Author Topic: 2007 has been a great year for rap music imo  (Read 730 times)

herpes

Re: 2007 has been a great year for rap music imo
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 06:29:43 PM »
what a surprise that spice would say 2007 was a great year.  For the most part the year sucked.  A few decent releases doesn't equal a great year.

what a surprise that moron Fits has nothing positive to say about rap. 2007 has been a very impressive year music wise.  FIts the history of rap is great but you gota move on,  you know your shit when it comes to 1993 east coast rap  but currently you dont know shit about shit.  move thd fuck on, it's not the mid 90's anymore.

What is there positive to say when the best new emcees in the past 7-8 years can't get any shine.  They can't even get a album out on a indie label b/c the industry is so fucked up.  Instead every single sounds the same now a days.  A lot of these new cats all spit about the same shit.  Some of the albums you listed were nice but a couple of years from now no one will be talking about them.  And the few good albums out you have to go searching for.  And telling me to move one... thats one of the biggest problems with hip hop.  Every other genre of music embraces and celebrates the people that became before them on a regular basis.  You hear classic rock music just as much as the new stuff.  Kids that just get into other genres of music find out about the classics, they are encouraged too.  Yet  in rap if you listen to older stuff thats like a dirty thing to do.  Thanks to MTV for that and this generation that is so simple minded it lets the mass media control it's thoughts.  New rock fans will eventually find out about Elvis, the Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, and so on. While most new hip hop heads will never know who is Melle Mel, Schooly D, KRS-One, and a lot of other rap pioneers.  Why can't we embrace the old and the new. Because of simple minded closed minded cats like you who say move on b/c the old stuff is dirty or old.  10 years from now when you moved on from hip hop real hip hop fans like myself will have to pick up the pieces of a art form that is in ruins b/c of the mind set of people like you.  And one more point I dont know shit about shit.  Why don't you start a poll asking who knows more on rap.  Who is the bigger hip hop head.  Who is the more knowledgeable hip hop head.  People here may not like me but they know I know my shit.  Maybe thats why you always get defensive when I talk about old school shit, b/c all you know is what has happened in the 2000's.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:34:23 PM by * »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »
no one mentioned underground kingz? i thought that was the best album of 07! i do hafta agree its been a god year though

another good album was Luni Coleon & Cool Nutz- Every Single Day

herpes

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »
no one mentioned underground kingz? i thought that was the best album of 07! i do hafta agree its been a god year though

another good album was Luni Coleon & Cool Nutz- Every Single Day

you still the same LAZY thats been here for years lol.  I didn't know you still posted here.

K-9

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:10 AM »
DJ KHALED WE THE BEST!! MY NIGGA GOT LIKE EVERY REAL RAPPER IN THE GAME TODAY ON THAT SHIT TERROR SQUAD 4 LIFE!!!! WE TAKIN OVA!!!!
Man fuck Burger flipper squad did ur mum told you to go on a diet on that pic you pink wearing valrus fagget.   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:53:39 AM by Spider Loc fan "Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement" »

Raphael

Re: 2007 has been the worst year in hiphop history
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:41 AM »
underground kingz.. the only really good album this year

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »
Great albums from Cassidy, Chamillionaire and Kanye.

Dope albums from

-WC
-Styles P
-TI
-Devin The Dude
-Kurupt/J Wells - Digital Smoke
-Hell Rell

you forgot to mention the best mixtape eeeeever

And a lot more these are just off the top of my head.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
what a surprise that spice would say 2007 was a great year.  For the most part the year sucked.  A few decent releases doesn't equal a great year.

what a surprise that moron Fits has nothing positive to say about rap. 2007 has been a very impressive year music wise.  FIts the history of rap is great but you gota move on,  you know your shit when it comes to 1993 east coast rap  but currently you dont know shit about shit.  move thd fuck on, it's not the mid 90's anymore.

What is there positive to say when the best new emcees in the past 7-8 years can't get any shine.  They can't even get a album out on a indie label b/c the industry is so fucked up.  Instead every single sounds the same now a days.  A lot of these new cats all spit about the same shit.  Some of the albums you listed were nice but a couple of years from now no one will be talking about them.  And the few good albums out you have to go searching for.  And telling me to move one... thats one of the biggest problems with hip hop.  Every other genre of music embraces and celebrates the people that became before them on a regular basis.  You hear classic rock music just as much as the new stuff.  Kids that just get into other genres of music find out about the classics, they are encouraged too.  Yet  in rap if you listen to older stuff thats like a dirty thing to do.  Thanks to MTV for that and this generation that is so simple minded it lets the mass media control it's thoughts.  New rock fans will eventually find out about Elvis, the Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, and so on. While most new hip hop heads will never know who is Melle Mel, Schooly D, KRS-One, and a lot of other rap pioneers.  Why can't we embrace the old and the new. Because of simple minded closed minded cats like you who say move on b/c the old stuff is dirty or old.  10 years from now when you moved on from hip hop real hip hop fans like myself will have to pick up the pieces of a art form that is in ruins b/c of the mind set of people like you.  And one more point I dont know shit about shit.  Why don't you start a poll asking who knows more on rap.  Who is the bigger hip hop head.  Who is the more knowledgeable hip hop head.  People here may not like me but they know I know my shit.  Maybe thats why you always get defensive when I talk about old school shit, b/c all you know is what has happened in the 2000's.

i didnt read this shit but tha first two and last sentences and it looks 2 me that u got all emotional pussy.  but 4 tha evergoing arguements sake, EVERY single doesnt sound tha same and EVERY artist that waz hot back then besides a chosen few UGK, Jay, Snoop, Wu, and a few more dont even really need 2 drop albums anymore let me know who should bcuz i beg 2 differ wit this old verses new bullshit, i grew up on old skool HIP HOP-90's Gangsta Shit, and 00's microwave rap and 2 b honest tha game is gettin better, it all depends on where ur lookin 4 ur music.
I only fuck with 10's

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »
imo 06 was way better

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 04:09:39 PM »
easily 15-20?
wtf? If I do a top 10 list,I got to put some average albums on the list.
But I guess the younger generation likes what's getting put out? If so that's all good and means that cats like me and fits is living in the past,ha,ha.
LOL
here's my list of good/dope albums this year, NO order

50 Cent - Curtis - he gets lots of hate, but can't say this album wasn't pretty decent
Beanie Sigel - The Solution
Boyz N Da Hood - Back Up N Da Chevy
Butch Cassidy & Damizza - Back B4 You're Lonely
Cassidy - B.A.R.S.
Common - Finding Forever
Chamillionaire - The Ultimate Victory - future classic
Daz - Gangsta Party
Freeway - Free At Last
DJ Drama - Gangsta Grillz: The Album
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Joell Ortiz - The Brick-Bodega Chronicles
Kanye West - Graduation
Kurupt Presents: Tangled Thoughts - From Philly 2 Cali
Nappy Roots - Inner State Music
Plies - The Real Testament
Saigon - Moral Of The Story
Scarface - Made
Soopafly - Bangin' West Coast
Strong Arm Steady - Deep Hearted
T.I - T.I Vs T.I.P
Talib Kweli - Ear Drum
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit
U.G.K - UnderGround Kingz - future classic
W.C - Guilty By Affilation

plus not to mention hip-hop weekly, and all the great street albums/mixtapes dropped by the west this year (g.malone, terrace martin, meech wells, 2 bishop lamont with another likely dope one on the way, baby down, big syke, etc.)

u can't pick 10??
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
easily 15-20?
wtf? If I do a top 10 list,I got to put some average albums on the list.
But I guess the younger generation likes what's getting put out? If so that's all good and means that cats like me and fits is living in the past,ha,ha.
LOL
here's my list of good/dope albums this year, NO order

50 Cent - Curtis - he gets lots of hate, but can't say this album wasn't pretty decent
Beanie Sigel - The Solution
Boyz N Da Hood - Back Up N Da Chevy
Butch Cassidy & Damizza - Back B4 You're Lonely
Cassidy - B.A.R.S.
Common - Finding Forever
Chamillionaire - The Ultimate Victory - future classic
Daz - Gangsta Party
Freeway - Free At Last
DJ Drama - Gangsta Grillz: The Album
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Joell Ortiz - The Brick-Bodega Chronicles
Kanye West - Graduation
Kurupt Presents: Tangled Thoughts - From Philly 2 Cali
Nappy Roots - Inner State Music
Plies - The Real Testament
Saigon - Moral Of The Story
Scarface - Made
Soopafly - Bangin' West Coast
Strong Arm Steady - Deep Hearted
T.I - T.I Vs T.I.P
Talib Kweli - Ear Drum
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit
U.G.K - UnderGround Kingz - future classic
W.C - Guilty By Affilation

plus not to mention hip-hop weekly, and all the great street albums/mixtapes dropped by the west this year (g.malone, terrace martin, meech wells, 2 bishop lamont with another likely dope one on the way, baby down, big syke, etc.)

u can't pick 10??

You forgot Prodigy - Return of the Mac

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »
if i forgot an album, chances are i didn't hear it lol
i didn't hear return of the mac
i gotta do mobb deep's discography & do a thread on it...when i do, return of the mac will be heard 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
i gotta do mobb deep's discography & do a thread on it...when i do, return of the mac will be heard 8)

prodigy is a little lazy on the record but alchemist behind the boards is what really shines. a full album of alchemist production = CRACK

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

prodigy is a little lazy on the record but alchemist behind the boards is what really shines. a full album of alchemist production = CRACK
i anticipate that
alchemist is dope on the boards

WC Iz Active

Re: 2007 has been the worst year in hiphop history
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »
underground kingz.. the only really good album this year

LOL

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 04:35:30 PM »
In MY opinion you mentioned alot of below average albums. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that garbage like steriod model albums get appriciated,but can't do nothing but respect your opinion.
10 albums?
WC
Nxgger Noize
Caltroit
Taje
Khayree
Scarface
Devin
UGK
Joell Ortiz
Evidence
X-Clan
the jacka; devilz rejectz
RBX

got to add that at least half of the albums above is average and I yet to check out "Blu & exile's" album.
true that
i respect ya opinion