23 (51.1%)
T.I.
8 (17.8%)
Z-Ro
1 (2.2%)
Other
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Who's The King of The South?  (Read 1153 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Who's The King of The South?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »
i personally would like to kno what bein "king" means lol. like does it mean ur the best? just run shit? what does it mean rayallen0?!? lol

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »
So I have to watch the Beef 3 DVD to get YOUR opinion?  How about you explain it for yourself instead of relying on TI to do the thinking for you.  You're completely missing the point.

What is your definition of "King" (for the 3rd time now)
everything. rap skills, adversity, record sales, the amount of love you're city shows you, amount of work u put in, never stop workin, the shit u go through to make it to the top.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 10:06:55 PM »
So I have to watch the Beef 3 DVD to get YOUR opinion?  How about you explain it for yourself instead of relying on TI to do the thinking for you.  You're completely missing the point.

What is your definition of "King" (for the 3rd time now)
everything. rap skills, adversity, record sales, the amount of love you're city shows you, amount of work u put in, never stop workin, the shit u go through to make it to the top.

t.i. is a worthy candidate under those standards.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 10:11:21 PM »
'Face is the King of the South like Rakim is the King of NY. In 1991, I'd agree, but it's 2007, and in a week and a half 2008, get over it. TI is the king, Bun B is close, Luda is the closest, and Andre and Big Boi might actually be the top team, but TI is the King. The only platinum rapper from the South, and I'd say the most relevent. So I go TI.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
'Face is the King of the South like Rakim is the King of NY. In 1991, I'd agree, but it's 2007, and in a week and a half 2008, get over it. TI is the king, Bun B is close, Luda is the closest, and Andre and Big Boi might actually be the top team, but TI is the King. The only platinum rapper from the South, and I'd say the most relevent. So I go TI.
M Dogg knows what it is ;)

rayallen0

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »
i personally would like to kno what bein "king" means lol. like does it mean ur the best? just run shit? what does it mean rayallen0?!? lol
  make ur own definition of a king

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 10:32:45 PM »
I would say right now it is TI, but if Scarface starts doing the music thing full time again then I would give the edge to him. Kind of like if Ice Cube drops another solid record I start putting him back in convo with KOTW imo.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
I would say right now it is TI, but if Scarface starts doing the music thing full time again then I would give the edge to him. Kind of like if Ice Cube drops another solid record I start putting him back in convo with KOTW imo.
D also knows what it is ;)

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »

You can't deny the fact that TI has been putting in MAD work on the music tip. Whether people feel Luda or Face or whoever is a better rapper, you can argue that all day but very similar to how Jay-Z said he was the King of NY, TI said and at the least is doing something about it.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 10:56:18 PM »

You can't deny the fact that TI has been putting in MAD work on the music tip. Whether people feel Luda or Face or whoever is a better rapper, you can argue that all day but very similar to how Jay-Z said he was the King of NY, TI said and at the least is doing something about it.
yup, he really is. pharrell said the same shit bout tip

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 11:08:05 PM »
Scarface

CertifiedL

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »
T.I.

MediumL

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 02:47:01 AM »
Ludacris shits on TI. TI is better than most southern rappers but theres loads of rappers i think are better than him. Outkast, Bun B, Scarface etc...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 04:51:08 AM »

Nah, that's just wrong

kemizt

MediumL

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 05:28:50 AM »
Luda and Jeezy did 1mil as well. Plus Ludas sold loads more than TI and had more top ten hits so if we looking at it like that then Ludas king.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>