Author Topic: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT  (Read 5854 times)

underdog

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »
im not feelin him either, nuthin special at all, and i dled, burned and bumped his shit in my ride to give it a fair listen but he aint nuthin special

Nigga Witta Attitude

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2008, 04:14:52 AM »
IMO Bishop is not that lyrical like how dubcc makes him out to be.

Just because you rap about other shit then the usual gangsta shit doesnt mean you lyrical gifted like you ppl here make him out to be

He can flow but hes above average lyrically IMO

Now Crooked is a different story

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2008, 06:16:22 AM »
I´ve asked myself lately does Bishop have what it takes to be a solo artist under the Interscope umbrella?
Sure he can make some POP tunes,but I can´t help to compare him to his peers Em,Busta and 50.
So would he better off in a group with for ex. Taje and Indef?

you don't mean as a group signed to aftermath right?

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2008, 06:17:50 AM »
The main reason I'm checking for Bishop, and this will sound harsh, is because he's with Dr Dre. If Dre gives him some awesome beats and mixes the beats other producers give him, then the album will be hot no question - a 3 year old could rap over dope Dre beats and it'll still be worth listening to

Same thing happened with The Game... dude isn't like WOW on the mic, but you give him some Dre beats, some Timbo, Kanye, etc beats and have 50, Eminem, etc on his album, then you have a good album, all he needs to do is not fuck up his verses and it worked... he even pretty much mumbled and botched his lyrics for How We Do and it was still a hot song

Same with 50 Cent, I liked some of the stuff he had on mixtapes and his Power of the Dollar album but he wasn't incredible... but then you put him over Dre beats with Eminem and Nate Dogg, etc and it didn't matter who was doing the verses really, it was always going to be a pretty dope album

50 got big because of the Dre/Em connection and the uber-thug image, being shot, etc.... Game did the exact same thing... Eminem was big because he had Dre, he was very different (funny/white) and an incredibly good lyricist.
So Em was really the only one who was actually a really dope rapper beforehand... Snoop was a good MC, but again it was more personality, uniqueness, and the Dre beats than actual MC skills (otherwise Lady of Rage, Kurupt, and RBX would have been bigger stars)

So with Bishop I think he's got what he needs - the production first and foremost will sell the record, the guest appearances, if he has Busta, Em, Dre, some others, that will sell the record... then I think he looks like a star, he's got that buff look (no homo)... he's funny like Eminem, and he's got some new angles with the religion thing

If you think about it, Game and 50 had waaaay less going for them, their rapping skills are only about the same as Bishop, but they only have one factor - the "I'm a hard-ass" factor, while Bishop potentially has more to sell him on

Matty

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »
bishop is dope no doubt. he's one of the better lyricists putting out original material and like the poster above said - its all about that dre connection for launching a career into the mainstream. it'll come down to how cutting edge his first proper single is as to how he blows up nationally/internationally. 50 was big because in da club was a huge hit - the beat was a classic for dre and 50 killed it for a commercial track. bishop is gonna have to do something similar but under docs guidance he should be capable.

if it aint dope enough then we'll all be left scratching our heads - but i think dre will pull something out of the bag and bishop will hit platinum and maybe multiple platinum with a good enough single line-up. if jimmy is gonna allow him to drop an album w/ promotion in the first place you know its gonna have some seriously catchy, big hit material on it, especially if its a new artist. just hope there's something thats both commercial and street enough (like in da club or how we do) so that bishop dont resort to putting no cheesy crap out like busta did on his aftermath release.

the real shame is that dre doesn't seem to be able pull enough strings or just hasn't got enough time to launch some other quality acts. joell ortiz is a better lyricist than bishop but i guess he wasn't seen as maketable so wasn't priotitised. he was smart to leave. and in terms of westcoast rappers crooked i is definitely that dude. i'd rate him over bishop but unfortunately he aint with dre and seems to have big problems sorting out his business and getting some real money behind his movement.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2008, 08:54:45 AM »
The main reason I'm checking for Bishop, and this will sound harsh, is because he's with Dr Dre. If Dre gives him some awesome beats and mixes the beats other producers give him, then the album will be hot no question - a 3 year old could rap over dope Dre beats and it'll still be worth listening to

Same thing happened with The Game... dude isn't like WOW on the mic, but you give him some Dre beats, some Timbo, Kanye, etc beats and have 50, Eminem, etc on his album, then you have a good album, all he needs to do is not fuck up his verses and it worked... he even pretty much mumbled and botched his lyrics for How We Do and it was still a hot song

Same with 50 Cent, I liked some of the stuff he had on mixtapes and his Power of the Dollar album but he wasn't incredible... but then you put him over Dre beats with Eminem and Nate Dogg, etc and it didn't matter who was doing the verses really, it was always going to be a pretty dope album

50 got big because of the Dre/Em connection and the uber-thug image, being shot, etc.... Game did the exact same thing... Eminem was big because he had Dre, he was very different (funny/white) and an incredibly good lyricist.
So Em was really the only one who was actually a really dope rapper beforehand... Snoop was a good MC, but again it was more personality, uniqueness, and the Dre beats than actual MC skills (otherwise Lady of Rage, Kurupt, and RBX would have been bigger stars)

So with Bishop I think he's got what he needs - the production first and foremost will sell the record, the guest appearances, if he has Busta, Em, Dre, some others, that will sell the record... then I think he looks like a star, he's got that buff look (no homo)... he's funny like Eminem, and he's got some new angles with the religion thing

If you think about it, Game and 50 had waaaay less going for them, their rapping skills are only about the same as Bishop, but they only have one factor - the "I'm a hard-ass" factor, while Bishop potentially has more to sell him on

i disagree with you to a certain extent.

to me, 50 cent and the Game are just average artists; for the final results of their debut albums, i mainly give credit to the team behind these projects.

but bishop IMO is definitely above average ; he often has dope wordplay, has some funny/original concepts, it's just that his flow needs work.
thankfully he has made progression with that, when comparing his latest street album with older material.

i think The Reformation has the potential to be a dope album; i really hope Bishop can get his project on the release schedule of interscope.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:29 AM »

word up and props to matty too for speakin truth.

As for bishop i think he markets himself as different to game as in a more lyrical rapper and maybe he is but in terms of his market if he claims to be a lyricist than he really aint nowhere near the top of hat market because lyrically i dont see him being much better than game at all. I think game too had great help from dre in lauchning his career but so have many others but game has gone alone and put out quality material but to launch a career, it without doubt helps to have dre stamp you.

I dont know how much selling power bishop has but anyone with the right push and debut single can become big in thoery i guess!

pz

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2008, 10:44:08 AM »
damn cats still hatin bishop
hes the truth
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
^^^i aint seeing no hate homie, just people who still aint totally convinced by him yet...everyone seems to be giving him a chance though due to his connections etc

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
nah im jus sayin cats are still hatin on him
I mean why hate on someone who is lyrically one of the best, he does his thing, he releases muzik (he releases muzik, others should be hated on for not releasin muzik, he does)

^^^i aint seeing no hate homie, just people who still aint totally convinced by him yet...everyone seems to be giving him a chance though due to his connections etc
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

englishvocabullaryinuse

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
The Hummer was called "the biggest, baddest SUV on the planent". Doesn't mean that I would ever buy one.

I'm not going to say that Bishop is Gay, or wack, or a bitch etc. etc. He's a MC, like the other 45,000,000  MCs in the world. He just happen to have slightly above average skills and Dr. Dre behind him.

With that being said,  I heard his music and saw his videos.  I SIMPLY DON'T LIKE HIM OR HIS STYLE. I think he is immature and don't take him or his work seriously. We are all entitled to our own opinion and that's mine. 

P.S. FRANCE VS ITALY TONIGHT !!!!

D-Stress

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »
Ur Most Deff Not Tha Only 1... I'm Wit U G...
He Ain't Whack, But Then Again IMO, He Ain't Supa Dope Either...

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
but bishop IMO is definitely above average ; he often has dope wordplay, has some funny/original concepts, it's just that his flow needs work.
thankfully he has made progression with that, when comparing his latest street album with older material.

Yeah, I agree, I think he's better than 50 as an MC for sure, and quite a bit better than Game... though I don't think he's anywhere near an Eminem or a Crooked I.... but like I said, he really doesn't need to be, there is no bigger producer and label than Dre and Aftermath in HipHop, they have the biggest selling dudes in Em and 50 and Dre, so just those people being involved will make it sell, and they will push it hard I think if they actually release his album

I remember when In Da Club dropped, dudes was saying it wasn't very catchy, the beat was kind of hard to latch onto, etc... but it didn't matter, you had Dre and Em behind him and in the video, the track was played enough on TV and radio so people wanted to like it from the the jump because of Dre/Em and it got into peoples heads after that. So as long as a first Bishop single has a reasonably good Dre beat, maybe Dre in the video and is played all day every day because its the official new shit from Dre's new protege, then I think he can't go wrong

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »

Yeah, I agree, I think he's better than 50 as an MC for sure, and quite a bit better than Game... though I don't think he's anywhere near an Eminem or a Crooked I.... but like I said, he really doesn't need to be, there is no bigger producer and label than Dre and Aftermath in HipHop, they have the biggest selling dudes in Em and 50 and Dre, so just those people being involved will make it sell, and they will push it hard I think if they actually release his album

I remember when In Da Club dropped, dudes was saying it wasn't very catchy, the beat was kind of hard to latch onto, etc... but it didn't matter, you had Dre and Em behind him and in the video, the track was played enough on TV and radio so people wanted to like it from the the jump because of Dre/Em and it got into peoples heads after that. So as long as a first Bishop single has a reasonably good Dre beat, maybe Dre in the video and is played all day every day because its the official new shit from Dre's new protege, then I think he can't go wrong

Are you saying that da club aint very good a joint or dre track??! Homie i remember when it came out people did take a little minute to get used to it because everyone was used to dre hittin them with westcoast beats or eminem strange first singles and that was something different and fresh. The claps and 50 made that track what it is at the time. Dang everyone in the industry and they mommas jumped on that record. Without doubt havin the back up of dre and eminem is huge but when u drop heat with it, only then will you become a huge star.

Ask obie and stat who had just as much backing and time but didnt get the job done whereas 50 and dre made one of the best club hits in recent times with in da club. Shit that joint put some new fuel into hiphop at the time too and everyone was loving the beat once it caught on. In my opinion it is and will go down without doubt as one of dres betters beats in a collection of some amazing beats.

Im not even 50s biggest fan but he came good on his debut on aftermath, he was more complete an artist than game at the point in his career but since than game has continued to grow and make 2 very good quality albums whereas 50 apart from his debut has been nothin short of average to poor. I dont think game is an amazing lyricist but i dont think he is that different to bishop in terms of skills right now and is younger and nearly 3 albums deep. They aimed at different markets of hiphop in terms of how they image themselves but in terms of skills with a pen and paper i dont think bishop is that much better than game at all.

As for eminem, at his peak he was an amazing lyricist...but who knows what eminem we have today, the last time eminem could claim to be a lyricist was with eminem show...which im not a fan of but accept that he could still argue his pen back then...but whats...its been like 5 years since that dropped?...

I aint even arguing your points homie because i agree in general in what you are saying...but i really dont think bishop is at a level yet where we know how good he is as a lyricist...and that will only come when he drops his album...

He claims to be not gangster and lyrical...well his putting himself with the likes of nas etc in that sense and he'll never be close to that level so he just gotta make sure he is the best outta the newer cats...and stands out...does he? I dont know but like matty said, once we hear him on dre tracks and on his album, we'll learn everything we need to know about homie...he just better hurry up, nigga hittin 30...

I look forward to hearing his album tho...all the free music is appreciated but he gotta drop his album now! LETS HEAR THAT NIGGA! lol...

propz n pz!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »
nah im jus sayin cats are still hatin on him
I mean why hate on someone who is lyrically one of the best, he does his thing, he releases muzik (he releases muzik, others should be hated on for not releasin muzik, he does)

no doubt its great all the free music he drops and all one original beats but aot of that is to do with him being on aftermath and gettin pushed liked crazy but that don't matter because he is still droppin some nice mixtapes of original music for free so no doubt, im with u on that.

As for being a great lyricist...im not convinced YET myself...i think he can spit...i really liked his flow and spit on donkey kong and track 14 on the pope mobile...so theres no doubt potential there...but lets see when his album drops...he has no excuses, he made hundreds of track etc...but dont worry i'm sure his debut will be heated ;-)

pz