23 (51.1%)
T.I.
8 (17.8%)
Z-Ro
1 (2.2%)
Other
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Who's The King of The South?  (Read 1149 times)

MediumL

Re: Who's The King of The South?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 01:43:52 PM »
Ludas one of the few new southern acts thats seen as lyrically powerful as an east coast rapper but got as much swagger as a west/southern artist.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
as soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be better to just title it 'who doesn't think Scarface is King of the South?'"

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »
Let's face the facts here.  Scarface has been around since the 80s.  He's not only THE pioneer of Southern hip-hop (along with the rest of The Geto Boys,) he's one of the pioneers of hip-hop, period.  T.I. comes from the next generation of rappers.  There's no way he will ever take the place of an OG like Scarface, whether or not he "claimed" king status.  Face didn't claim it probably because he doesn't give a fuck.  He knows he's the shit, so why bother making claims like that?  That covers the status aspect.

Lyrically, no one from the South is fucking with Face.  In fact, I'd dare say he's still one of the best lyricists out there in all of hip-hop.  Factor in all of the classic albums he's made over the years, and the impact he's had on hip-hop, and he's one of the greatest rappers of all time.  Do you think T.I. will ever be considered a legend like Face is now?  I don't.  I think T.I. is tight, but he's not on the same level as someone like Scarface.

I'd also mention Jermaine Dupri as a "King of the South."

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 11:33:35 PM »
^face don't get the credit he deserve. the most impressive discography in the history of rap (yea i said that shit) ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 11:34:32 PM »
^face don't get the credit he deserve. the most impressive discography in the history of rap (yea i said that shit) ;D
damn, that's a crazy statement!  yeah, i agree.  i think TI is really dope though, and as far as commercial sales, he's definitely on top right now.

rayallen0

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »
to me that belongs to outkast...scarface is just etter than either of those mc's alone tho but
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik-classic
ATLiens-classic
Aquemini-classic
Stankonia-classic
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below-near classic
Idlewild-near classic

smegma

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 11:56:49 PM »
damn, that's a crazy statement!  yeah, i agree.  i think TI is really dope though, and as far as commercial sales, he's definitely on top right now.

I don't agree. If you look at T.I. he has released nearly as much albums as Scarface and all of T.I.'s albums were classics, as opposed to Scarface who has good albums, but they're not all classics. Let's get the facts straight here: if any rapper doesn't get the credit he deserves it's T.I.

Face it!

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 11:58:47 PM »
eddie: yeah man. Face is ridiculously dope & T.I is on top of the south commercial wise
ray allen: i wasn't feelin 3-stacks style on the love below, to each his own. Idlewild was hella avg.
smegma: LOL ur a damn fool

d-nice

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 12:09:29 AM »

I don't agree. If you look at T.I. he has released nearly as much albums as Scarface and all of T.I.'s albums were classics, as opposed to Scarface who has good albums, but they're not all classics. Let's get the facts straight here: if any rapper doesn't get the credit he deserves it's T.I.

Face it!

This is my last reply for a minute so here it goes:

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

WHAT KIND OF WEED ARE YOU SMOKING? Are you saying that T.I. has a better discography then Scarface? Arguably Face has at least 3,4 classic albums, maybe more. No offense against TI but god damn.

OK I just had to get that out of my system. Good Evening.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »
This is my last reply for a minute so here it goes:

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

WHAT KIND OF WEED ARE YOU SMOKING? Are you saying that T.I. has a better discography then Scarface? Arguably Face has at least 3,4 classic albums, maybe more. No offense against TI but god damn.

OK I just had to get that out of my system. Good Evening.
figure u won't see this D but u must not know smegma ;)

He's being sarcastic. He HATES T.I. & pretty much follows me in a lot of threads making comments about me or T.I. trying to piss me off.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 12:14:58 AM »
Scarface nikkas.

Luda got Prince.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 12:24:42 AM »
Whoa, Stankonia ain't no damn classic

kemizt

rayallen0

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 01:22:09 AM »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 03:16:56 AM »
It's a cool album, but imo - no classic

kemizt

westside159

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2007, 05:22:30 PM »
KING OF THE SOUTH

1. Mainstream king of the south -   T.I  OR LIL WAYNE

2. ALL TIME KING OF THE SOUTH - SCARFACE

3. GROUPS - OUTKAST  OR THREE SIX MAFIA & PROJECT PAT

4. UNDERGROUND KINGZ   -  U.G.K

5. UNDERATED KING OF THE SOUTH -  LUDACRIS   8) 8)