Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Pope Mobile" Street Album Gift [Free Download!]  (Read 3459 times)

TRG

Re: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Pope Mobile" Street Album Gift [Free Download!]
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2007, 04:19:40 PM »
has anyone else noticed that Dre beat is the same beat used for the Obie Trice skit on Devils Night :-\
for real? exact same?

not EXACTLY theres a little guitar riff that dre musta put it, but its the same beat

disappointing

Lunatic

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2007, 04:21:01 PM »
has anyone else noticed that Dre beat is the same beat used for the Obie Trice skit on Devils Night :-\
for real? exact same?

not EXACTLY theres a little guitar riff that dre musta put it, but its the same beat

disappointing
ahh true. that is the only disappointment of this series. twice now dre's name has been attached, and the first one was dre speaking, and the 2nd is a good beat, but no bishop beat & similar to an old beat (as you just pointed out).

all good, 3 classics 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »
This is a mixtape guys, whens the last time anyone had a Dre beat on a mixtape ? Ummm, never.

BTW I downloaded the supposed correct tagged version and unless I'm doing something wrong, it's still not tagged (it just says "02. Pope Mobile"...)

Al Bundy

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »
This is a mixtape guys, whens the last time anyone had a Dre beat on a mixtape ? Ummm, never.

BTW I downloaded the supposed correct tagged version and unless I'm doing something wrong, it's still not tagged (it just says "02. Pope Mobile"...)

just use the link I uploaded. I tagged it myself

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »

I did that in the beginning, forgot to say thanks  8)

It's just nice to have those folders with the official Dubcnn stamp on it.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2007, 04:32:07 PM »
it still says "01popemobile" on the filenames. But when u play the files it has the tracknames on there

Al Bundy

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2007, 04:33:03 PM »

I did that in the beginning, forgot to say thanks  8)

It's just nice to have those folders with the official Dubcnn stamp on it.

It's better to have the Al Bundy stamp on it.  8)

TRG

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »

but thats still disappointing, that even Bishop isnt using Dre beats, he's meant to be his protegé.

probably the only thing wrong with this cd though.

is caltroit metropolis coming Jan 31st ??

Lunatic

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
is caltroit metropolis coming Jan 31st ??
yep ;)

TrixR4Kids

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
Yeah if you arrange the album and you choose the beats and songs...

YOU ARE NOT PRODUCING!!!

You are EXECUTIVE PRODUCING.

Big fucking difference.

Yeah most high end producers also have engineers in the studio, for things like choosing frequencies, but a PRODUCER programs the beats.

DR. DRE does not know how to program. He just say "yeah that sounds good, now do this and do that to it. Add this rift, add that snare."

IF  you Don't touch the BOX...SUCK COCKS!!!!
"Watch rappers combat. I create headaches"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2007, 04:47:54 PM »

but thats still disappointing, that even Bishop isnt using Dre beats, he's meant to be his protegé.

I don't understand this sentence. What do you mean isn't using Dre beats ? As far as we know this is a Dre beat. Looks like he created the same beat for that D12 skit but since it was so short and basically played in the background, Bishop and Dre probably decided to tweak it up a little bit and throw it on the mixtape. Because there's no way Dre is gonna put a new beat on a mixtape. When I first read the credits I was like "wtf", how the hell did Dre allow a new beat on a simple mixtape. But as soon as I heard the beat it sounded familliar. Same can be said for track number 9, I've heard that beat before. In the end this is a mixtape, with original production and with a lineup like that you can only except leftovers and beats on their way to producers recycle bin.

TRG

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »

I don't understand this sentence. What do you mean isn't using Dre beats ? As far as we know this is a Dre beat. Looks like he created the same beat for that D12 skit but since it was so short and basically played in the background, Bishop and Dre probably decided to tweak it up a little bit and throw it on the mixtape. Because there's no way Dre is gonna put a new beat on a mixtape. When I first read the credits I was like "wtf", how the hell did Dre allow a new beat on a simple mixtape. But as soon as I heard the beat it sounded familliar. Same can be said for track number 9, I've heard that beat before. In the end this is a mixtape, with original production and with a lineup like that you can only except leftovers and beats on their way to producers recycle bin.

yeah, i understand that its unlikely to hear a new Dre beat on a mixtape. Im just saying i dont want to hear Bishop over used/old Dre beats, when they've been working so closely together..

the credits in the Devils Night booklet say its Produced By Denaun Porter..

Lunatic

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »
the credits in the Devils Night booklet say its Produced By Denaun Porter..
interesting

Okka

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »
for real? exact same?

Now that's some fucked up shit right there, anyway the beat is weak...

Lunatic

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2007, 05:10:45 PM »
my short review.

1. intro/heaven ft. bilal - funny ass intro lol. the beat to heaven is a simple one from dre, but very good at the same time. bilal does his thing on here big time. only complaint is no bishop verse. Don't feel rate giving this song a rating without any rapping though. great kick off tho.

2. personal chauffer ft. vanessa marquez - LOVE the beat by khalil, and marquez was PERFECT on this. Bishop's rhymes were tight as usual, and he rode the beat perfectly. 5/5

3. shittin on fools ft. dready beats - sick ass beat, ans good hook. funny song, but amazing at the same time. bishop rap's his ass off on this one. 5/5

4. it's funny ft. indef - bishop's flow was CRAZY :o  4.5/5

5. yeah pimp ft. pcp & angelo - slept on this one at first. the beat is much better than i thought. hook is cool as well. 4.25/5

6. i just want the money ft. bokey - bangin ass beat from 9th wonder. hook is damn nice as well, different. bishop raps was cool. 4.5/5

7. street theology - my favorite beat on the album. bishop spits real shit on here. 1 of the best tracks i've heard from him. 5/5

8. so sad ft. chevy jones - shocked to see this was a danja beat. def somethin new for him, a really, really good new though. loved the hook, who's on it? 1 of the best songs when it comes to bishop's rapping. 4.75/5

9. all i dream about ft. pooh bear - SICK ass beat from storch. somethin different for him as well for the most part. nice ass raps as well. pooh bear sounded different to me on this one than his other features over the years, good though as usual. good song still. 4.5/5

10. sumthin - sounds like more of a mainstream song. pretty good though, another banger from storch. love agian how bishop rides the beat. rhymes are a bit more simpler, but a beat like this "requires" that so to say. some funny ass lyrics lol. 4.25/5

11. rappers wanna sing - AMAZING beat from nottz. love that sound (not good with producing terms lol) when bishop goes "if you'z a" and that sound kicks in. GREAT lyrics from bishop as well (again). love the hook BIG time. some funny ass lyrics lol. Great message 2. 5/5

12 - i always knew - cool beat. only song that's 100% re-used i believe. regardless, nice beat from don cannon. glad he showed jeezy how to properly use a beat like this lol. GOOD lyrics, 1 of the better lyrical songs on this tape. hook is alright, nothin special. 4.75/5

13 - music shit - great storch beat, good shit. great flow used by bishop as well. nice lyrics, good story tellin. love how bishop ain't a rapper who's always actin hard. 4.5/5

14 - sometimes ft. chevy jones & mike ant - amazing beat from scotty. another song were bishop's lyrics really stand out. Honestly, Mike Ant dropped 1 of the best hooks i've ever heard :o  chevy jones dropped an amazing verse as well. best song on the tape. 5/5

15. anyway ft. chevy jones & focus - good beat, great singin on the hook as well. is that focus on the hook or a sample?? crazy ass lyrics again from bishop. amazing way 2 close out the album. 5/5

total: 9.4/10