23 (51.1%)
T.I.
8 (17.8%)
Z-Ro
1 (2.2%)
Other
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Who's The King of The South?  (Read 1156 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Who's The King of The South?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 07:29:49 AM »
Luda and Jeezy did 1mil as well. Plus Ludas sold loads more than TI and had more top ten hits so if we looking at it like that then Ludas king.

well record sales alone dont make you king.

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 08:12:34 AM »
To me it's either Face (old school) or Chamillionaire (from the younger generation). Not a TI fan.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »
t.i

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2007, 08:28:34 AM »
To me it's either Face (old school) or Chamillionaire (from the younger generation). Not a TI fan.

i think chamill is one of the best in the south. but theres a certain "king type" swagger that i dont think he rele has.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2007, 08:30:11 AM »
I'm not really sure who's the king, but Luda is one of the - if not the, most versatile rapper from the dirty dirty

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2007, 08:53:07 AM »
bty y'all, T.I. is the only southern rapper platinum in 2007. Luda  & Jeezy didn't release discs this year.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
I don't see how any new rapper (i.e. T.I., as he's mentioned in this poll) can fuck with Scarface when it comes to the lame "King of the South" title. Does anyone of you guys even know what a king is? :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
I don't see how any new rapper (i.e. T.I., as he's mentioned in this poll) can fuck with Scarface when it comes to the lame "King of the South" title. Does anyone of you guys even know what a king is? :-\
that's you're opinion, but T.I. ain't really "new". 5 albums deep with a 6 on the way already, is not a "new" artist. Shit, Face only has 8 solos that HE released. If it wasn't for the all b.s releases they'd be close in number of solo discs. But Face IS the greatest ever from the south. Like someone said though, he's not active enough as of right now to be called "the king of the south" in 2007.

smegma

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
that's you're opinion, but T.I. ain't really "new". 5 albums deep with a 6 on the way already, is not a "new" artist. Shit, Face only has 8 solos that HE released. If it wasn't for the all b.s releases they'd be close in number of solo discs. But Face IS the greatest ever from the south. Like someone said though, he's not active enough as of right now to be called "the king of the south" in 2007.

YOUR

I don't care how much albums they have released, but I do know that Scarface has been around a lot longer than T.I. and paved a way for T.I.

A real life king is usually king for the biggest part of his life. Having that in mind, for me Scarface has the crown.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 09:06:14 AM »

YOUR

I don't care how much albums they have released, but I do know that Scarface has been around a lot longer than T.I. and paved a way for T.I.

A real life king is usually king for the biggest part of his life. Having that in mind, for me Scarface has the crown.
Not necessarily. All that really means is that Face is the greatest KING of all time, but T.I. is currently holding the crown. Doesn't mean he is a "better" king than face was. But then again this whole "king" talk was never mentioned by anyone until T.I. said he was. And when he said, nobody really called em out on it, therefore making him King in a lot of ppl's minds.

smegma

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 09:07:20 AM »

YOUR

Not necessarily. All that really means is that Face is the greatest KING of all time, but T.I. is currently holding the crown. Doesn't mean he is a "better" king than face was. But then again this whole "king" talk was never mentioned by anyone until T.I. said he was. And when he said, nobody really called em out on it, therefore making him King in a lot of ppl's minds.

read my post again

RootieTooty

• Lil Geezy
  • CAMRON IS GOD!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
Camron

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
How do u define relevant? If thats based on album sales then you might as well still consider MC Hammer the King of the West, i'm almost certain he still has the highest selling album for a westcoast artist. If your talking the combination of lyricist, entrepreneur, album sales,outright talent, and(excluding Scarface-who took himself out of the running) longevity TI can't even see Ludacris. And I am someone who didn't even like Luda when he came out.

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »
Yeah I am a big Luda fan. He has been quiet for a bit since Release Therapy dropped, doing the CEO thing a blazing a couple guest appearance spots. Definitely when he is on his game I put him at the top.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
luda