Author Topic: Z-Ro on Rocafella?  (Read 573 times)

westsiderider323

Z-Ro on Rocafella?
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »
iz it tru Z-Ro might sign to Rocafella or iz it just bullshit?

Lunatic

Re: Z-Ro on Rocafella?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
indeed that rumour is floatin around
doubt it's true though

wouldn't mind seeing it...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
Thats the dumbest fucking move he can make. Roc Def Jam won't push him AT ALL.  Even worse, they'll try to make him fit some mainstream mold and it wouldn't work anyway. 

Is he signed w/ Rap-A-Lot?  Stay there - lower budgets, better profit margins, and you can be yourself. 

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:21 PM »
^not even sure what his label situation is

freeway just dropped a solid album on the roc, so i think ro would be able 2 as well

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
Z-Ro is still on RAL.

I'm not sure wether a move to the ROC would benefit him or not. He's not very mainstream - maybe they could give him a one album deal, with an option for more, to see how it works out.

Z-Ro is one of the realest!

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 02:37:50 PM »
Z-Ro is still on RAL.

I'm not sure wether a move to the ROC would benefit him or not. He's not very mainstream - maybe they could give him a one album deal, with an option for more, to see how it works out.

lyrically he aint but the guy can harmonise which helps in the mainstream.

I only have the life of joseph w mcvey and let the truth be told.

both good albums, whats his best ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »
Hell no. He wouldn't fit there at all. Z-Ro is too street for Roc-A-Fella.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »
If he was smart, he wouldn't sign, because if your name ain't Jay-Z or Kanye, then you ain't puttin shit out on Roc-A-Fella anyways.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »
^fact.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »
Z-Ro is still on RAL.

lyrically he aint but the guy can harmonise which helps in the mainstream.

I only have the life of joseph w mcvey and let the truth be told.

both good albums, whats his best ?

He sure can do hooks, yes

Imo Let The Truth Be Told is his best to this date

kemizt

EXPOSEPONCESENT

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »
if it is true, I hope that brother gets paid, he's another real nigga in the game that the game needs you know, true stories, lets go

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
^not even sure what his label situation is

freeway just dropped a solid album on the roc, so i think ro would be able 2 as well

ok, but do we really need another rapper jumping to a major and putting out the same type of album as everybody else?  How many albums do you hear (not you specificically) with the same features, the same production before you it's played out?  For me, that happened several years ago.

Thats a major fundamental reason why I hate major labels.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
ok, but do we really need another rapper jumping to a major and putting out the same type of album as everybody else?  How many albums do you hear (not you specificically) with the same features, the same production before you it's played out?  For me, that happened several years ago.

well z-ro ain't a fav of mine (not because i don't "like" him, just haven't taken the time 2 listen 2 enough of his material YET) so maybe that's why my attitude is like "sure why not." That is true, 95% of the mainstream albums do sound the same now, with production from timbaland and so on.

For the most part it is played out for me, but i just take it in stride. i listen 2 most of it because i just love hip-hop lol, but could really care less what *fill in name here* is doing, because if i want strictly dope hip-hop, it ain't 2 hard 2 find

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »

well z-ro ain't a fav of mine (not because i don't "like" him, just haven't taken the time 2 listen 2 enough of his material YET) so maybe that's why my attitude is like "sure why not." That is true, 95% of the mainstream albums do sound the same now, with production from timbaland and so on.

For the most part it is played out for me, but i just take it in stride. i listen 2 most of it because i just love hip-hop lol, but could really care less what *fill in name here* is doing, because if i want strictly dope hip-hop, it ain't 2 hard 2 find

I wouldn't say I'm a z-ro fan myself, don't own any of his albums, but I do think he's a talented dude.  But whether I like him or even think he's talented is irrelevant.  It's the principle which is why I don't think he should do it.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:28:03 PM »
[quote author=Ron Paul = greatest American since Thomas Jefferson link=topic=162565.msg1683259#msg1683259
I wouldn't say I'm a z-ro fan myself, don't own any of his albums, but I do think he's a talented dude.  But whether I like him or even think he's talented is irrelevant.  It's the principle which is why I don't think he should do it.
[/quote]
true that
guess i agree with cha on that