Author Topic: Your favorite rappers through the years and why...  (Read 160 times)

infinite59

Your favorite rappers through the years and why...
« on: June 28, 2001, 04:43:05 AM »
Snoop- from 12 to age 15.  93-97.  Listening to Snoop boosted my confidence and gave me a sort of deep cool, which was perfect for the time when I first started realizing the chemistry between boys and girls.  Then after he dropped the Doggfather, I found out that he was human, and that even my most favorite rappers could drop wack shit.

2pac- age 15 to 17.  97-99 After the big letdown with the Doggfather album.  I had one favorite mc I knew would never go wack, 2pac. Because he was dead. This was also the worst time of my life.  I was searching for answers to why life had done me like it did, why I was dealt the hand I was dealt, and I sure as hell wasn't getting any answers at home or in school and I'd isolate myself and listen to 2pac, it got me through alot of hard times.

Eminem- age 17 to present- In 99 after the release of the Slim Shady LP I finally began opening myself up again after a couple years of isolation.  I had a favorite rapper who lived a lifestyle more closely to my own.  He was a white hip-hop head, who felt betrayed by his own mother, and hated the girl he loved. (Kim) Since I listened heavily to hip-hop, I always dealt with people saying "Your not black" well here was a white guy who I felt was iller than any black rapper out there.  I started expressing myself more, freestyling and writing my own material.  

Trauma-san

Re: Your favorite rappers through the years and wh
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2001, 06:21:12 AM »
Snoop, '92-01 - because He's Real, LOL.... For A Few Years, I Got Out Of it, Right Before The "Da Game" Album Dropped, But I Got Back Into Him About Then, Bought Everything He's Touched Since.  To Me He Seems Like He Gets an Unfair Shake, Most Of His Stuff Is Pretty Tight. I Was Listening To No Limit Topp Dogg Yesterday, Thinking "DAMN, People Just Ignored This Shit, And It's Dope"...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Mr G-Thang

• Lil Geezy
  • Deathrow is Bitches
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2001, 06:36:33 AM »
92-01 Dre, the nigga deserves mad respect and is the reason why I even started listenin to rap

92-01 Snoop, came with Dre and made the game flip,

92-94 Ice-Cube, haha, I even wore the same shirts as Cube to look cool

00-01 Ren, never gave a fuck about Ren until he hooked up with Dre again, and damn this mc drops dope shit

92-01 Nate Dogg, the reason why I bought MWTC sound track, always dope, ain't maybe a rapper but still great

93-01 Warren G - never got the respect he deserved, his last album includes some of the dopest rhymes I've ever heard, maybe not lyrically but they are spit correct

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2001, 06:38:45 AM »
Just Gotta Add My 2 And Agree That Warren's Last Album Was Classic.

Joachim

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2001, 08:28:40 AM »
Phife Dawg-90-now, i first heard Phife on my bro's copy of Peoples Instinctive travels and ever since hes been my favourite emcee, he got mad skills and he comes correct every time. He was better with Tip, they kind of completed each other, but now he got Fudge.

Cypress Hill-91-00- Gone off them recently their last few releases were weak at best, but tha Hill been singin my song since 91 'I want to get hhhhhiiiiiggggghhhh so hhhhhiiiiiiggggghhhh'

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2001, 08:55:02 AM »

Snoop, '92-01 - because He's Real, I Bought Everything He's Touched Since.  To Me He Seems Like He Gets an Unfair Shake, Most Of His Stuff Is Pretty Tight. I Was Listening To No Limit Topp Dogg Yesterday, Thinking "DAMN, People Just Ignored This Shit, And It's Dope"...

AH AH  U KNOW HOW WE DO ,, KEEPIN IT REAL DOGG... I MEAN SNOOP DOGG FO THA SAME REASONS 8)

-SLICKK
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
 MC Hammer '93 - '01..... once you get those dance steps down.... you get all tha bitches ;)

Oh and I said 93 - 01..... I still be gettin down (Hammer Time!)

Cypress Hill "I Wanna Get High"..... well it's tha funkalistic, tha blunt i twist it.....

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

TheSheriff

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2001, 10:15:16 AM »
Tupac - FOREVER...He just inspires me to keep going, through all the hard times...

Eminem - '97-'99, '01...Not my hero or nuttin, but on SSLP, he rocked me, same on Infinite...

Eazy E - '93-'01...Eazy 4ever...An old idol of mine...I was a bit taken aback when he died, but couldn't really be too smashed, was too young...

Ice Cube - Was my hero...'93(when I first really got into rap)-'96 or so. Sold out...Now the bitch is a muthafuckin hoodrat.

Onyx - I forget, but still down for 'em...Sticky and Fredro got sooo much beautiful meaning and shit...

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2001, 12:13:06 PM »
2Pac 96-present: Once I heard All Eyez on Me that was it.

Ice Cube 92-present: Even as a youngin when I first heard Amerikka's Most Wanted I was amazed.

Snoop 92-present: When I first heard Nuthin But A G Thang I liked Snoop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2001, 12:13:33 PM »
Ren, never gave a fuck about Ren until he hooked up with Dre again, and damn this mc drops dope shit

ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL!!

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2001, 12:21:19 PM »
Ren, never gave a fuck about Ren until he hooked up with Dre again, and damn this mc drops dope shit

ALWAYS HAS ALWAYS WILL!!

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2001, 12:27:19 PM »
2Pac - The Best MC Ever. This Nigga Made You Feel What He Was Talking About. Ever Since I Heard Digital Underground's Track "Same Song" I Was A Fan Of 2Pac. And When I Saw Pac's Video For "Brenda's Got A Baby" On Yo! MTV Raps In '91 I Told My Mom To Go Buy Pac's Debut Album For Me The Next Day [I Was Young With No Money]. And After That I Followed His Career Til The Present Date. Copped All His Albums And Watched All His Movies. This Rapper Had The Biggest Impact On My Life.

Ice Cube - Ever Since My Big Bro Bought N.W.A. And The Posse In The 80's I've Been A Fan Of This Nigga. While I Was Listenin' To LL Cool J My Bro Was Listenin' To N.W.A. I Switched From "I Need Love" To "Fuck The Police". After That I Copped All His Albums And Also Watched All His Movies.

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Now This Nigga Blew Me Away When I First Heard His Shit On Rap City With Dr. Dre. "Yeah And Ya Don't Stop/Cause It's 187 On An Undercover Cop" Will Forever Be My Favorite Hook. Snoop Was From My City Long Beach And I Was So Proud To Be From The 310/562 After That Nigga Came Out. I Started Sportin' Flannel Shirts Instead Of White T-Shirts When The "What's My Name" Video Came Out. And I Traded My High Tops For Chucks. I Copped Every Single Snoop Album Even Though I Didn't Like Some Of Them.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2001, 03:04:14 PM »
Eazy E - 8-10

2Pac - 10-11

BIG - 11-12

Eminem - 12-13

xzibit - 13- Present (i love Xzibit, I'm probly his biggest fan...He is so damn ill....He will never stop being my favorite, unless he drops a REAL whack album)...

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2001, 03:15:38 PM »

. And I Traded My High Tops For Chucks.

do u still got some??? i don't know but i didn't find none ,,,kind of crazy but it's true..no chuck buckles dawm

-slickk  8)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2001, 03:16:28 PM »
ummm i have alot of faves heres my long ass list:

dr. dre- ummm from 88 -present  (3-16) i grew up with his shit from all my older relatives bumping that old nwa stuff and just have always loved it

2pac- 95-until the end of time (10-til i die) i kept seeing him on tv and i thought he was slick rick for some reason,lol, hey i was 10 then i heard his song Temptations and i thought it was the bomb so i bought Me Against the world then i bought all eyez on me the first day it came out and have been hooked ever since

snoop-92-present (7-16) i got the chronic for christmas when i was 7 and thought he was the best thing since ninja turtlesd,lol and have loved the dudes music ever since (with the exception of doggfather)

xzibit-98-present (13-16) i saw his video for "what u see is what u get" back in 98 and i just fell in love with the song i didn't get the album til a year and a half later until i saw the video for bitch please, cuz i just thought he might only have that one good song but he's been on point on every album i've heard him on and is one of my all time faves

nwa-89-01 like i said i grew up with this music and have always loved it

outkast-96-01 , i saw their videos for elevators and ATLiens back in the day and just been hooked ever since

kurupt- 92-96, 99-01, i loved kurupt back in the day but then he just disappeared for a year then in 98 he dropped a whack ass album and then in 99 dropped Streetz iz a mutha and i'm a beleilver again

ice cube-89-01 man cube is the man he's always on point and has always given me entertainment with every album and movie , one of the all time greatests no doubt

warren g-94-01 i use to think he was snoop's lil brother cuz he sounded just like snoop and they were both from the LBC and heard he was someone's lil bro but anyways i was a g-funk fanatic back in the day and of corse i bought warren's first record the day it came out and loved it

eminem- 99-01, i dunno lil white girls might like him and he might be commercial as commercial gets but he's talented and is always entertaining me and is always doing somthing different than anyone else in the rap game which i respect alot

mc ren-  89-01 , i use to dress in all black just like him until people started calling me a gothic third grader, but besides that he's just always been a dude i've anticipated his line on , on any of his cd's or guest spots

eazy-89-94 he was my first favorite rapper and he always made me laugh then i dunno i lost interest right before he died but i was sad as hell when he went

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09