Author Topic: Mobb Deep = Dogg Pound of the East Coast?  (Read 570 times)

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
Re: Mobb Deep = Dogg Pound of the East Coast?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 12:58:04 PM »
lol I don't give a fuck I'm a keep it real and ride wit' what music I grew up wit'. The real Havikk 'n' Prodigee will out perform mob deep any day in my opinion. So what if the sales aren't there, growing up as a kid bumpin' 'G'z come out at nite' or even any 'Y.M.S' and not hearing really any eastcoast music till I got older than having someone play a m.d track it's like what tha fuck!? w.t.f is this crap?! lol, sorry I just can't see any good m.d music. Maybe that one with twista on the remix or their shook one's off the sunset park sndtk, maayybe. So anyway, and yeah growing up bumpin' dpg and now (well last year) working with them, I'm biased westcoast a bit so I gotta say DPG, but really there last album wasn't great and 'Cali iz active' which was hella good wasn't promoted rite as the 'doggfood 2' it could've been. 'Aftershock' or whatever is cancelled now it seems, but hopefully they can comeback with that.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »
i can see y u mite say this but IMO Mobb Deep release far better albums (lyrics esp., beats and they get better features) they also have a more classics than DPG and have a better discography all round, i dont think u can match them because IMO Mobb deep are FAR better

exactly what i was gonna say...
you could have made this comparison about 10 years ago and it would have been a lot more relevant than it is today. IMO, i'd rather listen to the worst mobb album than the SECOND best DPG album.

would rather listen to infamy than dillinger and young gotti? infamy got some dope tracks but is flooded with some BULLSHIT.

sadly, yes.
that's the problem i have with DPG. they dropped one INCREDIBLE album and then fell further and further off my radar with each and every release...their solo albums are incredible, too, but as a group, hell nah. i'm actually still bitter that i spent money on those post-Dogg Food DPG albums. there's only one memorable track for me off of dillinger & young gotti (heart don't pump no fear).

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
if you compare Infamy to DPG worst album yeah Infamy is better than anything DPG put out since Dillinger and Young Gotti but D&YG>Infamy not even close 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 08:54:31 PM »
lol I don't give a fuck I'm a keep it real and ride wit' what music I grew up wit'. The real Havikk 'n' Prodigee will out perform mob deep any day in my opinion. So what if the sales aren't there, growing up as a kid bumpin' 'G'z come out at nite' or even any 'Y.M.S' and not hearing really any eastcoast music till I got older than having someone play a m.d track it's like what tha fuck!? w.t.f is this crap?! lol, sorry I just can't see any good m.d music. Maybe that one with twista on the remix or their shook one's off the sunset park sndtk, maayybe. So anyway, and yeah growing up bumpin' dpg and now (well last year) working with them, I'm biased westcoast a bit so I gotta say DPG, but really there last album wasn't great and 'Cali iz active' which was hella good wasn't promoted rite as the 'doggfood 2' it could've been. 'Aftershock' or whatever is cancelled now it seems, but hopefully they can comeback with that.

Right when you got to the comparisons of SCC and Mobb Deep, I stopped caring about your opinion.

SCC are the typical gangsta rap about the same old bullshit. Don't flip the script though, I like them (I own N Gatz We Truss) but Mobb Deep outperforms them ten fold.

I like both groups almost equally but Mobb Deep a bit more than DPG just because of some of the real wack releases from tha pound.

BIG SB

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 09:02:17 PM »
mobb deep > dpg peroid!

i'm listening to dpg right now but shit hell on earth > doggfood

dpgs only good albums were doggfood and dpg 2002, dillinger and young gotti was coo, but mobb deeps free agent mixtape was shitting on most dpgs work.  Solo dpg has mobb deep, raw, space boogie, rr&gb and streetz iz a motha were sick but so was hnic