23 (51.1%)
T.I.
8 (17.8%)
Z-Ro
1 (2.2%)
Other
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Who's The King of The South?  (Read 1148 times)

rayallen0

Who's The King of The South?
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:53:44 PM »
Who's The King of The South?

Lunatic

Re: Who's The King of The South?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »
T.I. clearly. Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time in the south, but even he said Tip is the king. Shit, I can make one LONG ass list of ppl that have said T.I is the king (Face, Trick Daddy, Young Buck, Pimp C, Bun B, Outkast, Lil Scrappy and it just keeps going). Plus the 1 guy who really called out T.I. on it got his music career ended (flip).
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
T.I. clearly. Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time in the south, but even he said Tip is the king. Shit, I can make one LONG ass list of ppl that have said T.I is the king (Face, Trick Daddy, Young Buck, Pimp C, Bun B, Outkast, Lil Scrappy and it just keeps going). Plus the 1 guy who really called out T.I. on it got his music career ended (flip).

If you define "king" as who gets the most Clear Channel radio spins and Viacom owned BET / MTV vids, and who appeals to the teeny bop crowd of 106 & Park then I'd agree with you.

If you define it based on talent, originality, inherent musical genius, and innovation I'd say that mentioning TI is laughable.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
uncle face

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
If you define "king" as who gets the most Clear Channel radio spins and Viacom owned BET / MTV vids, and who appeals to the teeny bop crowd of 106 & Park then I'd agree with you.

If you define it based on talent, originality, inherent musical genius, and innovation I'd say that mentioning TI is laughable.
i knew this thread seemed like bait :D
i ain't gon argue with u no more. u got ur opinion, i got mine.
all i'm sayin is that even among artists when it has been asked T.I. is the usually the answer when ppl ask bout the KOTS. Even scarface said that shit.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »

i knew this thread seemed like bait :D
i ain't gon argue with u no more. u got ur opinion, i got mine.
all i'm sayin is that even among artists when it has been asked T.I. is the usually the answer when ppl ask bout the KOTS. Even scarface said that shit.

But you didn't answer my question - What do YOU base the "king" title on?

You gotta understand when you keep mentioning Face saying that.  I seriously doubt Face sits in his house and bumps big thangs poppin over and over again.  He prolly sees him as a young black man that is having success, which he's going to support regardless.  Also, alot of these rappers saying TI is king see his sales and want a piece of that pie.  They're not going to potentially alienate any TI fan that could potentially buy their cd as well.  It's all about business.

rayallen0

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 05:32:46 PM »
T.I. is actually pretty talented...i mean ya he isn't as good as alot of ppl think but then again he isnt as bad as a lot of ppl think...imo

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
My vote went to Bun B, because hes my favorite rapper in the south and hes just as dope to me now as he was when i first heard UGK.Face is dope but i enjoy listening to bun a lil more.I also think face deserves the "Oficiall King of the South" title.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 06:10:48 PM »
I can see the TI argument. He has been putting in work the past 3-4 years and he has gotten steadily better. Face although he has not put out albums recently at the pace a TI has or a Ludacris, he has been doing this music thing for a LONG LONG TIME. Basically took a hiatus and put out a album that shits on 90% of the music out there. And alot of people also think he is still the king. TI said it and has put in the work, Face lets the fans be the judge of that, he does not search for that title. Ludacris has also put in work.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
Ludacris should most def. be a contender 4 the title
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »

You gotta understand when you keep mentioning Face saying that.  I seriously doubt Face sits in his house and bumps big thangs poppin over and over again.  He prolly sees him as a young black man that is having success, which he's going to support regardless.  Also, alot of these rappers saying TI is king see his sales and want a piece of that pie.  They're not going to potentially alienate any TI fan that could potentially buy their cd as well.  It's all about business.
watch the Beef 3 DVD, T.I. answers you're question perfectly.

I actually would bet that Face heard trap muzik & really liked that album. Face & Tip are homies, that's well known. That is probably why he said it. As you know I am a huge T.I. fan, and could give a fuck if Scrappy says he's the king of the south. No way i'd cop his album off that alone, and if anyone would do that, they deserve to be certified mildly retarded.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »

watch the Beef 3 DVD, T.I. answers you're question perfectly.

I actually would bet that Face heard trap muzik & really liked that album. Face & Tip are homies, that's well known. That is probably why he said it. As you know I am a huge T.I. fan, and could give a fuck if Scrappy says he's the king of the south. No way i'd cop his album off that alone, and if anyone would do that, they deserve to be certified mildly retarded.

So I have to watch the Beef 3 DVD to get YOUR opinion?  How about you explain it for yourself instead of relying on TI to do the thinking for you.  You're completely missing the point.

What is your definition of "King" (for the 3rd time now)

westsiderider323

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
itz a tie between Bun B and Scarface

BG Dresta

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 08:10:59 PM »

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »