Author Topic: I don't understand the hate on the Fixxers  (Read 580 times)

Al Bundy

Re: I don't understand the hate on the Fixxers
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »
come on fuck the Fixxers
DJ Quik can't do that fuckin minimalistic sound , hes the Funky producer , Funk Man , his music was and is that kind of music full of great sounds, Rhytmalism is an example and...He cant raps like an idiot like on "Can You Work With That"

I think you're stuck in the past and you should let it go. IMO I like the beats on the album and how Quik didn't sound corny at all on the bootleg. Hell AMG was tight on it also.

Rhythm-al-ism came out a long time ago and things have changed.
I'm liking the bootleg too, it's not THAT different than what Quik has been doing the past few years, it's just a little more modern sounding.  at the same time, it's really experimental music, and something i don't think someone can write off after one listen.

BTW Bundy, what happened to that asian kid dancing in your avatar? that shit was hilarious, do you have a link to that gif?

I got you on the PM.  8)

DJSpin

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
My rundown on Midnight Life

1.) Offshore Flow

I'm fuckin with the same bootleg as yall. The quality sucks but the song itself is bangin! This is that old Quik that most of you want. I would give this a 4/5

2.) Off Da Hook (feat. Twista)

Very catchy club track. Quiks flow on this track is crazy.. hell he out Twista Twista! Wish this track had more bass. Could see the ladies going crazy to this track if it was released as a single. 3.75/5

3.) Sippi Sippi

Would LOVE this track in CDQ. AMG straight gets to work on those bitches. Hook is alright. Quiks verse was as good as AMG. 4/5

4.) So Good (feat. Rich Boy)

The beat is very out of the ordinary but I still like it. Most Quik fans would be like "what the fuck is this?" but i'm not really trippin over it. Hook is dope and beat is bangin. Would be a good single 3/5

5.) Doe

One of my favorite tracks on the album for sure. It's on some pop, lock, and drop it. I expect all the freaks in the club to go crazy to this shit. 4/5

6.) Worldwide Aim

Futuristic pimp shit. This is going to be on alot of mix cds. Gets a little repetitive. 3/5

7.) Smoke II Much

D O P E. First track that I think deserves a 5/5. Need this shit in CDQ for fucking sure. 5/5

8.) Middle

I skip this track. Hate it. 1/5

9.) Winning

I skip this track also. 1/5

10.) Can U Werk Wit Dat (Remix) (feat. Jim Jones)

Remix to the club hit. I like the original better. 2/5

11.) Can U Werk Wit Dat

This shit fucked up the clubs. All the bitches I know have this on their iPod. Didn't really like it at first but it's cool. 3/5

So basically this is a CLUB record. Quit rating it with these unwritten rules that it has to be all produced by quik and ghost written by rakim. it's purpose was for fun club music and it does it's job.

bundy i agree with you..i like the album alot...   your synopsis is pretty on point..but i gotta say i like Winning alot..the verses are hot..and the bass is nuts in this song

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »
Smoke 2 Much is good after a second listen. "So Good" should be called "So Shitty". Sounds like something by Swizz Beats (the worst producer on the planet.)

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »
wait they canceled releasing it?

Al Bundy

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
wait they canceled releasing it?

yeah quik announced it on a myspace bulliten.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
it was straight

nothin special, not as bad as most are saying

i rather have the old quik as much as the next guy though. but i think the "hate" this is getting is mostly from life-long quik fans who are shocked and appalled to hear somethin a lil different from him.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BIG SB

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
someone shoot me a link

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
There's def. some cavi shit on this Fixxers bootleg. Honestly, I love "So Good". The hook gets me(although the beat teeters on annoyingness). "Offshore Flow", "Worldwide", "Smoke II Much", and "Winning" were dope, too. Can't complain for somethin' I got for free, LOL.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »
come on fuck the Fixxers
DJ Quik can't do that fuckin minimalistic sound , hes the Funky producer , Funk Man , his music was and is that kind of music full of great sounds, Rhytmalism is an example and...He cant raps like an idiot like on "Can You Work With That"

i agree

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 06:51:46 PM »
If the quality was better and shit was finished it would been a decent album. The bootleg is not complete or anything, its all fucked up

Too bad...

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »
If the quality was better and shit was finished it would been a decent album. The bootleg is not complete or anything, its all fucked up

Too bad...

True that. I would of paid 10 bucks for a finished product