black person is undereducated or behaves foolish, but it does rule the way some people think of blacks. And guess what, there truly are street gangs full of blacks, and in prisons in the U.S. whites are a minority. What in everyday society are minorities, aren't exactly minorities when it comes to representation in statistics of crime and undereducation. Blacks are poorly represented in the business world. Another fact. Whatever the causes are, these are facts I assume require no further backing up. They are facts that create a stereotype about blacks, and it works both ways, for that very stereotype is exactly what's keeping blacks from getting rid of it.

So here's the issue about 'the media' only caring for white women, and never for black women. You're probably right about your observations. Media care for what they think their audience deems important. And who really cares for an anonymous, unimportant and uninteresting black person being missed? The majority doesn't. The stereotype made them assume that 'a random black person' is 'an undereducated person, possibly a criminal'. (I know this is overdone, but it's for the sake of the argument about stereotypes) They don't need a second opinion, they'll judge right away, just like when you pick up a sealed tv box.

The point being? The media and the viewers may be consciously racist, I don't know. The picture of the average black man misleads them, that's for sure. There's a reason for the media paying less attention to blacks disappearing, and it's not just plain discrimination. That could be a part of it, but it's hard to tell the true reasons behind it.

That's all I'm saying when I say: to change that stereotype, change the way you and the people around you portray yourselves. If you want to be taken seriously, you can't go around screaming whitey did injustice to you and yours. The maintaining of a stereotype is in the hands of those it is concerned with. Change and you will be perceived differently.

Do you even live in the US?

I'm from Amsterdam. I hope that doesn't affect the legitimacy of my views on sociology and psychology?

+1 btw, for making me type out a fucking essay! lol