Author Topic: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT  (Read 5857 times)

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »
What you gotta realize is that bishop only dropped streetalbums/mixtapes so far (3 this year).  In my opinion (even if everything isnt dope since its mixtapes) there have been lots of really dope songs on these mixtapes  so without even dropping an album hes already put out plenty quality music...I also think hes good at adressing lots of interesting issues wich most rappers doesnt touch on nowadays ... And I hope interscope wont tone that down for the album....

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
I thought Pope Mobile was great at addressing religion... it's from Bishop's point of view. That song about Jesus dodging the police and hanging with thugs is some real shit, because it's the truth, according to the gospels at least.
LMAo!!
What Jesus is This??
The Bible Christ or the Jesus created by rappers for Hip Hop???

Styles I think Mackin4life is on point. For me, Bishop is doing what every other rapper does when they spit on religion - make it completely digestable for rap fans in a completely unchallenging way. Look I am not a theologian and Bishop is not completely off the mark but to me this does not feel like a real portrayal of how bishop really feels about his religion (unless bishop is a superficial dude which i don't think he is), its just religion for rap fans to feel good about themselves if that makes any sense.

there is no out-right theological song, but if he did that, then listeners would complain about it's preachiness, no? but the guy is a thinker and I know that he's got his opinions... maybe we will get the deep song that you are looking for. I can definitely ask him that soon. 

i understand what you are saying homie, but i do not want to be preached at, I want something personal from bishop that gives us a clue to who he really is. the only time we really get that is on the track on pope mobile where he speaks on hating his father. i might be expecting a bit much and confusing a lot of different things but my bottom line with any "conscious" or "lyrical" rapper is that I have to feel like they are being honest about themselves not just hiding behind some clever words, some ideas which sound good (but which ultimately lack substance) and a huge ego. i kind of feel like bishop falls into that category at the moment but i am waiting on the album. 

gangsta rappers will always get away with being judged less harshly because for all the bullshit about who is real and who is not, they are tellng a story and portraying an image which is fundamentally about entertainment. "conscious" rappers are telling us that they are delivering something "real" about the world and about themselves. if that "real" is a 12 year old's politics and religion, they are not worth listening to. Just my opinion homie.   
you are a lil extra with it for me my equal, to be lyrical doesn't mean you have to be honest about yourself,and it's not always hiding behind clever words,it's the artist doing what the "artist" wants,and alot of times as fans we try to make them into something there not,just enjoy it for what it is,and if you don't braille it,cool too,not always gonna get down with every artist, plus the 12 year old comment what the fucc is that? you think if someone speaks about religion they should always go into the depth the way the bible does???? sometimes artist just give you the surface,and it leads you to finding out more about it,if that's what you choose to do, that's just my opinion,but hey we all different people yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Dae One

• Super-Producer
  • 'G'
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2007, 02:10:13 AM »
Well He Must Be Doing Something Right Cause were talking about him, Bishop is one of a few artist that i have worked with that really cares about what he spits into that Mic in the both And Mind you i have worked with all your Up and coming Fav!!!! ( Crooked, G Malone Lamont, You name it) And everything aint for everybody, But trust His Mixtape's Dont Even Amount to his Album, IMO...... but hey what do i know.

wcsoldier

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2007, 02:19:07 AM »
To each his own , I don't feel G Malone and Ya Boy , I prefer Bishop and Omar Cruz ... if it ever drops Bishop gonna have the best debut from a WC artist since a long time ...

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2007, 02:36:05 AM »
you are a lil extra with it for me my equal, to be lyrical doesn't mean you have to be honest about yourself,and it's not always hiding behind clever words,it's the artist doing what the "artist" wants,and alot of times as fans we try to make them into something there not,just enjoy it for what it is,and if you don't braille it,cool too,not always gonna get down with every artist, plus the 12 year old comment what the fucc is that? you think if someone speaks about religion they should always go into the depth the way the bible does???? sometimes artist just give you the surface,and it leads you to finding out more about it,if that's what you choose to do, that's just my opinion,but hey we all different people yell

I appreciate your comments. You seem to be saying some artists don't reach everyone and if i'm not feeling it, move on and its all gravy... that's fair enough. I'm just explaining why i don't feel bishop at the moment.   

I agree with you that being lyrical has nothing necessarily to do with being honest about yourself. But for me Bishop is trying to do more than just be lyrical. He is, on some tracks, using the music to send a message. If you are trying to do that, then, for me, the music has to sound raw and personal and honest. If it doesn't then to me it feels like being preached at by another hypocrite. that's my problem with bishop at the moment.

In terms of the 12 year old comment, i think that was fair. I don't expect theology from Bishop but corny rhymes about going to church "not being soft" etc is really wack to me and i think he could do something a little more subtle that reaches everyone.

JRK

• 'G'
  • WarDoggz - Diocese/TakeOff
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2007, 07:39:30 AM »
I just say to each their own. Everyone has different tastes. Some of yall might like Jim Jones. I don't.

Chuuuuch
GIVE ME MONEY, GIVE ME PUSSY!!!

Twitter "http://twitter.com/LetsGoJRK"

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:59 AM »
To each his own , I don't feel G Malone and Ya Boy , I prefer Bishop and Omar Cruz ... if it ever drops Bishop gonna have the best debut from a WC artist since a long time ...

and when you say a long time how long is that exactly?

Cause aint nobody toppin The Documentary when it comes to debuts... and Ya Boy shits on bishop .. Ya Boy at least sounds like he wanna rap..

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:55 AM »
i think bishop is dope as hell

way better than game and his boring repetitive rhymes

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »

and when you say a long time how long is that exactly?

Cause aint nobody toppin The Documentary when it comes to debuts... and Ya Boy shits on bishop .. Ya Boy at least sounds like he wanna rap..

So Bishop doesnt wanna rap ? Ok, thats a new one. Right now you're sounding like a plain hater.

And Documenary was a great album, near classic but was it groundbreaking ? No. They played it safe; predictable rhyme schemes, subject matter and production (every producer was basically your top MTV producers).

Now Bishops debut might be another major label driven album but so far Bishop has worked with Dre, Storch, Premo, RZA, Just Blaze, Lord Finesse, Quik, Focus, J.R., Khalil, Bink!, Battlecat, Chad Hugo, Buckwild, Hi-Tek, J.Dilla, Pete Rock, Nottz, Madlib, Black Milk, Saalam Remi. When is the last time a major label rapper had producers liek this ?

In the end it's highly possible we'll get a Swizz Beatz produced 1st single but right now, it looks like Bishop is in the making of something very unique.

randyboy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
BISHOP IS NOT NICE HE IS OK BUT LETS BE REAL TAKE THE MATH AWAY AND WHAT DO WE HAVE..... JUST HYPE CROOKED I IS SICK WIT THE RHYMES WITH OUT A DEAL AND HYPE AND WEBSITES SUCKING HIM OFF ...COME ON ITS MUSIC PEOPLE  NOT FAME MUSIC

wcsoldier

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »

and Ya Boy shits on bishop .. Ya Boy at least sounds like he wanna rap..

that's maybe the most terrible argument I've ever read here .. can u explain me this nonsense

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »
Nigger Noize is one of my favorite albums...
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Blood$

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »
I do like Bishop but he's not necissarily my favortie new West artist, I'd give him about a 7 or 8 outta 10 overall as an artist, he's something different coming from the West... his "Nigger Noize" mixtape was pretty good and "CalTroit" had some songs that were bangin' as well

but he is a little bit overrated by certain people IMO, but that's w/e because almost every artist is overrated by at least a few people

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2007, 11:07:21 AM »
THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD, I DIDNT WANT TO SAY MUCH BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYBODY LIKED HIM, HE'S NOT WACK - BUT LIKE YOU SAY IM NOT FEELING HIM

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »
 8)
Bumpin' That "Pope Mobile" right now!!!
getting started early with the Stickty getting ready for the LakeShow tonight.
Go Lakers.

As far As Bishop goes for me, with the team he has behind him.
it's a Guranteed/Wrap dope debut CD, and those who ain't feeling it now, will be touching themself come drop date.
I just hope Aftermath don't fuck this project up like they did King Tee & Hitt among others...