Author Topic: I just jailbroke my iPhone !!!  (Read 764 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: I just jailbroke my iPhone !!!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
What got deleted? and for what reason?

No reason was given for deleting about 10 posts with Diplomatic Immunity and I going back and forth regarding the iPhone... the entire 2nd page of this thread had a bunch of screenshots we had posted and we were discussing iPhone software.

Mods... what's the deal?

UPDATE:  The posts have been resurrected... thank you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:58:16 PM by Ozir »

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
Yes, there will be a standard way on installing applications but at what price :(

The SDK will not tell people how to hack the iPhone.  Apple will hire private software companies to do all the third party applications for them.  Apple wants total control and to charge you for every little thing like the Nintendo Wii charging you for games you already bought :grumpy: charging for a web browser, wtf makes me sick.

It's true that the SDK will not tell people how to hack the iPhone, but it will allow 3rd party developers to build apps for the phone.  I think it will become just like another OS that people make apps for.  Just like Adobe makes Photoshop for Windows and OS X, with the SDK, Adobe will be able to build apps for the iPhone.  The freeware and shareware community should be able to make tons of apps (just like they are doing now through the "jailbreak") that I think will be easily installed without having to "jailbreak" first.

NOTE:  Thank you to whomever brought the deleted posts back.  Peace  8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:56:46 PM by Ozir »

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »
Yes, there will be a standard way on installing applications but at what price :(

The SDK will not tell people how to hack the iPhone.  Apple will hire private software companies to do all the third party applications for them.  Apple wants total control and to charge you for every little thing like the Nintendo Wii charging you for games you already bought :grumpy: charging for a web browser, wtf makes me sick.

It's true that the SDK will not tell people how to hack the iPhone, but it will allow 3rd party developers to build apps for the phone.  I think it will become just like another OS that people make apps for.  Just like Adobe makes Photoshop for Windows and OS X, with the SDK, Adobe will be able to build apps for the iPhone.  The freeware and shareware community should be able to make tons of apps (just like they are doing now through the "jailbreak") that I think will be easily installed without having to "jailbreak" first.

Read above, there will be an Apple private key. No more Root & Dottie/Alpine.

They want to charge for everything, there's not gonna be a jailbreak for a long time.
Hopefully some1 leaks it somehow.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 09:53:34 AM »

Read above, there will be an Apple private key. No more Root & Dottie/Alpine.

They want to charge for everything, there's not gonna be a jailbreak for a long time.
Hopefully some1 leaks it somehow.

The key they are talking about is the firmware key... not the 3rd party software key.  You need to have the firmware key in order to create and install new firmware updates to the phone (i.e. 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, etc.).  They are basically saying that the photos and video of the 1.1.3 update they are showing are legit (not a hoax) because only Apple knows the firmware key.

Many of you would be wondering how this could have happened, knowing the extremely tight security around the iPhone firmware updates. We don't know, but apparently the leak has occurred because "someone wanted to help the unlock effort." The source of the leak is completely anonymous, even to the people who have had access to the upgrade.

^ Whomever leaked it at Apple is trying to help out the hackers by giving them more time (a "heads up") to work on "jailbreaking" and "unlocking" it.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
I see.

I was jumping to conclusions :cow: reading too much crap, I thought they were gonna key the root files.