Author Topic: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.  (Read 1865 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »
^^You're right on Sanford. He was great, but everybody elevated his status after his death. All of the "Makaveli" and resurrection talks made it seem eerie, and he was marketed like he was on the level of a prophet. If Pac and B.I.G. didn't die, who knows what would have happened? Since they did, everyone says they are the best ever. Mac Dre was big, but became the face of the Bay only after he died, the list goes on about how death adds some mystique to what they did when they are alive.

As far as the drug dealing and being a thug, way too many rappers talk about that. A lot of his rhymes about that weren't advocating it, but he contradicted himself. As for the "rape", he was charged for "sexual abuse" with a girl who already admitted getting with him, and was seen giving him head at a club before the incident. Definitely a sketchy case, but people don't determine the best musicians or artists based on their personalities.
I got a bird's eye view

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:34 PM »
What about the dudes that followed Pac when he was alive?
trust me bro some of exist.

Death didn't make pac better, just made people pay attention.
And BIG is still better than 99% of the bullshit that is called rap today.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2007, 09:40:09 PM »
^^I didn't mean to say that they weren't great or had no following, they were the 2 biggest at the time, and they had their rivalry. My point was that their careers didn't decline like several other artists, and also the way people saw it because of the news. I just think that their deaths pushed them to another status to where people worship their music, or started to follow just because of that.

Death didn't make pac better, just made people pay attention.
And BIG is still better than 99% of the bullshit that is called rap today.
Real talk
I got a bird's eye view

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »
the only way pacs career could decline if is they started putting out corny-ass watered down remixes with lame "flavor of the month" rappers featured on the tracks

oh wait.... :-\ :-X :'(
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mr. Crown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
Pac is basically the James Dean of hip hop, and by that I mean he'll always get more props than he's probably due from those that love him and less than he's due from those who don't dig him. Now, as an mc he wouldn't rank in my top 50 (the top spot is held by nas & face), but I do have his entire catalog that wasn't released posthumously and I do respect him and his incredible work ethic.
<------- The Playboyz Coming 2008

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2007, 10:52:31 PM »
Pac is basically the James Dean of hip hop, and by that I mean he'll always get more props than he's probably due from those that love him and less than he's due from those who don't dig him. Now, as an mc he wouldn't rank in my top 50 (the top spot is held by nas & face), but I do have his entire catalog that wasn't released posthumously and I do respect him and his incredible work ethic.

go cop R U Still Down, that shits fire.  and no shit remixes either.  alotta OG and OG Vibes too.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

TrixR4Kids

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:54 PM »
"2pac is overated to hell and back"

Hey do you guys smoke rock?

I got it 2 for 5. Holla at your boy.
"Watch rappers combat. I create headaches"

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »
Trauma, I've been reading the dubcc forums since 2002. You're the dumbest and most ignorant poster on this forum so far.

You suck at life.

Inside Death Row

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2007, 02:32:59 AM »
Trauma, I've been reading the dubcc forums since 2002. You're the dumbest and most ignorant poster on this forum so far.

You suck at life.

I haven't been on here that long but to me this is just another case of someone trying to talk shit just for the fuck of it. I've been reading his posts in this thread and IMO they don't hold any ground whatsoever.

Hey Trauma you think Pac was a rapist how about Snoop, R. Kelly, Michael Jackson, Mystikal? Oh oh what just because a jury convicted Pac means he was really guilty?? LOL c'mon now that's a joke in itself right there, how credible is that when a jury in the US convicts a black "gangsta" rap artist in the mid 90's? You keep on rambling about that rape accusation but to me that doesn't mean shit, now ofcourse I don't know the full story (hell noone does except for the people that were there) but to me when some girl accuses some high profile entertainer/artist of rape... well... I'm usually a l-i-t-t-l-e bit skeptic about things like that.

And you're talking about Pac glorifying the thug life style and everything that comes with it? Hello and welcome to a form of music we call rap. Now I'm not saying that the gangster image is something positive or a necessity but it's there and that's that period. Calling women bitches, glorifying violence/guns/the mafia image, doing drugs etc etc yep 2Pac did that. ...And so did the other thousands of rappers that have been doing the same thing for over two decades now. Damn you must not have alotta artists you can listen to do you even listen to rap at all?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading your posts cause some of the things you said are so outrageously stupid they become funny, but then again they're so stupid and ignorant it shows that you're completey missing the point.

When you say Fuck 2Pac, backing it up with the statements you made, you might aswell say Fuck Rap.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2007, 03:54:05 AM »
^^ word.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2007, 08:50:06 AM »

You suck at life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

co-sign!

Al Bundy

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2007, 08:50:58 AM »
I totally do not agree with Trauma. I think 2Pac is a dope rapper but gets treated like Jesus which I got a problem with.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »
I totally do not agree with Trauma. I think 2Pac is a dope rapper but gets treated like Jesus which I got a problem with.

well he did make a song aclled "Black jesus" ;)

MediumL

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2007, 10:44:45 AM »
Nah he ain't Jesus or whatever but he was one of the best rappers alive. He was a MC that rapped for his people and was a leader even when he didn't always do the best thing. I'd definately have him in my top 5 cause his presence and he had true poetry in many of his songs. He made more classic songs than most artists i can think of. Saying that i've never been a huge fan of Pac albums but then again All Eyes On Me was overated like Life After Death due to their deaths.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2007, 10:48:26 AM »
Nah he ain't Jesus or whatever but he was one of the best rappers alive. He was a MC that rapped for his people and was a leader even when he didn't always do the best thing. I'd definately have him in my top 5 cause his presence and he had true poetry in many of his songs. He made more classic songs than most artists i can think of. Saying that i've never been a huge fan of Pac albums but then again All Eyes On Me was overated like Life After Death due to their deaths.

AEOM is kinda over-rated compared to his other work but he was alive when it came out

and LAD yes that was over-rated but it woudlve been a one disc classic