Author Topic: 2007 has been a great year for rap music imo  (Read 729 times)

d-nice

Re: 2007 has been a great year for rap music imo
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
That new Hell Rell ain't too bad either. I was surprised by it. Definitely been bumping Scarface HEAVY. That is a personal classic imo.
fuck personal dog, that shit IS a classic (future one at least) :P
if i were 2 make a face best of, i'd seriously have 2 consider the suicide note, never, burn

I know, did not want this to turn into Oh dog it's too early to call it a classic debate. So I just said myself.  ;D Yeah it is a classic. Who Do You Believe In is amazing. He ethered Bush at the end of that song.

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »
That new Hell Rell ain't too bad either. I was surprised by it. Definitely been bumping Scarface HEAVY. That is a personal classic imo.
fuck personal dog, that shit IS a classic (future one at least) :P
if i were 2 make a face best of, i'd seriously have 2 consider the suicide note, never, burn

I know, did not want this to turn into Oh dog it's too early to call it a classic debate. So I just said myself.  ;D Yeah it is a classic. Who Do You Believe In is amazing. He ethered Bush at the end of that song.
LOL yea i know ;D
didn't mean 2 turn into 1 either, honestly i can already call it a classic, was just trying 2 avoid that argument as well ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2007, 08:17:19 PM »
^^^^^
the scarface classic issue is a little hard if I choose to compare it to Mr.Scarface is back and The Diary it comes short. But when I compare it to the records that's out there,it's superior. I love it,but damn I don't think I can go higher than a strong 4/5.

Yeah that goes to show you just how strong his catalog is. Compared to those I don't know yet but I think arguably Face has at least 3 classic albums, maybe even more. This album had more of a updated sound and then midway all the way to the end it was that classic Rap-A-Lot throwback production. Damn it, RAL DESERVES a appreciation thread, sooooooooooo many classics.

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »
^^^
ohh yeah,face got at least 2 OVERALL classics,then after that he got a couple regional classics. But it's really hard,being a fan it's easy to be biased,so I hold back. But most of RAL catalog goes down as personal classics or at least albums I appriciate for what they're worth. It's sad that cats sleep on shit like Blac Monks,Big Mike,Trinity garden cartel,facemob etc. damn so much dope shit.

Very true. But Made is definitely a classic to me. Good to see Bido back on a Face album as well doing beats. He is sooo slept on.

d-nice

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »
Bido should get Blac' Monks or Convicts back together. Maybe Convicts is easiest since both Big Mike and 3-2 is somewhat still around. J.Prince has managed to keep Geto Boys alive,Bido should do his part to keep "his" projects alive.

Yeah but I was a little disappointed to hear Face is probably not going to do the next Geto Boys album if there is one. There are talks about Bun B being in the group but I don't know how true that is. Most def I think the Convicts could be done again. Did you ever get 3-2's album Da Governor?

That Styles P is cool but something is missing from it though. The Ghostface album is another gem.

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:40 PM »
^^^^
face has said that shit for last 10-15 but he always come around when it's time to do a geto boys album. Yes,there has been talk about Bun B for years,maybe that's a trick J.Prince use to get Face on board. Geto Boys is also Face's legacy,so he ain't letting that slip so easy. yeah,I got the govenor. 3-2 has only released two solo albums right?

Yeah that's it. Wicked Buddah Baby was the shit. Mike Dean had some DOPE beats on Made. That outro beat sounded like it should have been on a movie soundtrack. You are definitely right about The Geto Boys and Scarface. Hopefully they will do another album. Foundation was nice.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »
i dont go heavy commercia shis is this list that iv been bangin in the MB from this year

Big Prodeje - Hood 2 Da Good
Daz Dillinger - Gangsta Party
DJ Jazzy Jeff - The Return of the Magnificent
Kurupt & J Wells - Digital Smoke
MC Eiht - Representin' (A Re-Release i know but bangin none the less fuckin RAW)
Pete Rock - The PJs Single Feat All the wu tang
Rappin 4-Tay - That's What You Thought (cant beleve i aint herd nun yall talkin about this the 12min version of Live from the 415 is bangin)
Soopafly - Bangin West Coast
South Central Cartel - Westurrection
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit
WC - Guilty by Affiliation

also not so much but the snoop dogg mix tape :Big Squeeze

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:30 PM »
i dont go heavy commercia shis is this list that iv been bangin in the MB from this year

MC Eiht - Representin' (A Re-Release i know but bangin none the less fuckin RAW)
Rappin 4-Tay - That's What You Thought (cant beleve i aint herd nun yall talkin about this the 12min version of Live from the 415 is bangin)

I posted the shorter version of "Live From the 415" in a west coast topic a couple weeks ago and nobody even said shit about it. That track was hot, I think it was mentioned in Vibe or 1 of the magazines, although the rest of the album wasn't that great. It had a couple cool songs, but it was only decent. But it was worth it just for the 2 versions of that song, plus there were a few more nice ones.
I got a bird's eye view

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »
I posted the shorter version of "Live From the 415" in a west coast topic a couple weeks ago and nobody even said shit about it. That track was hot, I think it was mentioned in Vibe or 1 of the magazines, although the rest of the album wasn't that great. It had a couple cool songs, but it was only decent. But it was worth it just for the 2 versions of that song, plus there were a few more nice ones.

I´ve not heard the 4 Tay album yet,but I seem to remember that the album got some hate on here when it was released.
So because of the hate,I didn´t check it out. Should I check it out?

so what your saying is you where influenced by other peoples opinions and dident give it a chance to produce your own?? as the homie seid

its a cool CD decent to lsiten to but its got like 4 skippers