Author Topic: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.  (Read 1863 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re: Inconvenient Truth: 2Pac is over rated to hell and back.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
In my opinion Greates rapper can be debated forever. Its lke great athletes and great teams. We cant judge em because of different ears.

Music evolves. Are the Beattles the greatest? Why if you compare them to the most basic rock group out now this group can probbaly play circles around the beattles. Different era different ways to analyse

With that said Tupac was tight on the mic, had charisma to the year 3000 and had deep lyrcis.

You cant compare him to straight up lyrcial dudes. Some people like that lyrcial shit , me it bores me it as no flava, no charisma imo. Its very very taleted but not for me

Its all a matter of opinion but we can all agree he is part of a group that will be known as the best ever.

word.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »
Most cats that say Pac was over rated were mostly those that didn't grow up on him.  I honestly didn't ever hear anybody say he was wack when "Strictly.." dropped. He's one of the most versatile MC's ever, he appealed to everyone because he was real.   The vast majority of rappers today completely bit his style and personality.  A lot of you youngins don't realize how unauthentic these new jacks are.

I don't think he's the GOAT, but I do think he's worthy of the praise he gets.

Real talk. I think alot of the older cats that grew up on Pac see alot of the swagger jacking that alot of these artists do with Pac. Even with all the albums he put out before he died, I don't think we saw the best from him. I listen to tracks like Who Do You Believe In, Everything They Owe, and others and he was really starting to diversify his tracks, better emotion, better storytelling. And it's funny, GOAT was not a title Pac was searching for when he was here, but he was more concerned with whether or not you could feel or relate to his music.

That's definitely true....the first time I ever heard anyone say that cats like Pac and Snoop were overrated was when I started coming on websites like these, back in 2000...and I remember somebody saying "Snoop Dogg is very overrated, he sucks as a lyricist!" and he posted the lyrics to "What's my name" and compared them to some Aesop Rock type shit that was ALL punchlines and multis, and they were like "see, you can't even compare them, Snoop is nowhere near the same level"....and I said damn.....this is the era that rappers are compared on a completely different tip, with flow, personality, charisma, and song making skills are at the bottom of the list.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »
its retarded to say he hes not lyrical...listen to songs on 7 day theory

REDZ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
This Thread is bullshit, who gives a fuk if he overated or not? it aint like da nigga alive to hear ur comments.
Let tha man rest in peace and just move on.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »
Im sure that if Pac died in the firts shootin in NY shit would go different way, he wouldnt be so recognized in the world

well DUH, no all eyez on me, no rape trial, no gridlockd/gang realted movies, no biggie beef

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 01:37:52 AM »
Me Against The World by Tupac Shakur sealed the deal for GOAT.

That album is a hip hop masterpiece.

Inside Death Row

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »
Im not gonna read through everyones posts, but, as far as rap goes, a song like "keep your head up" or "life goes on" are better than 90 % of all rap music, it just touches me the way a great beatles or bob dylan song does, i love biggie, and his flow was rediculous, but lyrically he couldnt touch you the way pac could, (with Juicy he gets close)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
Tupac was versatile all around good emcee. I think a rapper and an emcee are two different things. Anybody can be a rapper but it takes skill to be an emcee

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »
pac was at the top during the 'golden era' of rap for many of us. i think that's why you have a lot of people on here just being nostalgic.

Trauma-san

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2007, 07:47:40 AM »
Im not gonna read through everyones posts, but, as far as rap goes, a song like "keep your head up" or "life goes on" are better than 90 % of all rap music,

Listen to Keep Your Head Up, then listen to "OOh child" by the 5 Stairsteps or whoever did it.  Pac ruins the song, to be honest.  It's just a hot sample. 

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2007, 08:16:14 AM »
2Pac is the greatest, fuck the haters.. I mean FUCK Y'ALL, for real!
I'm drunk at the moment, but I'm serious.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
Im not gonna read through everyones posts, but, as far as rap goes, a song like "keep your head up" or "life goes on" are better than 90 % of all rap music,

Listen to Keep Your Head Up, then listen to "OOh child" by the 5 Stairsteps or whoever did it.  Pac ruins the song, to be honest.  It's just a hot sample. 
its not about the sample,but i could see the original being 100x better, but pacs lyrics and the delivery are amazing.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yes pac ruins it LOL

i must admit i like the Madukey remix of keep ya head up better but still, thats just a rediculous statement.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »
2Pac is my personal favorite rapper of all time  8)

I agree pac was and he will be the best foreva. and i think if Pac wasn't dead he will be still here and make hits!!
Pac was the shit! Is a Legend!!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2007, 10:55:10 AM »
PAc had shit you felt. Some rappers ill be like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that rhymes was innnnnnnnnnsane or ohhh shit dudes got mad punchlines but when i listen to Pac its like ohhhh man i feel what he's saying, hits home.