Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Pope Mobile" Street Album Gift [Free Download!]  (Read 3415 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Pope Mobile" Street Album Gift [Free Download!]
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
yo what up y'all, first of all merry christmas to all....

second i gotta say when i saw that production line up i was like "what the fuck"....shiiiit i gotta feeling his album will have alot of dre on it, probably 5 beats at least if this is the shit he droppin on mixtapes now....

by the way the mixtape is bangin, bishop is impressing me more and more slowly...alot of stuff on this is dope and some is def stuff that was made with the album in mind but are leftovers....which makes me happy because whilst there is some dope shit on this, by the sounds of some of the leftovers, i gotta feeling the album will come hard and be full of bangers and not be on some boring tip...for example, street theology...im pretty sure that was meant for his album but its now on a mixtape instead and while its nice its promising that its a leftover because it means the beat or something aint fully right for the album, possibly bishop or just the joint as a whole....and i agree, its real nice and def album worthy for a decent joint...BUT if u lookin to make great albums, i'm glad this is a leftover, right now i take that as a positive....NOW i gotta say....some people on here were like "dre is back, he didnt loose any of his tricks" or some shit got me real excited about the beat, but it was decent, nuttin specail, i really doubt dre would give out any of his heat on a mixtape ever, especially right now....anyways i look forward to hearing dre/bishop on the first single..they gotta introduce themselves BIG, not on some no stoppin carson shit....

about the rest of the mixtape...the dj khalil joint is bangin...i really cannot believe that beat wasnt used for an album, that shit is serious fire....

the danja handz beat was off the hook aswell, the whole joint was bangin....

focus dissapointed....but again, mixtape shit but his someone who needs to impress on mixtapes....when u can make beats like the "feel on it" beat, i aint really feeling his shit on this apart from the last joint and i feel that beat has alot more potential than it showed...like it sounded that not enough work was put in it when it could have been pumped

what impressed me most was one ot two of the bishop lament/storch joints....not because the beats were bangin or anything, u can tell they quick put together/left over type beats but i think bishop came really good on them, especially the 14th track....with chevy and mike, that shit was real fire....a hiphop joint....if any of the scott joints came through, that was the one....very nice, felt like i was hearing a old school storch joint, nuttin blockbuster about the beat....which are great for beats but for a mellow beat, the shit is fire...

anyways there is def a mix of some shit which is def album worthy and other which are left overs....its got a mellow vibe to the album and some orchestra flava to the beats, its nice, if it was an album, it would be dopish...nuttin amazing or close to amazing but because this is a mixtape, its pretty fuckin great if im totally honest....not because its heat top to bottom, but because it sounds like im listening a standard hiphop album...u skip someshit, other shit u bump again, the quality is good...

sometimes, personal chauffuer, steeet theology, so sad are real bangin, without a doubt solid album material....

something, all i dream, shittin on fool(got a nice bounce to it) are all dope mixtape joints, would be fillers average/decent album but again its a mixtape so to have all i mentioned so far on one album is great

the rest i havent really bumped much so far, i was dissapointed with 9th wonder, focus and nottz but its a mixtape....

overall a great mixtape....the sound of some of the shit has a lil aftermath flava to it....kinda reminds me of the time before game was about to drop his debut and we were hearing some bangin shit droppin on mixtapes and we were like "dayum, thats a bangin beat"....this is what this album reminds me of to a certain extent, production got some real high moments at times, i was also impressed with bishop alot more this time than on caltriot..........

to me caltriot=raw mixtape
nigger nioze=nice buzz making mixtape....
pope mobile = album leftovers for mixtape generally....which tells in the quality of some of the beats...kinda similar to some of games shit before the documentary dropped

promising end to 2007 for bishop, i just hope he can hold it on his own album and knows how to make hits and handle real monster beats...he got nobody better than in dre to help there....

anyways this mixtape gives me hope for bishop and i'm actually excited about this album more than the fact its just a dre produced album now comin out on aftermath near detox...i actually look forward to seeing what bishop will bring...2008 will be interesting

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2007, 05:34:45 PM »
^LOL. it is what it is man. I don't see what's wrong with it, deserves the rating IMO :-\

I understand why though you're a little more hesitant to give it a high rating, all good. but 3/5?? nah, i'm sure it'll grow on u.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
I understand why though you're a little more hesitant to give it a high rating, all good. but 3/5? nah,i'm sure it'll grow on u.

It's growing,on my 10th spin now. Maybe my problem might be that I always compare a artists work to their previous work not for it's actual value. But for now it's growing to a 3.5/5. to be continued... ha,ha...

LOL, true that man. i keep my ratings simple. i rate each song outta 5, and divide the total by whatever the albums adds up to (for example, the ratings of this album album added up to 66, and the total was 70. 66 divided by 70, is 9.4).

;D

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
you were def wayy to kind on the album luna haha but you young and a good kid so its good homie,haha

pz

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
caltriot=raw mixtape
nigger nioze=nice buzz making mixtape....
pope mobile = album leftovers for mixtape generally....which tells in the quality of some of the beats...kinda similar to some of games shit before the documentary dropped

that sums that shit up nice
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2007, 05:55:33 PM »
This is a mixtape guys, whens the last time anyone had a Dre beat on a mixtape ? Ummm, never.

but thats still disappointing, that even Bishop isnt using Dre beats, he's meant to be his protegé.

I don't understand this sentence. What do you mean isn't using Dre beats ? As far as we know this is a Dre beat. Looks like he created the same beat for that D12 skit but since it was so short and basically played in the background, Bishop and Dre probably decided to tweak it up a little bit and throw it on the mixtape. Because there's no way Dre is gonna put a new beat on a mixtape. When I first read the credits I was like "wtf", how the hell did Dre allow a new beat on a simple mixtape. But as soon as I heard the beat it sounded familliar. Same can be said for track number 9, I've heard that beat before. In the end this is a mixtape, with original production and with a lineup like that you can only except leftovers and beats on their way to producers recycle bin.

yeah, i understand that its unlikely to hear a new Dre beat on a mixtape. Im just saying i dont want to hear Bishop over used/old Dre beats, when they've been working so closely together..

the credits in the Devils Night booklet say its Produced By Denaun Porter..

Denuan probably only did the beat Obie raps over. It's possible they didn't credit Dre for that 30 sec skit.

And props to Matty, Lunatic and Lyrically G for their quick reviews. It's always nice to read breakdowns of a cd instead of "this shit is dope" comments.

Lunatic

« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
And props to Matty, Lunatic and Lyrically G for their quick reviews. It's always nice to read breakdowns of a cd instead of "this shit is dope" comments.
i try to do my part :P

~Lucien~

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
this tape is pretty good... waiting on a mixed CDQ version

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »
so fuckin good just crazy... look me in the eye and tell me bishop isn't the hottest mutherfuckin west coast artist right now....
he's not.

:o

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
is your last name vasquez?

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
is your last name vasquez?
yea.. is there a way i can change my name on this shit? i was probly hi when i signed up haha!

hopeye

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2007, 08:48:08 PM »
Just got posted on Bishop's myspace...

8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 08:49:52 PM by hopeye »

Lunatic

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2007, 08:48:43 PM »
^saw that earlier

LOL looked like a fun studio session :D