Author Topic: Mexicans did start rap..what was i thinking  (Read 1535 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Mexicans did start rap..what was i thinking
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »
These guys have so much rhythm. you'd be a foll to not think mexicans didnt start rap.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SryncRV3R24&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SryncRV3R24&amp;rel=1</a>

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
Re: Mexicans did start rap..what was i thinking
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
whites started rap

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
whites started rap
^ even better whites started rap. but those mexicans they really killed it did u hear the metaphors and adjectives and etc.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »
naw no whites, blacks, or mexicans start rap....

It was Salvadorians who started it.  Back in Central America wit that brown pride.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
naw no whites, blacks, or mexicans start rap....

It was Salvadorians who started it.  Back in Central America wit that brown pride.
Only things u guys started was MS 13

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »
lol...

well i can say that chicano rap in general has made great strides from like .. the 90s .... with a few standouts of course but the masses didnt really know what was up but u have

fingazz the producer

tha mexakinz pecador sinful, lil rob, mr shadow, don cisco, 2 mex, baby bash, louie from up north i know im missin someone else thats got song writing ability, skills
to come out of that 90s wave

they had that o.g. on there i thought that was dope for him to spit a couple of bars ..   what i wanna see out of the community is a rapper whos good at just being himself with lyrical ability like crooked i

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »
that was the wackest shit ive ever heard.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 02:42:39 PM »
 ;D
I'm not knocking their Hustle.
keep it coming homies.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:20 PM »

hhahah

Naw but for reals, some of these rappers on this video came straight out of my city.  Charlie Row Campo is a label that started from Chino Grande, From WHittier in the South East of Los Angeles.  Thats where i live at. 

I know people who are from his gang and they say hes a real coo guy.  He one of those gangsters that give u respect as long as u respect him.

U guys might not like chicano rap, but in L.A. theres alot of chicano rappers who everybody knows about.  The mainstream chicano rappers are more like Mr. Shadow, Lil Rob, Lil uno, lil cuete.  Everybody thinks their dope out here.

Then theres alot more latin underground rap like Sick Jacken from Psycho Realm or Thief Sicario or Krazy Race also from my city.

^^ these are more straight political underground rap.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »

hhahah

Naw but for reals, some of these rappers on this video came straight out of my city.  Charlie Row Campo is a label that started from Chino Grande, From WHittier in the South East of Los Angeles.  Thats where i live at. 

I know people who are from his gang and they say hes a real coo guy.  He one of those gangsters that give u respect as long as u respect him.

U guys might not like chicano rap, but in L.A. theres alot of chicano rappers who everybody knows about.  The mainstream chicano rappers are more like Mr. Shadow, Lil Rob, Lil uno, lil cuete.  Everybody thinks their dope out here.

Then theres alot more latin underground rap like Sick Jacken from Psycho Realm or Thief Sicario or Krazy Race also from my city.

^^ these are more straight political underground rap.

Isnt Lil Rob, Mr.Shadow and Lil cuete from SD?? Anway I can't get down with Chicano rap because all you here them fools say is mayete this and mayete that. I can rock out with Sick Jacken rom Psycho Realm because they drop real hip hop, but hold up would they be considser mayater wannabes? because I think they had a couple of feats. with so call mayates

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 07:10:17 PM »
Isnt Lil Rob, Mr.Shadow and Lil cuete from SD?? Anway I can't get down with Chicano rap because all you here them fools say is mayete this and mayete that. I can rock out with Sick Jacken rom Psycho Realm because they drop real hip hop, but hold up would they be considser mayater wannabes? because I think they had a couple of feats. with so call mayates

Yeah their from San Diego.  and dont get it twisted, most chicano rap does not say anything about mayate this or mayate that.  THE ONLY CHICANO rap that does that is the hardcore gangbanging chicano rap.  THe ones that have beef wit black gangs.

The best chicano rap is the laydback type.   Rappers like "A lighter Shade of Brown" wit that song "on a sunday afternoon".  That was a classic song back in the days just about kicking back on sunday.

And no, rappers like Sick Jacken are NOT considered mayate wannabes.  Jacken is straight from Los Angeles and he gets respect from gangbangers, blacks, whites, latinos, basically everybody cus hes talks on street politics.  And he is proud to be mexican and lets it be known in songs.  BUT he doesnt go around saying im mexican in every song cus most of his songs are about something.

And nobody really cares if u do songs wit black people.  Look at mr. Capone e.  Hes done like 2 album wit lil flip and hes also done albums wit Bizzy and bone thugs basically.
THE ONLY people that got a problem wit it again is the hardcore gangbanging mexican.  but basically nobody cares who u do songs wit as long as there dope.

Only rappers that are considered Mayate Wanabees are the ones that dress all extra baggy wit braids and be walking around saying nigga and things like that.  Those are rappers that are considered wanabees.

I guess Latin hiphop will always be basically just for latinos.  I guess cus other people cant relate to our lifestyle.  Everybody body in my neighborhood likes Chicano rap.  Everybody thinks its dope.  My neighborhood is basically 100 percent latino.

But then i go on the internet and people on the internet be always hating on chicano rap.  But to us it doesnt matter.  Either u feel it or you dont. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:21:04 PM by BigG »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:30 PM »
god i fucking hate god damn cholos, handle bar mustaches, locs, cortez classics, and anchor blue wardrobe's .....sets mexicans back 50 years.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
handle bar mustaches, locs, cortez classics, and anchor blue wardrobe's 

that look is so ridiculous

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »
handle bar mustaches, locs, cortez classics, and anchor blue wardrobe's 

that look is so ridiculous
The black gloves with short sleeve shirts in the middle of July is a nice touch though, you have to admit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
^^Very nice touch indeed..Because even though it is 100 degrees outside, you got to keep gloves on your hands.
I got a bird's eye view