Author Topic: Single of the year for 2007  (Read 754 times)

jeromechickenbone

Single of the year for 2007
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:14:14 PM »
Alright motherfuckers, I think this section is slacking.  I blame 14 year olds and lazy OGs.  So lets talk about some relevant shit.  What the fuck was the best single released this year?  Well I'm not asking, I'm telling you.  It was untoubtedly:

UGK ft. Outkast (Prod by Three 6 Mafia) - International Players Anthem

This song was single of the year before Pimp C passed, and now it's even more deserving.  This song is fucking sick on about 5 different levels.  I'm not gonna go that deep, but I'm gonna say this:  DJ Paul and Juicy J are phenomenally talented, Bun B is the most underrated MC in the game today, Andre 3000 is on his own fucking planet (as evidenced by the fact that 3 6 couldn't match the beat to 3000's off beat flow), Big Boi is more than just the Scottie Pippen of Outkast, and last but not least, Pimp C lets us know how real he is "My bitch a choosy lover / Never fuck without a rubber / like it on top of sheets / never underneath the cover  / money on the dresser / drive a kompressor, etc...  A perfect 10 out of 10 joint for me.  6 legends, perfect production, and true lyricism in every verse.  Sick ass shit.

Al Bundy

Re: Single of the year for 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »
yeah that single was the shit for sure. one of my favorite from the album (which is very rare to say now-a-days)

i'd go with what jrome said  8)

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:57:10 PM »
Yeah I will roll with that.

Street banger I got to go with Never from Scarface.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 08:00:15 PM »
yea, gotta agree with that one for sure. all 4 KILLED it..big boi flow :o

but i think it's wrong to say that after pimp passing, it's more deserving. not 2 sound rude, i miss pimp as much as any fan, but rappers tend to get this recognition and new fanbase when they die..the single is just as hot before pimp's death.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »

but i think it's wrong to say that after pimp passing, it's more deserving. not 2 sound rude, i miss pimp as much as any fan, but rappers tend to get this recognition and new fanbase when they die..the single is just as hot before pimp's death.

If you re-read what I wrote, I clearly stated that this was the single of the year prior to Pimp's passing.  I'll even dig up the thread when this song first popped off in like May and I made the statement back then that it was the single of the year...

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »

If you re-read what I wrote, I clearly stated that this was the single of the year prior to Pimp's passing.  I'll even dig up the thread when this song first popped off in like May and I made the statement back then that it was the single of the year...
it's all good, just saying it is just as deserving before pimp's passing. glad 2 hear u agree

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 08:13:31 PM »

it's all good, just saying it is just as deserving before pimp's passing. glad 2 hear u agree

nah you tried to perpetrate.  I see you

re-read my OG post and read your response.  You lack comprehension bro.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 08:16:34 PM »
This is most def. the single of the year, i dont even think theres a contender.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »
This song was single of the year before Pimp C passed, and now it's even more deserving
how did i mis-interpret that??

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
Aight Ron and Luna, I ain't been on here heavy for a couple of days but I sense some tension every time you 2 are in a post together. What's the deal?

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »
^dude thinks he always right..he said its even more deserving after pimp's passing..i said i think that's wrong...he said i lack comprehension?? that don't make no fuckin sense

nowhere did i say that he said its ONLY single of the year cause of pimp's passing, but he DID clearly say it's more deserving now

and i lack comprehension :D

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »
Well lets all try to keep it agree to disagree.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »
It ain't tension, more like whippin your child when they fuck up.  It's more painful for me than it is you bruh, but what can I say, I carry the cross.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »
It ain't tension, more like whippin your child when they fuck up.  It's more painful for me than it is you bruh, but what can I say, I carry the cross.
you trip me out with some of the shit that come outta ya mouth :D

shit is unbelievable

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
fact: u said int'l players anthem is the single of the year a while ago
fact: i agreed
fact: u said it's even more deserving now that pimp has passed
fact: i said that is some bullshit, because the man die (r.i.p 2 em) it ain't no more deserving now than it was before his passing

don't try and use ur age 2 deny me pointing that shit out :D