Author Topic: Eminem-Kim  (Read 681 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Re: Eminem-Kim
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 05:26:18 AM »
That was a very creative and intence song.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:44:07 AM »

thanks.the lyrics.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 06:03:45 AM »

thanks.the lyrics.
yeah; the slim shady LP was dope, and the Marshall mathers LP was even better imo. i respect that Eminem dares to talk about very personal stuff on rap songs.
it's a shame that he started to tone down his lyrics not long after the first D12 album.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 10:09:28 AM »
Every white boy I know swears this song is the shit and is classic. Almost every nigga I know though, thinks this song is 'an unattractive look'. :-\

I don't know, shit is too intense.

lol, im white and i love that song. the whole rap is nuts, love it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »
I've only heard this song once. Once is enough.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »
it's a shame that he started to tone down his lyrics not long after the first D12 album.
so true...
King Sikotic
listen to it and understand what the song is about not just: "wheres rap?why is she sceaming?whys she shouting?i dont like the song".
im not saying that that song is whatever whatever but its psychotic and rap-on-top lyrically.flow.etc.

p.s. stop smackin "kufis", you never fucked with "kufis" that were worth to start shit with, step to the wrong one and you´ll get hanged on your turban chokin, with your sandals in your mouth,your racist.watch your ass.

BACK TO TOPIC.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 06:31:17 PM »
so true...
King Sikotic
listen to it and understand what the song is about not just: "wheres rap?why is she sceaming?whys she shouting?i dont like the song".
im not saying that that song is whatever whatever but its psychotic and rap-on-top lyrically.flow.etc.

p.s. stop smackin "kufis", you never fucked with "kufis" that were worth to start shit with, step to the wrong one and you´ll get hanged on your turban chokin, with your sandals in your mouth,your racist.watch your ass.

BACK TO TOPIC.

lol wtf?

ahahhaha I guess he really is psycho. :grumpy:

-KIDRENEGADE-

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
so true...
King Sikotic

BACK TO TOPIC.

lol wtf?

ahahhaha I guess he really is psycho. :grumpy:

LOL, i think were all startin to think that :P

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
so true...
King Sikotic

BACK TO TOPIC.
Your kufi isn't worth smacking, so you shouldn't speak so low of yourself.

And I don't own a pair of sandals....or a turban. Your insults are about as bad as your taste in Eminem songs.

*yawn*
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Drop A Gem On Em

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 01:14:42 AM »
That song is just too fuckin chilling. i was just shocked at that.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 03:03:08 AM »
i really like the "so long, bitch you did me so wrong part", but as a whole, it was a little to violent and angry for me

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
Classic? Naah... No way. It's an interesting track 'cause of the delivery is different from anything else. But when it comes down to the raps - the lyrics, the flow, the rhymes - Em has so many tracks other than this that really could be considered classic. "Kim" just isn't that. The "screaming psycho fight" -handle works great for setting the mood to the track, and it works great with the story, but otherwise there isn't much to the track IMO.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »
Every white boy I know swears this song is the shit and is classic. Almost every nigga I know though, thinks this song is 'an unattractive look'. :-\

when i first hear it i was like ohhh this dude went too far now lol this is psycotic lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »

I think a lot have to do with what kind of music seeped into their brains while they were small. Kim has this Grunge element to it that just about every white kid would have heard non stop when they were little kids and they associate that with Kim. I think thy like the idea of the song more than the song. I never thought much of Eminm as a lyricist or storyteller. He's more like Tarantino while I prefer more of the Clint Eastwood style of story telling. More gritty, more real. Just my taste though.

Anyway, most black kids who were teens when Kim came out weren't listening to punk influenced music as kids. They were jumping up and down for MJ's Black or White while white kids were rocking their heads to Smeels Like Teen Spirit or Jeremy.

Personally I think the concept is silly, the delivery is over the top, and the lyrics canbe replaced with the Mushrooms song and vice versa. There is nothing really deep about it.

AndrE16686

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
^

its not supposed to be deep, its an expression of anger, a vent, a muthafucking spaz-attack in lyrical form.
Its like therapy, getting shit off your chest, instead of keeping it inside.....

...music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail. It's fucked up ain't it?/ How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted/That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing except for a dream, in a fuckin' rap magazine/who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long, idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives, till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die/Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe. We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes/that's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden/and maybe they'll admit it when we're gone. Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...

Slim Shady, was one of the greatest lyricists.