Author Topic: DUBCNN: R&B Is Bringing You "I-Ebonics" (Me & My Cousin, Sly Boogy, Dirty Birdy)  (Read 260 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
hit up www.dubcnn.com for all links

He goes by the name of R&B, but don't get him confused with the music! R&B hails from the Inland Empire and recently released his project "I-Ebonics". The album is said to be his best work to date, as it's a combination of all his experience in his career. While his name might be new to some, R&B has been in the game for over 15 years.

He started his career with International Records back in 1995 with the group Me and My Cousin, and signed his first recording contract with Priority Records that same year. Their first album titled "International" was produced by platinum producer Rhythm D and featured the track "Red Carpet".

A few years later, R&B clicked up with Sly Boogy and began touring with him. This led to them forming the group called The P.B.G. (Pit Bull Gorillas), adding Dirty Birdy as the third member. The name has been existing for a few years, but the first real project is scheduled to come out in 2008. One of the many collaborations the trio made was "Country Bumpkinz" from Sly Boogy's "The Fifth Letter" Mixtape released in 2005.

But back to his current project "I-Ebonics": The album is now available on cdbaby.com/cd/iebonics and brings you nothing but some fresh I.E. slash West Coast Hip Hop. R&B was involved in every step of the creation process, from the concept, to the music, the artwork, or the marketing.

We've got two songs for you to check out. These are "P.B.G. (Whaaaat!!!)" which is his underground single, and "Silly" which is his radio single. "P.B.G. (Whaaaat!!!)" features the aforementioned Sly Boogy and Dirty Birdy, and "Silly" features Bay Area singer Vonetra on the hook/verse.

R&B - P.B.G. (Whaaat!!!) Feat. Sly Boogy & Dirty Birdy
R&B - Silly Feat. Vonetra

For More info, check out R&B's MySpace page.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:30:24 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
ha this my nicca too! R&B been killing on the mic for many years. we used to shoot dice and bust of the dome back when Outkast was making that Southernplayalisticcadillacfunky music. This nicca is true to his craft for real. Make sure yall check the homie out on the front page. And cop his album too. He got some nice material on there.

MASH
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:56:12 AM by MASHALOT »

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Right on Mash, thanks for the feedback!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
cant wait to check these out later! props

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nice, anyone with Dirty Birdy and Sly Boogy on their song must be talented!  I'm gonna check this out right now.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the tracks are great, don't sleep on this one!

Mr.Smurf

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • M.M.A.C.
 :o  R&B is sick!!! I've had these tracks for a while now. I just gotta wait until the holidaze are over and I'm buying this album!! BTW, here's a link to buy the album as a digital D/L

http://www.digstation.com/ArtistAlbums.aspx?albumID=ALB000009030

Hey Jay!!! Whats up with that Dirty Birdy mixtape?? You got any info on Lunch's album "Heart Of A Lion", like whens it dropping???

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
i will check this out..and it also got me thinkin about that dirty birdy mixtape...whats the plan with that one? if its scrapped he should just put it  up on dubcnn or something

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
:o  R&B is sick!!! I've had these tracks for a while now. I just gotta wait until the holidaze are over and I'm buying this album!! BTW, here's a link to buy the album as a digital D/L

http://www.digstation.com/ArtistAlbums.aspx?albumID=ALB000009030

Hey Jay!!! Whats up with that Dirty Birdy mixtape?? You got any info on Lunch's album "Heart Of A Lion", like whens it dropping???

Lunch's album came out a while ago, like August I think.... I'll look into the Dirty Birdy situation, dude's been mia.

Mr.Smurf

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • M.M.A.C.
Lunch's album came out?? I didn't see that it did. His myspace changed from August to "Coming Soon".  You know where I can get it?

Lil Jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lunch's album came out?? I didn't see that it did. His myspace changed from August to "Coming Soon".  You know where I can get it?

Oh I thought it did, I saw them talking about getting it on ITunes. I could be wrong though.

Mr.Smurf

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • M.M.A.C.
Yeah, I think it's only 4 tracks.