Author Topic: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.  (Read 1860 times)

Al Bundy

Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« on: December 22, 2007, 02:58:57 PM »
I'll go against the grain for this one but seriously:

2Pac can't turn water to wine

2pac can't turn a shit salad into a chicken salad

2pac can't "save hip-hop"

2pac can't end global warming

The unbelievable dick riding by fans from here to Romania is disgusting. Don't get shit twisted, he was talented and had alot of dope songs but some people treat his shit like he's the reincarnate of jesus. IMO there are so many other artists i'd rather listen to new or old. I'm not scared to say that I rarely ever listen to 2Pac anymore compared to when I first got into his shit (no homo) he'd have constant rotation. I don't give a fuck less when a new song leaks that's surrounded by drama and bullshit. I'm tired of you euro-thugs sucking each other dicks downplaying other artists just for a dead dude you'll never meet.

A good comparison I remember that someone posted on the net a long time ago was that if you switch Ice Cube with 2Pac with who died in 1996, would you still think 2Pac would of been the greatest rapper of all time? Probably not. I think alot of us can agree Ice Cube's more recent material isn't classic but not horrible. 2Pac would of probably went down in quality (every artist does and if you don't agree you're living in a fantasy world). I'm tired of because a rapper dies, he's automatically the illest ever and on a list of best rappers ever. What is going to happen when Nelly dies. Is he going to be on your list?

Aite enough of my stoned rant. peace
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 03:12:49 PM by Al Bundy (no homo) »

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Inconvient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »
all i've got to say is that 2pac is the best all-around rapper i've ever heard

and pac found a way to rap over any type of beat.  VERY versitile.

anyone who calls him over-rated is smoking rocks.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »
The unbelievable dick riding by fans from here to Romania is disgusting. I'm tired of you euro-thugs sucking each other dicks downplaying other artists just for a dead dude you'll never meet.
LMAO at that :D

honestly though, i DO agree for the most part. Pac ain't the best ever, Cube & Face are my top 2. Ofcourse Pac is dope as fuck, and definitely in the top 5-10 all time, hands down. But he ain't touchin cube or face, shit throw Nas on that list. So Pac would probably come anywhere from 4-8 for me.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »

Best all around? Break down how you think he's dope on the mic. He has that "you can feel me" shit going on but lyrically how the fuck is he seeing alot of other rappers?

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
I think one quality Pac had on the mic that a lot of other great rappers don't have (and in my mind, the reason ppl call him the GOAT) was his mic presence. Still ain't touchin Cube, Face, Nas tho ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »
inconvenient, or inconvient?

but anyways, yes he is overrated. still a good artist regardless, but like you said, i myself havent bumped a Pac song in years, like yeah i'll hear it when i go places, but i would never pop one of his cds into my car or stereo.

same applies for Death Row, havent listened to chronic in years, dogg food, any of the other stuff. Doggystyle still gets play sometimes, but barely as well..

im not disputing the fact that they are hip hop classics,  but in the grand scheme of music, theres so much more out there thats better.

~Lucien~

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
yup... 2pac is the most overrated rapper ever
controversy and his death made him what he is now
a legend

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 03:08:49 PM »
I hardly listen to Pac anymore and I don't really care what others think, but IMO, he's the best who ever touched a mic.

kemizt

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »
2 pac was a poet.

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 03:12:30 PM »
inconvenient, or inconvient?

but anyways, yes he is overrated. still a good artist regardless, but like you said, i myself havent bumped a Pac song in years, like yeah i'll hear it when i go places, but i would never pop one of his cds into my car or stereo.

same applies for Death Row, havent listened to chronic in years, dogg food, any of the other stuff. Doggystyle still gets play sometimes, but barely as well..

im not disputing the fact that they are hip hop classics,  but in the grand scheme of music, theres so much more out there thats better.

i'm stoned. i usually am very proficient in spelling but fuck it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »
I hardly listen to Pac anymore and I don't really care what others think, but IMO, he's the best who ever touched a mic.

Which is cool cuz you know it's your opinion. But once you stop respecting other peoples opinions, it's a problem.

Okka

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »
he is overrated. still a good artist regardless

jbel1021

Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 03:19:26 PM »
Overrated? Look at his record sales when he was still alive. Pac was one of a kind on the mic and spoke in his lyrics. The thing that makes him overrated is his death. Big L and Biggie died too and they're not even recognized as much as Pac. Pac was an icon and still is. He influenced a lot of rappers in this day and age. He wasn't the greatest lyricist by any means, but he wrote the deepest songs of any rapper. Personally, I know where ur coming from. I hardly listen to 2Pac tracks, unless there's an OG version that I haven't heard. There's too much out there already to listen to. I just miss those Death Row days and all that shit. I still wish that 2Pac didn't get shot and that he'd still be here doing movies and shit. He was unique and affected the artists that he worked with.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »

Best all around? Break down how you think he's dope on the mic. He has that "you can feel me" shit going on but lyrically how the fuck is he seeing alot of other rappers?

pac spoke from the heart, and had a dope was of using his rhymes

do i think he uesd "nigga" and "trigga" too much? sure

but me against the world and 2pacalypse now are 2 of the best ever lyrical albums.  especially MATW because he was dealing with so much crap.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blood$

Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »
2Pac is my personal favorite rapper of all time  8)