Author Topic: The Year Roundup (Lets Do It Y'all!!)  (Read 597 times)

A-Zee

• Lil Geezy
Re: The Year Roundup (Lets Do It Y'all!!)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »
You missin out something crazy man... Twista's Adrenaline Rush 2007 album is fucking arguably the best album to come out this year... Chek it out and you tell me im wrong... Twista came HARD on this one...

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 10:14:05 AM »
You missin out something crazy man... Twista's Adrenaline Rush 2007 album is fucking arguably the best album to come out this year... Chek it out and you tell me im wrong... Twista came HARD on this one...
shit was wack if u ask me. twista tried 2 appeal 2 the mainstream WAY 2 much with this one
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Derika Deane

• Lil Geezy
  • "The I.E's Finest"
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »
I dropped this thread in here along with the outbound section since it relates to both coasts & and didn't want to miss anyone's opinion.

Iight y'all I know someone started a similar thread to this one, but it had a catch :P

What do y'all think were the top 10 BEST albums released this year?? If u can't even fill out ur list, don't worry bout it LOL :P

me, personally I got Np fillin my list out, and i'm even gon drop some knowledge on some albums that will just get cut from my list ;)

1. Chamillionaire - The Ultimate Victory - Hands down for me. Has "future classic" written all over it.
2. U.G.K - UnderGround Kingz - Same story as TUV. R.I.P. Pimp C, this album was the BEST possible way for U.G.K to end (still sad)
3. Lupe Fiasco - The Cool - still early, but i'm LOVIN it & #3 feels appropriate. Much better than his debut IMO
4. Kanye West - Graduation - Easily his best album so far. Every song is at least 4/5 for me besides barry bonds & drunk and hot girls.
5. WC - Guilty By Affiliation - Good album for HIS FANS. That's the best part bout it man, for his fans. Can't lose when that's you're strategy.
6. Common - Finding Forever - Simple: just another good, strong album by the chi-town legend.
7. Scarface - Made - Same case as Common, but the H-Town. A little short in length, and got a little weaker towards the middle-end.
8. Jay-Z - American Gangster - MUCH better than KC. Only songs from it that i ain't feelin are sweet, i know, say hello & the title track.
9. T.I. - T.I. Vs. T.I.P. - Just another solid disc from the king of the south. Here's to hopin it ain't his last as a free man.
10. Plies - The Real Testament - Great debut. Filled with bangers. Would be much higher on my list if it wasn't for so many songs that sound the same (friday + i am the club + money straight and goons lurkin + merkin season)

Great albums, but not good enough for the top 10:

50 Cent - Curtis - Think he dropped a good disc, better than the massacre. The WEAK club bangers on it (fire, peep show etc.) bring it down quite a bit though.
Beanie Sigel - The Solution - Flew under the radar a bit, but a solid disc. Best since his debut.
Butch Cassidy & Damizza - Back B4 You're Lonely - GREAT album. Unfortunately 10 ain't a whole lot, and this one just BARELY missed the list for me. Similar to WC's album in the way that it was STRICTLY for their already established fan base.
Cassidy - B.A.R.S - Also just barely missed the list. His best album so far. Replay value a bit of a problem though.
Freeway - Free At Last - Same story as Sigel's album.
DJ Drama - Gangsta Grillz: The Album - GREAT disc. Best DJ released album this year. Would easily be in my top 10 if it wasn't for the last few songs on the album.
J.Wells & Kurupt - Digital Smoke - GREAT beats. Lyrics were a bit of a problem though, Wells isn't fantastic, and Kurupt was so-so.
Talib Kweli - Ear Drum - Solid, just not solid enough for the top 10.
DPG - Dogg Chit - Their best album in a while.
Trae - Life Goes On -This H-Town legend stays consistent.

Slept On Albums

Boyz N Da Hood - Back Up N Da Chevy - Solid disc. MUCH better than their debut. Got some bangers on there.
Kurupt Presents: Tangled Thoughts - Philly 2 Cali - Solid album. Can't wait for their follow-up. Came close to making my top 10.
Nappy Roots - Inner State Music - Slept on because it was a internet release only. Another banger from these country boys.
Strong Arm Steady - Deep Hearted - Too bad they ain't with X no more. waited a long time for the debut and it was worth it.

Best Debut Album

Joell Ortiz - The Brick-Bodega Chronicles - Great album. Good setup for (here's hopin) his aftermath debut.

Over-Rated Album Of The Year

Devin The Dude - Waitin To Inhale - Probably gon catch some heat for it, but it was. Devin is GREAT, but he can do better.

Street Album/Mixtape Appreciation

Baby Down - Pushin a Cold Line - Great tape. Props to Styles and raptalk for this drop!!
Bishop Lamont - N*gger Noise - Classic. That's all i gotta say lol.
Bishop Lamont & Black Milk - Caltroit About just as good as N*gger Noise. That says a lot.
G. Malone - The Electric Chair - Damn good tape.
Meech Wells Presents: The New West Order -Lookin forward to many more of these!!
Saigon - The Moral Of The Story - Damn good setup for his debut. Hope it FINALLY drops.
Ray Cash - The Feds Are In Town -Great follow-up to what was a great debut LP last year. Lookin forward to his sophomore effort.
Taje - Hot Box 2 -Just as good, if not better as hot box 1.
Terrace Martin - Signal Flow - Best new producer on the scene. Can't wait for his major label debut.

Special appreciation goes to Crooked I for the hip-hop weekly series, it's been fantastic!!. Great of him to give away all them RIDICULOUSLY dope verses for free. Still waitin for the album, but we do have 2 albums filled with dope verses from him

I know there's TONS i missed and slept on (wu-tang, ghostface, blu & exile etc.) To be honest with y'all, i just don't feel ghostface style (here comes the haters). Im'a wait until I do the Wu-Tang discography to hear 8 diagrams & just haven't found the time to hear blu & exile, but i def. will.

The year ain't over yet though, Pope Mobile droppin on x-mas & that young rook & tone p tape!!

drop ya thoughts...

I'd have to say.....
Meech Wells Presents..."The New West World Order"
U.G.K - UnderGround Kingz
Kanye West - Graduation
Scarface- Scarface Made
Ya Boy- Optimus Rime
Saigon- The moral of the story
"I carry that name and that title!!!" Don't hate get down with the team!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 09:57:49 PM »
shit was wack if u ask me. twista tried 2 appeal 2 the mainstream WAY 2 much with this one