Author Topic: WTF can I do with this American Express gift card?  (Read 145 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
WTF can I do with this American Express gift card?
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:43 AM »
My mom got me a $250 American Express gift card...and I haven't been able to do shit with it. I went to buy some turntables last night, and I was going to see if I could buy a money order with it...but that wasn't possible. Next, I go to buy some vinyls that end up being $100...and I pull it out, and realize that the damm store doesn't take American Express. Later on, I go online to buy a carrying case for my equipment on EBay as a buy it now....and they said the card will not work for that.

So now, I'm like damn....wtf can I do with it? Is there anything slick I could do, such as going to a certain store, buying something, and getting a refund? I don't want to risk not getting cash or even a refund back onto the card. I am trying to find someone who has some bills to pay, or has to pay for their car to get fixed, so that I can use the card, and they can give me cash. That's the only thing I can think of doing.

Floydness

Re: WTF can I do with this American Express gift card?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
You can:
Buy clothes
DVDs
CDs
eat out
or basically buy anything at any place that takes american express, and it has to be a ligit place. Which means no ghetto hole in the wall places. Enjoy!

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:46:50 PM »
It should work anywhere that takes american express. My grandmother sends me those all the time when its christmas or my birthday.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:29:26 PM »
go to nordstrom buy something than return it witout the reciept say it was a gift and they will give u a cash refund
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
Pass it on down this way :cow:

Nah, what Beatz said though. That's weird that them places ain't taking Giftcards. The whole point of those is to use them anywhere.