Author Topic: Eminem-Kim  (Read 702 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem-Kim
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19:57 PM »
^

its not supposed to be deep, its an expression of anger, a vent, a muthafucking spaz-attack in lyrical form.
Its like therapy, getting shit off your chest, instead of keeping it inside.....

...music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail. It's fucked up ain't it?/ How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted/That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing except for a dream, in a fuckin' rap magazine/who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long, idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives, till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die/Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe. We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes/that's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden/and maybe they'll admit it when we're gone. Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...

Slim Shady, was one of the greatest lyricists.

It's a stupid murder story that sounds more like whining than it does rage. His lyrics are too literal and pretentious when serious for me to think all that much of them. I think his ability to rap, flow and rhyme is phenominal. I just don't think much or his words or plots.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 05:52:11 AM »
But it wasn't even a story. It was an actual person he was writing about. At the end of the day, the girl's a fuckin' person, and he knew his suburban fans was gonna love that shit. Now you took it another level.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 07:14:47 AM »
But it wasn't even a story. It was an actual person he was writing about. At the end of the day, the girl's a fuckin' person, and he knew his suburban fans was gonna love that shit. Now you took it another level.

Of course it's a story. It's the prequel to the story from the SSLP about dumping the body.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 07:41:10 AM »
You know what I mean.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 07:56:13 AM »
This shit isn't music.

MediumL

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 08:33:12 AM »
I thought it was pretty innovative unlike most shit thats come out after 2000. I think the tracks good not classic though...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 08:42:39 AM »
hey im white...cheers for tellin me i think this is a classic...is there any other songs i deem CLASSIC I DONT KNOW ABOUT??

as for the song never really liked it...then again im a reasonably happy and secure person....ruined a very good album for me...specially as it was sandwhiched between two of my favourite tracks...thought it wasa bit OTT...now bonnie & clyde was a dope song as he still managed to inject some of his trademark humour...

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
^

its not supposed to be deep, its an expression of anger, a vent, a muthafucking spaz-attack in lyrical form.
Its like therapy, getting shit off your chest, instead of keeping it inside.....

...music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail. It's fucked up ain't it?/ How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any fuckin' thing that we wanted/That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing except for a dream, in a fuckin' rap magazine/who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long, idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/Or for anyone who's ever been through shit in their lives, till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die/Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe. We're nothin' to you but we're the fuckin' shit in they eyes/that's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden/and maybe they'll admit it when we're gone. Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...

Slim Shady, was one of the greatest lyricists.

was?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »
This shit isn't music.

A lot of pople say that about all types of genres. It's music. Just not very easy to listen to. I'm sure you don't think a lot of Bad Brains or Rollins Band is easy to listen to but it's still music.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
lmao@quiet truths comments at the beginning....funny how there is some truth to that....but be careful, steriotypes leads to racism....infact they intertwine......but thats taking it too far and thats on TOT secction shit...

in regards to this post....

i think when i was younger i probably bumped this a few times, i thought the hook was aight back then but i never considered the song anywhere near classic...oh im black by the way,aha....

but for real, the joint is wayyy ott for me....i prefer eminems flow when his chilled but kinda pissed.....like the joints on mmlp where his complaining about shit on dre westcoast influenced beats....such as "who knew" joint or something like that....you know the "i never knew i would get this rich"...joint...and if his gonna be pissed and use his albums as anger management i prefer shit like "the way i am" or "solider".....this is def not music to me....but like shallow said it is music....everything we hear on the radio which is a song is music....

its like an academic piece of work....damn a cat could have a 10000 word essay full of shit and another could have a 1000 word essay which is amazing....they both academic work...ones just garbage, the other is great....

anyways im not a fan of this joint....nuttin personal, i think hiphop needs eminem but not an encore or a recylced eminem....but like this shit was made when eminem was at his peak so like even though i aint a fan of this, i cannot hate

pz

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 04:05:28 AM »
in case anybody is interested:

it's from Eminem's book "Angry blonde".

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:18:23 AM by Dre-Day »