Author Topic: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT  (Read 5950 times)

Raine

• Lil Geezy
  • RAINE N LANE N KOKANE THE ALBUM OUT NOW!!!
Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
I thought Pope Mobile was great at addressing religion... it's from Bishop's point of view. That song about Jesus dodging the police and hanging with thugs is some real shit, because it's the truth, according to the gospels at least.

ok fair enough but to me its some real surface level (and sanctimonious) sh*t and nothing that aint been dones a million times before by a rapper. bishop has said in interviews that dre told him that he made him feel "uncomfortable". i have not heard anything edgy or new from bishop lamont just the same recycled rhetoric and politics that sound thought provoking on a first spin but when you scratch under the surface there is no real substance. just my opinion but i thnk he is actually a very intelligent dude who should be aiming to do a lot better. less volume more quality. i hope we hear that on an album from him.    

couldnt have said it better. and your last post too about him and g malone being more interesting in interviews. you basically summed up the whole damn thing. but understanding it wont make him shape up OR ship out.
ORDER RAINE n LANE n KOKANE THE ALBUM NOW AT

www.myspace.com/rainendem.

Shipping Worldwide

Psychotik

• 'G'
Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »
I ain't thinkin he is wack or shit like that but i think they are a lot of rapper that's better than bishop..

its alright man, you are not alone. BUT i have to disagree. Im feeling bishop. A lot of rappers better than bishop?
nah, i dont think so, maybe a handful but not a lot.
people like you is not feeling bishop because he doesnt appeal to the masses/mainstream as you would prefer like your favorite mainstream artists.

But the problem is, he's trying to take the role of a mainstream artist for the west. See? Thats where the problem lies.
He would be an ill ass underground backpack type artist. I dont think anybody on here really thinks he's "WAK".
But he aint built for the mainstream and thats what the west wants right now. Someone to take Snoops spot.
Bishop aint got that kind of music. He's more like a Warren G. tight, but should be playin a different role than Dres main artist.
Of course it makes it even worse when everybody wants to work with Dre and then they're lookin at Bishop like WTF? Make sense?

yes,it makes sense  ;)

Indeed it does, i guess. But Bishop can be that dude, anything is possible. He can make mainstream music but its a matter of when will he do it and of course he will and if/when he does some underground heads are not gonna like it. Believe me Bishop will Say Hi to the Mainstream
He can take the Kanye route and be somewhat conscious and controversial with several mainstream-type singles here and there.
Bishop knows whats up. It aint that hard. There are Some hatin ass idiots up here think Bishop is wack, i laughed at that shit and thinking to myself 'fucking dummies'.

Hell, when Snoop first came out, he was coming off hard core and then he just softens up and wants to be hard again.