Author Topic: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.  (Read 1861 times)

dclee

Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
I love him, but yeah definitely overrated by certain people.

2pac stans =  ::)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Inconvient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »
I hardly listen to Pac anymore and I don't really care what others think, but IMO, he's the best who ever touched a mic.

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »
i agree with bundy.. he his overrated.. hes was a goodf rapper and i like his old records but i think there is better rappers than him..

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
sure he can be overrated but when it comes down to it he's a dope rapper

not my favorite rapper but I like him on everything, never came wack

I would definitely agree he is "one" of the best to ever rap but nobody's the best

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
Opinions are like Assholes we all have one.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
In my opinion Greates rapper can be debated forever. Its lke great athletes and great teams. We cant judge em because of different ears.

Music evolves. Are the Beattles the greatest? Why if you compare them to the most basic rock group out now this group can probbaly play circles around the beattles. Different era different ways to analyse

With that said Tupac was tight on the mic, had charisma to the year 3000 and had deep lyrcis.

You cant compare him to straight up lyrcial dudes. Some people like that lyrcial shit , me it bores me it as no flava, no charisma imo. Its very very taleted but not for me

Its all a matter of opinion but we can all agree he is part of a group that will be known as the best ever.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:09:55 PM by Montreal, ma Ville »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »

You cant compare him to straight up lyrcial dudes. Some people like that lyrcial shit , me it bores me it as no flava, no charisma imo. Its very very taleted but not for me

Its all a matter of opinion but we can all agree he is part of a group that will be known as the best ever.

agreed.  2pac and canibus don't compare very well, but both are great at different things.  both dope emcees.

but 2pac's the best though.  lol.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ThaPrince

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 04:26:06 PM »
personaly I don't think he's overrated. the greatest rapper of all time? I don't know if we can say that there is one GOAT. it depend of what we are talking, the lyrics, the flow, the sales, the impact in culture...but one thing is sure Tupac is the most charismatic MC who as touched a mic.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 04:46:45 PM »

agreed.  2pac and canibus don't compare very well, but both are great at different things.  both dope emcees.

Hey lyrcily Canibus was great but i mean he dint realy bring the charisma, emotion and liryc content to make him memorable as a all around rapper.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »

Hey lyrcily Canibus was great but i mean he dint realy bring the charisma, emotion and liryc content to make him memorable as a all around rapper.

hows crooked i?  or technique?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »
Opinions are like Assholes we all have one.
8)

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »
i respect everyone else's opinions but IMO he was the greatest because he could make great songs of any kind gangsta, bitchez, a message and make everyone listen to them. He wasnt the most lyrical but he could do anything alot of ppl i know love the song changes but other artists who make a message song they wont even touch and to me thats why he was the greatest...hes not my favorite mc tho ahah

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »
i respect everyone else's opinions but IMO he was the greatest because he could make great songs of any kind gangsta, bitchez, a message and make everyone listen to them. He wasnt the most lyrical but he could do anything alot of ppl i know love the song changes but other artists who make a message song they wont even touch and to me thats why he was the greatest...hes not my favorite mc tho ahah
sporty whats with that dudes teeth

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »
I'll go against the grain for this one but seriously:

2Pac can't turn water to wine

2pac can't turn a shit salad into a chicken salad

2pac can't "save hip-hop"

2pac can't end global warming

The unbelievable dick riding by fans from here to Romania is disgusting. Don't get shit twisted, he was talented and had alot of dope songs but some people treat his shit like he's the reincarnate of jesus. IMO there are so many other artists i'd rather listen to new or old. I'm not scared to say that I rarely ever listen to 2Pac anymore compared to when I first got into his shit (no homo) he'd have constant rotation. I don't give a fuck less when a new song leaks that's surrounded by drama and bullshit. I'm tired of you euro-thugs sucking each other dicks downplaying other artists just for a dead dude you'll never meet.

A good comparison I remember that someone posted on the net a long time ago was that if you switch Ice Cube with 2Pac with who died in 1996, would you still think 2Pac would of been the greatest rapper of all time? Probably not. I think alot of us can agree Ice Cube's more recent material isn't classic but not horrible. 2Pac would of probably went down in quality (every artist does and if you don't agree you're living in a fantasy world). I'm tired of because a rapper dies, he's automatically the illest ever and on a list of best rappers ever. What is going to happen when Nelly dies. Is he going to be on your list?

Aite enough of my stoned rant. peace

true true

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 10:30:31 PM »
Ice Cube is one of my favorite rappers of all time, but i think overall 2Pac was a lil better.. hes made way 2 many dope albums in his short rap career, even though Cube also has.. my opinion is that 2Pac and Ice Cube are the greatest rappers ever