Author Topic: DUBCNN & Meech Wells "12 Days Of Christmas Contest" *LAST DAY; GET IT IN!!*  (Read 2080 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/contests/8daysofchristmas/

Dubcnn & Meech Wells "8 Days Of Chirstmas" - December 20, 2007 By : Eddie

Download the instrumental here: http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2007/december/meech_wells-nite_locs_instrumental-(dubcnn).mp3

Although “The New West World Order Volume 1” is still buzzing like crazy, Meech Wells [visit his Myspace page here] is almost done with the second installment of his street album series. The new project will feature guest appearances from Eastwood, Young Mack Life, Young Joker, and the rest of the usual suspects – but you can look out for some big name surprise guests to pop up as well!

While Meech is putting the finishing touches on the album right now, he’s looking for a special new talent to fill one guest spot. Being that this is the holiday season, Meech wants to extend his hand to the right MC that deserves some big time shine. Knowing that Dubcnn is a breeding ground for all kinds of up-and-coming talent on the West, he came to us, and after some joint brainstorming we’re pleased to announce one of our most exciting contests to date. We’re bringing “12 Days Of Christmas” to the West Coast underground this holiday season. Together, we’re gonna hook you up with what could be your big break into the West Coast rap game!

Below is the instrumental to “Nite L.O.C.S.,” a Meech Wells production that originally featured Snoop Dogg, Kokane, and Goldie Loc. Meech wants to see what you can do with this track. To enter the contest, all you have to do is record a new version of this song. Drop your own original concept, lyrics, and delivery on the cut, and be sure to give it your all!

Keep in mind that Meech is looking for an MC with a fresh style. He’s also not looking for typical West Coast gangsta rap on this track. In fact, that’s the point of this contest. Think of it this way: Meech is asking you, “How would you update this track to make it appeal to the average hip-hop fan in 2007?” It’s a tough task, but if you can pull it off you’ll get hooked up in a major way! Download the instrumental below and get started.

Meech Wells – Nite L.O.C.S. [Instrumental] [DO NOT Base Your Song Around This Title/Concept] [Right Click, Save Target As To Download]

When you’re done recording your song, send it in to eddie@dubcnn.com with the subject line as “Dubcnn & Meech Wells: ‘12 Days Of Christmas’ Contest.” Only MP3 and WMA formats will be accepted. Also be sure to include your MC name, phone number, and a Myspace page if you’ve got one. We strongly encourage that you join our forum community if you haven't already as well, because Meech will be in there frequently to chat with you directly.

After the contest is closed, we’ll drop all of your songs off with Meech as a late Christmas present, and he’ll personally listen to every single one of them. After careful review, he’ll pick the winner himself!

The lucky MC who wins the contest will get the amazing opportunity to come out to Meech Wells’ studio and work on a song with him! The track that the two of you record will be featured on “The New West World Order Volume 2,” which is dropping for free download in January, only on Dubcnn. There are a lot of major moves in the works right now over at Meech's In A Zone Productions, so while we can’t say anything right now, aligning yourself with this camp is definitely a position that you want to be in.

If you’re serious about getting into the game, this is an opportunity that you can’t pass up! In keeping with the “8 Days Of Christmas” theme, the contest will end on January 1st, 2008 at 12:00 AM PST – 12 days from now. You’re gonna have to get it in gear to get this track done, but we have faith in you! The winner will be announced right here on Dubcnn on January 3rd. Good luck!

From everyone at Dubcnn and Meech Wells: Happy Holidays!

All you up and coming artists better get started ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:11:57 AM by Eddie - R.I.P. Pimp C »

Blu Lacez

That's pretty dope Eddie!!
Hey I'm into mastering,so if any or u artist are done with ur tracks, holla at me and I'll master if for the Mixtape-that's if Dubcnn & Meech Wells r cool with It??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The track they're recording to the Nite Locs instrumental isn't going to be on the mixtape.  It's just to show their talent so Meech can review it.  Thanks for the offer though Blu!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:31:35 PM by Eddie - R.I.P. Pimp C »

Blu Lacez

^Oh Right,I gotcha!!

no problem!!!!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Whoops, let me clarify that even further.  The winner WILL get to be on a track on the mixtape, but it will be a new track that they record in person with Meech Wells during a studio session!  What won't make the cut is the Nite Locs re-do that they're recording to enter the contest with.

Blu Lacez

Whoops, let me clarify that even further.  The winner WILL get to be on a track on the mixtape, but it will be a new track that they record in person with Meech Wells during a studio session!  What won't make the cut is the Nite Locs re-do that they're recording to enter the contest with.
Whoa!!
That's Pretty Cool!!!!!

Hope It Works out well!!

Derika Deane

• Lil Geezy
  • "The I.E's Finest"
;D What a dope idea! Its gives all of these lesser known and up and coming artist a chance to work with a Multi Platinum producer and get their shine on!!! Everybody who is anybody or ever wants to be anybody should jump at this chance! I'm sure Meech has a waiting list of people trying to get down with him!!! As a matter of fact I know a few established artist who should try and holla as well and show what they are working with and try and rebuild themselves and their reputations. I cant wait to hear the finished project!!! I'm sure it will be another Meech Wells banger!!! He comes with nothing but heat! Happy Holidays....West West!!!!
"I carry that name and that title!!!" Don't hate get down with the team!

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
My Heat Goes Boom (instrumental) or Hoodtraps(instrumental) = perfect Christmas  present

Meech, can you give us any of these ?

MEECH WELLS

My Heat Goes Boom (instrumental) or Hoodtraps(instrumental) = perfect Christmas  present

Meech, can you give us any of these ?
dont hav those instrumentals but thts a good idea homie! its gonna be more contest and classic tracks spit over in the future
NEW WEST HONCHO

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
good news

smegma

Nice. I'll spit some hot rhymes over this beat 8)

TheLostAngelCrew.COM

• Lil Geezy
  • Latin Thug/Koch
wheres the download linkat??

WWW.THELOSTANGELCREW.COM

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
anybody starting on their song yet in here?

smegma

anybody starting on their song yet in here?

I've written 40 bars so far.