Author Topic: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT  (Read 5944 times)

westrisingagain

• Lil Geezy
Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
my favorite song is its bishop. everything after that has not matched the hype. coming from somebody born and raised in carson. his shit doesnt appeal to me. but its bishop is one of the best tracks ive ever heard

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »
Are you saying that da club aint very good a joint or dre track??! Homie i remember when it came out people did take a little minute to get used to it because everyone was used to dre hittin them with westcoast beats or eminem strange first singles and that was something different and fresh. The claps and 50 made that track what it is at the time. Dang everyone in the industry and they mommas jumped on that record. Without doubt havin the back up of dre and eminem is huge but when u drop heat with it, only then will you become a huge star.

Sure, it's a great track, but like you said, it took a minute for it to sink in, it's not obviously catchy (which is why it's dope IMO). 50 was on a roll, everyone knew about him signing to Dre/Em for like a mill, he was all over the magazines, he had just had the Wanksta track blow up, so then they put out a video with him, Dre, Em and boom, it was always going to work, they timed it all correctly and the track was hot not doubt, but I don't think the track would have blown up like that on it's own

Ask obie and stat who had just as much backing and time but didnt get the job done whereas 50 and dre made one of the best club hits in recent times with in da club. Shit that joint put some new fuel into hiphop at the time too and everyone was loving the beat once it caught on. In my opinion it is and will go down without doubt as one of dres betters beats in a collection of some amazing beats.

Obie and Stat were different though, Stat has got a lot of exposure, but he never had a video yet, and you don't see him in photos sitting next to Dre on a car (like they had with Game) in magazines all over the place and it's not in everyone's face... most people in the general public had heard about a new guy called 50 Cent before he dropped, it was everywhere, Stat has had nowhere near the same kind of push

Same with Obie, but Obie is more Eminem's artist, so its not under Dre's control on that one. Em did some clever shit like drop Obie's name at the beginning of that single he had, but Obie was never gonna sell huge even if he had the In Da Club beat... IMO The Set Up had a better beat... Obie only has being a good lyricist going for him, which has never sold records to the general public, they don't care about a lyricist.... he doesn't have the hard-ass gangsta image, he doesn't look different in any way, he doesn't have a crazy back-story like being shot, he doesn't have a memorable name... so from a marketing standpoint Obie was always a hard sell compared to Em, 50 and Game

As for eminem, at his peak he was an amazing lyricist...but who knows what eminem we have today, the last time eminem could claim to be a lyricist was with eminem show...which im not a fan of but accept that he could still argue his pen back then...but whats...its been like 5 years since that dropped?...

I know people weren't feeling Em's last album, but that shit had CRAZY flows and rhyme patterns on some of it... I think most people were just turned off by the content which was very jokey and him messing around (though it did have some political stuff on there, so it had some different things on it)

I aint even arguing your points homie because i agree in general in what you are saying...but i really dont think bishop is at a level yet where we know how good he is as a lyricist...and that will only come when he drops his album...

He claims to be not gangster and lyrical...well his putting himself with the likes of nas etc in that sense and he'll never be close to that level so he just gotta make sure he is the best outta the newer cats...and stands out...does he? I dont know but like matty said, once we hear him on dre tracks and on his album, we'll learn everything we need to know about homie...he just better hurry up, nigga hittin 30...

I think if he has Dre beats, some hot guest appearances, a big video with famous dudes in it and hits the publicity shit hard in some magazines and online and drops his shit and everyone suddenly knows Dre's new protege is dropping, then it will do well regardless. I think he has the look and the personality to appeal to a lot of people, whether is rhyming is on point or not. In fact it helps if he's not lyrical in terms of sales, otherwise he'll go over most peoples' heads

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:59 AM »
Are you saying that da club aint very good a joint or dre track??! Homie i remember when it came out people did take a little minute to get used to it because everyone was used to dre hittin them with westcoast beats or eminem strange first singles and that was something different and fresh. The claps and 50 made that track what it is at the time. Dang everyone in the industry and they mommas jumped on that record. Without doubt havin the back up of dre and eminem is huge but when u drop heat with it, only then will you become a huge star.

Sure, it's a great track, but like you said, it took a minute for it to sink in, it's not obviously catchy (which is why it's dope IMO). 50 was on a roll, everyone knew about him signing to Dre/Em for like a mill, he was all over the magazines, he had just had the Wanksta track blow up, so then they put out a video with him, Dre, Em and boom, it was always going to work, they timed it all correctly and the track was hot not doubt, but I don't think the track would have blown up like that on it's own

Ask obie and stat who had just as much backing and time but didnt get the job done whereas 50 and dre made one of the best club hits in recent times with in da club. Shit that joint put some new fuel into hiphop at the time too and everyone was loving the beat once it caught on. In my opinion it is and will go down without doubt as one of dres betters beats in a collection of some amazing beats.

Obie and Stat were different though, Stat has got a lot of exposure, but he never had a video yet, and you don't see him in photos sitting next to Dre on a car (like they had with Game) in magazines all over the place and it's not in everyone's face... most people in the general public had heard about a new guy called 50 Cent before he dropped, it was everywhere, Stat has had nowhere near the same kind of push

Same with Obie, but Obie is more Eminem's artist, so its not under Dre's control on that one. Em did some clever shit like drop Obie's name at the beginning of that single he had, but Obie was never gonna sell huge even if he had the In Da Club beat... IMO The Set Up had a better beat... Obie only has being a good lyricist going for him, which has never sold records to the general public, they don't care about a lyricist.... he doesn't have the hard-ass gangsta image, he doesn't look different in any way, he doesn't have a crazy back-story like being shot, he doesn't have a memorable name... so from a marketing standpoint Obie was always a hard sell compared to Em, 50 and Game

As for eminem, at his peak he was an amazing lyricist...but who knows what eminem we have today, the last time eminem could claim to be a lyricist was with eminem show...which im not a fan of but accept that he could still argue his pen back then...but whats...its been like 5 years since that dropped?...

I know people weren't feeling Em's last album, but that shit had CRAZY flows and rhyme patterns on some of it... I think most people were just turned off by the content which was very jokey and him messing around (though it did have some political stuff on there, so it had some different things on it)

I aint even arguing your points homie because i agree in general in what you are saying...but i really dont think bishop is at a level yet where we know how good he is as a lyricist...and that will only come when he drops his album...

He claims to be not gangster and lyrical...well his putting himself with the likes of nas etc in that sense and he'll never be close to that level so he just gotta make sure he is the best outta the newer cats...and stands out...does he? I dont know but like matty said, once we hear him on dre tracks and on his album, we'll learn everything we need to know about homie...he just better hurry up, nigga hittin 30...

I think if he has Dre beats, some hot guest appearances, a big video with famous dudes in it and hits the publicity shit hard in some magazines and online and drops his shit and everyone suddenly knows Dre's new protege is dropping, then it will do well regardless. I think he has the look and the personality to appeal to a lot of people, whether is rhyming is on point or not. In fact it helps if he's not lyrical in terms of sales, otherwise he'll go over most peoples' heads

props on the reply, good post.

Agree with it pretty much. I think 50 was without doubt on fire when he made in da club, its just one of them classics that just happen...everything gotta be right for it to happen and it happened with 50 and dre at that time.

Obie i think was handled really really bad by eminem in how they marketed him. I am totally in agreement with you about the setup beat being a straight up banger...one my fav beats still to this day! BUT obie just didnt do justice on those dre beats he gave obie imo and eminem made him release the wrong track as first single...got some teeth would have got a pass if eminem did it as first single but for obie...being black, he gotta appeal to his own people first and i know being black, that when that came out, alot of people were put off him because got some teeth aint nothing a nigga should be puttin out feel me? lol

I think encore is competely wack,  every sense...possibly the worst release of a big cat artist in a long time and i think most will agree with this but if you like it, thats kool.

And yeh if bishop is pushed right he should do well, but he better make sure that first single is heated!

pz  n propz

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »
nah dat nigga is wack

Blow Out the Candle of the Devil

• 'G'
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »
nah dat nigga is wack

Scoldie

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »
Bishop is more of an 8/10 rapper for me... He just needs that one big hit or one track that gives him his identity to get him over that hump.  The first track i ever heard from his was Milf... That Track was bangin as fuck cuz nobody really had a track that was just about bangin sum dudes mom.  Karmasutra was tyte, n so was Do It...

When he got on that J Wells shit, thats when i became an official fan of his... Everything after that has been great, but dont get it twisted not all of his shit was great.  I still have a hard time gettin into N-gger Noize, and Caltroit is a 6/10 at best for me... Im not really feelin Pope Mobile at all, but the confessional IMO, is on Par with The Documentry....

I know thats a bold statement, but remember Game had a whole lot of buzz before aftermath, and so did Bishop, but with Bishop not claimin to a gangsta, it makes it tougher to reach fans who arent use to hearing a westcoast rapper not claiming shit...  Ras Kass doesnt get a lot of props except for in the west and Bishop is gonna be the same way til he blows up...

But for me, If Bishop were a football player, he would be Marshall Faulk.. Hes Good in the beginning, but he needs that one thing to Make him Great... In this case, he needs the Reformation to be great instea of very good

grime

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
i ain't thinkin he is wack or shit like that but i think they are a lot of rapper that's better than bishop..

DONT FRONT BISHOP KILLZ IT AND HE DOING THINGS.. U PROB ON LISTEN TO LIKE ONE TRACK FOR 5 SEC... THAT FOOL HAS SKILL..  THERE MANY GOOD MCS IN LA, SOME PROB SKILLS ARE BETTER BUT THEY AINT DOING SHIT.. 

Chad Vader

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:01 AM »
I´ve asked myself lately does Bishop have what it takes to be a solo artist under the Interscope umbrella?
Sure he can make some POP tunes to please Jimmy,but I can´t help to compare him to his peers Em,Busta and 50.
So would he better off in a group with for ex. Taje and Indef?

you don't mean as a group signed to aftermath right?

Why not?
But to be honest I don´t care where they´re signed.  :P
The only album Aftermath needs to drop is Detox,they can scrap all the other projects for all I care.
I would love to hear Taje featured on Detox though,as I actually like Taje´s style better than Bishop´s.  :P ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 05:37:43 AM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2008, 06:14:47 AM »
I´ve asked myself lately does Bishop have what it takes to be a solo artist under the Interscope umbrella?
Sure he can make some POP tunes to please Jimmy,but I can´t help to compare him to his peers Em,Busta and 50.

Why not?

do you think that the group would get more interest from interscope than bishop as a solo artist, then?

Chad Vader

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2008, 06:42:26 AM »

Why not?

do you think that the group would get more interest from interscope than bishop as a solo artist, then?

Nah,but I think they´re better off indy anyway.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2008, 02:22:21 AM »

yeah, a single post by UCC makes a lot more sense than your whole post archive   ;)

Brainiak

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2008, 09:24:36 AM »
Still Waitin' for CD or video clips I'm bored of his mixtapes

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
dude is trash. his rhymes are nothin' breathtakin'.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

O.B.L.R.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
being black, he gotta appeal to his own people first and i know being black,
that when that came out, alot of people were put off him because got some teeth aint nothing a nigga should be puttin out feel me?

do us all a favor and delete your account NOW

Still Waitin' for CD or video clips I'm bored of his mixtapes

yeah but his mixtapes shit on alot of albums that came out the last 2 years

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 02:55:11 PM »

yeah, a single post by UCC makes a lot more sense than your whole post archive   ;)

lol awww someones hurt