Author Topic: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.  (Read 1843 times)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 01:36:03 AM »
to be honest i dont even compare other hiphop artists with pac, to me 2pacs music was on a whole nother level, just like the biggest artists in other genres, like marvin gaye, bob marley, louis armstrong etc.

to me its not about battlin lyrics, or multiples or metaphores and shit, its about makin good songs u can relate to, if its good it dont matter if its hiphop, rock, heavy metal or soul..

i listened to pac so much trough the years, while partyin, mourning, chillin/smokin..we will never see another hiphop artist like him

rip pac

bigpimpin20

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 03:28:07 AM »
Im sure that if Pac died in the firts shootin in NY shit would go different way, he wouldnt be so recognized in the world

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 03:31:27 AM »
In my opinion Greates rapper can be debated forever. Its lke great athletes and great teams. We cant judge em because of different ears.

Music evolves. Are the Beattles the greatest? Why if you compare them to the most basic rock group out now this group can probbaly play circles around the beattles. Different era different ways to analyse

With that said Tupac was tight on the mic, had charisma to the year 3000 and had deep lyrcis.

You cant compare him to straight up lyrcial dudes. Some people like that lyrcial shit , me it bores me it as no flava, no charisma imo. Its very very taleted but not for me

Its all a matter of opinion but we can all agree he is part of a group that will be known as the best ever.

And that's really what it boils down to.

Fact is...for every person who says Pac is NOT the greatest...have them mention who they think the greatest is...and I guarantee that more people will object to whoever their choice is than to 2Pac as the best ever.

It's nearly impossible to say who the best basketball player is. 90% of the world will say Jordan, and the basis is that he has the stats, money, endorsements, and rings to prove it...so it's harder to argue. For those who think Kobe is better, they have their argument, but Jordan's stats and legacy will always be greater. However...it's even harder to compare rappers, because the only quantitative numbers we can really use are sales, whether it's album sales, concert sales, or clothing/poster/collector's items....and those aren't solid enough for us to really prove anything.

Everybody has compeltely different taste, and we all judge rappers for different things. It's people who honestly, deep in their heart, believe that Pac sucks as a rapper, Dre sucks as a producer, Jay sucks as a rapper, Lil Boosie is the best rapper ever, Lil Wayne is more of a legend than Rakim, and Soulja Boy is a better producer than Quik. And as much as we may call some of these people idiots, it's not many ways to really prove them wrong....so fuck it, let em have it!

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Inconvient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2007, 04:29:13 AM »
all i've got to say is that 2pac is the best all-around rapper i've ever heard

and pac found a way to rap over any type of beat.  VERY versitile.

anyone who calls him over-rated is smoking rocks.

true

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2007, 05:05:49 AM »
Yeah, I always thought he was overrated too.  Plus, on a personal level, the guy went to prison for RAPE and liked to talk shit about anybody, including Dre who gave him the biggest single of his career (Cali love), and Biggie who was such a good friend he let him sleep at his place when he was homeless and gave him money for verses when Pac was broke. 

Pac had the maturity level of Daz Dillinger with his music.  IMO B.I.G. was better lyrically @ his flow smoked Pac's.  Pac had more albums though and a better work ethic making 3 songs a day or whatever. 

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2007, 05:43:00 AM »
Plus, on a personal level, the guy went to prison for RAPE and liked to talk shit about anybody, including Dre who gave him the biggest single of his career (Cali love), and Biggie who was such a good friend he let him sleep at his place when he was homeless and gave him money for verses when Pac was broke. 

???

The subject is about Pac's music and his abilities on the mic not his personal life.

Plus, if you wanna go there, just because he went to prison doesn't really mean he was guilty and what rapper you know doesn't like to talk shit. Now I could give a flying fuck that he talked shit about Dre, mind you I think Pac would have done fine without Cali Love, and I'm sure Pac did BIG alotta favours too-so what they were friends that's what friends do.

My two cents on all of this:

If you think Pac is the GOAT then that's fine but don't overdo it, he's my favourite too but I'm not acting like he's the reincarnation of Christ or whatever, it's okay to be an artist's number one fan but there's a difference between being a fan or a stan.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

smegma

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2007, 05:43:36 AM »
Any artist that is seen as the reincarnation of Jesus is overrated.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »
Plus, on a personal level, the guy went to prison for RAPE and liked to talk shit about anybody, including Dre who gave him the biggest single of his career (Cali love), and Biggie who was such a good friend he let him sleep at his place when he was homeless and gave him money for verses when Pac was broke. 

???

The subject is about Pac's music and his abilities on the mic not his personal life.

Plus, if you wanna go there, just because he went to prison doesn't really mean he was guilty and what rapper you know doesn't like to talk shit. Now I could give a flying fuck that he talked shit about Dre, mind you I think Pac would have done fine without Cali Love, and I'm sure Pac did BIG alotta favours too-so what they were friends that's what friends do.

My two cents on all of this:

If you think Pac is the GOAT then that's fine but don't overdo it, he's my favourite too but I'm not acting like he's the reincarnation of Christ or whatever, it's okay to be an artist's number one fan but there's a difference between being a fan or a stan.

Real talk

kemizt

jbel1021

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 07:55:02 AM »
Any artist that is seen as the reincarnation of Jesus is overrated.

lol

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 12:18:30 PM »
Pretty much every rapper who has died has become overrated. Pac was great but hardly the greatest. He has two albums which I consider classic Me Against the World and Makaveli. Most would say All Eyez On Me but that album was highly overrated. It had classic cuts but overall it was inconsistent. The best part about Pac is his use of emotion, you felt everything he said. For me its Scarface or Ice Cube. Biggie, Pac, and Big L have been overblown because of there deaths. Big L, at least, has the would could have been quality. Biggie thats just a joke. How can you be the greatest after two albums?  Neither of which i would ever purchase, but have listened to.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »
In my opinion Greates rapper can be debated forever. Its lke great athletes and great teams. We cant judge em because of different ears.

Music evolves. Are the Beattles the greatest? Why if you compare them to the most basic rock group out now this group can probbaly play circles around the beattles. Different era different ways to analyse

With that said Tupac was tight on the mic, had charisma to the year 3000 and had deep lyrcis.

You cant compare him to straight up lyrcial dudes. Some people like that lyrcial shit , me it bores me it as no flava, no charisma imo. Its very very taleted but not for me

Its all a matter of opinion but we can all agree he is part of a group that will be known as the best ever.

And that's really what it boils down to.

Fact is...for every person who says Pac is NOT the greatest...have them mention who they think the greatest is...and I guarantee that more people will object to whoever their choice is than to 2Pac as the best ever.

It's nearly impossible to say who the best basketball player is. 90% of the world will say Jordan, and the basis is that he has the stats, money, endorsements, and rings to prove it...so it's harder to argue. For those who think Kobe is better, they have their argument, but Jordan's stats and legacy will always be greater. However...it's even harder to compare rappers, because the only quantitative numbers we can really use are sales, whether it's album sales, concert sales, or clothing/poster/collector's items....and those aren't solid enough for us to really prove anything.

Everybody has compeltely different taste, and we all judge rappers for different things. It's people who honestly, deep in their heart, believe that Pac sucks as a rapper, Dre sucks as a producer, Jay sucks as a rapper, Lil Boosie is the best rapper ever, Lil Wayne is more of a legend than Rakim, and Soulja Boy is a better producer than Quik. And as much as we may call some of these people idiots, it's not many ways to really prove them wrong....so fuck it, let em have it!

I wrote diiferent **ears** instead of *era* lmao

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
i respect everyone else's opinions but IMO he was the greatest because he could make great songs of any kind gangsta, bitchez, a message and make everyone listen to them. He wasnt the most lyrical but he could do anything alot of ppl i know love the song changes but other artists who make a message song they wont even touch and to me thats why he was the greatest...hes not my favorite mc tho ahah
sporty whats with that dudes teeth
wut u mean?

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
Most cats that say Pac was over rated were mostly those that didn't grow up on him.  I honestly didn't ever hear anybody say he was wack when "Strictly.." dropped. He's one of the most versatile MC's ever, he appealed to everyone because he was real.   The vast majority of rappers today completely bit his style and personality.  A lot of you youngins don't realize how unauthentic these new jacks are.

I don't think he's the GOAT, but I do think he's worthy of the praise he gets.

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2007, 12:58:23 PM »
Pretty much every rapper who has died has become overrated. Pac was great but hardly the greatest. He has two albums which I consider classic Me Against the World and Makaveli. Most would say All Eyez On Me but that album was highly overrated. It had classic cuts but overall it was inconsistent. The best part about Pac is his use of emotion, you felt everything he said. For me its Scarface or Ice Cube. Biggie, Pac, and Big L have been overblown because of there deaths. Big L, at least, has the would could have been quality. Biggie thats just a joke. How can you be the greatest after two albums?  Neither of which i would ever purchase, but have listened to.

I think most seen the potential for greatness with Biggie. So most look at the progression of his 2 albums and could only imagine what his next albums would be like. Fair or unfair, that is what most do with his music. Dude was nice on the mic, no question.

Most cats that say Pac was over rated were mostly those that didn't grow up on him.  I honestly didn't ever hear anybody say he was wack when "Strictly.." dropped. He's one of the most versatile MC's ever, he appealed to everyone because he was real.   The vast majority of rappers today completely bit his style and personality.  A lot of you youngins don't realize how unauthentic these new jacks are.

I don't think he's the GOAT, but I do think he's worthy of the praise he gets.

Real talk. I think alot of the older cats that grew up on Pac see alot of the swagger jacking that alot of these artists do with Pac. Even with all the albums he put out before he died, I don't think we saw the best from him. I listen to tracks like Who Do You Believe In, Everything They Owe, and others and he was really starting to diversify his tracks, better emotion, better storytelling. And it's funny, GOAT was not a title Pac was searching for when he was here, but he was more concerned with whether or not you could feel or relate to his music.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »
ambitionz az a ridah is pretty dman lyrical if u ask me people say he isn't lyrical but thats bullshit