Author Topic: Mobb Deep = Dogg Pound of the East Coast?  (Read 572 times)

Doggystylin

Mobb Deep = Dogg Pound of the East Coast?
« on: December 12, 2007, 03:22:21 AM »
There just so many parallels, what ya think?, just to start it off they were both duos putting out amazing music on their coasts and another is that they both have double letters ending the first word of their names, Mobb, Dogg

Al Bundy

Re: Mobb Deep = Dogg Pound of the East Coast?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:29:06 AM »
Somewhat. But Mobb Deep also have two classics IMO compared to Tha Dogg Pounds one (Dogg Food).

Both groups have great, mediocre, and shit albums.

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »
Yer they're similar but like brundy said mobb have 2 classics where as dogg pound have 1. I see the parallels how they got the producer and rapper, both daz and havoc were important for their respective coasrs durin the 90s. Both prodigy and kurupt fell of lyrically from being near the top of the game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

kingston

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:41:24 AM »
funny you say that cause mobb deep is my favorite group from the east & dogg pound my favorite from the west !! but that's from my perspective i know that the younger cats don't fuck wit them no more but you know.. times change ;)

Raphael

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:43:43 AM »
yeah but mobb deep puts out quality albums unlike tha dogg pound.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:15:08 AM »
i can see y u mite say this but IMO Mobb Deep release far better albums (lyrics esp., beats and they get better features) they also have a more classics than DPG and have a better discography all round, i dont think u can match them because IMO Mobb deep are FAR better
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:19:19 AM by Makaveli's Food & Liquor Seeks The Greatest Story Never Told »

StevenQBosell

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
Somewhat. But Mobb Deep also have two classics IMO compared to Tha Dogg Pounds one (Dogg Food).

Good point, Sir Bundy (No homo)

BTW is Havoc producing anything for anybody nowadays?

$ FaMe $

• Lil Geezy
  • I MuSt CoNFeSS ThaT I'M The BeSt
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 09:24:26 AM »
i can see y u mite say this but IMO Mobb Deep release far better albums (lyrics esp., beats and they get better features) they also have a more classics than DPG and have a better discography all round, i dont think u can match them because IMO Mobb deep are FAR better
I Think that u have to consider that while the Mobb Deep where always on a major label the Dogg Pound relased only "dogg food" as a major album , the others albums can't match the quality of their first one because they didn't have the support to do it (in fact they seems more like mixtape shit to me) ...
Also i think that we have to consider the solo album ,for example Streetz iz A mutha and Retalation , Revenge and get back are 2 fuckin' classic album .... also other albums from Daz and Kurupt are very good (like The Dogg Pound Gangsta LP , RAW or Kuruption ... ).

HEC

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »
probably the 2 most similar groups as far as comparison goes, you got P and Kurupt as MC's and Daz and Hav as the producers who also rap, I'd give the edge to Mobb as far as group albums and to DPG as far as solo albums so it is about even

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »

on point

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »
In some ways, but at least Mobb is somewhat relevant today.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 12:38:07 PM »
In some ways, but at least Mobb is somewhat relevant today.

VxTheGeneral

• 'G'
  • Picture Of Me, At Night
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
DOGPOUND = MOBB DEEP ON THE WESTCOAST !?!?!

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
The Prodigy/Kurupt comparisons are pretty much dead on. Havoc/Daz not so much but both definitely were considered the producers and the weaker mc and now or at one time both were considered the strongest piece to the group.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »
2 of my fav groups ever.  however currently Mobb Deep is just average while DGP is currently trash.  both groups used to be fuckin great though.

Overall comparing careers I would have to say,

Mobb Deep>>>>>>>DPG