Author Topic: Yeh Thats Normal..But That Aint..And Yep Thats Weird  (Read 218 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeh Thats Normal..But That Aint..And Yep Thats Weird
« on: December 28, 2007, 08:47:16 AM »
what is normal and whats weird? ..whose one to decide whatl is..and whats weirder in comparison to normal 'weirdness'.... IMO it hard to identify what is becos its a variable that changes with different cultures, different mindsets and different times i.e 30 years ago gay marriage would be weird and now it's normal(which is still fucked up).....

Do you think you are weird or do things which you think are socially unnacceptable in the society that you live in?... That can be an indication of one self worth or opinion of themselves, whether a person is happy with the way they are....or whether there happiness is dependant on other peoples opinions of them..

If you think that you are weird, is that a indication of you accepting the way you are and aknowleding that you are not like 'everyone else' or majority of people or is that a sign that you think you don't fit into society? Is that in other words a affirmation that you're an outcast?

There's also an issue where you differentiate yourself from other people as part of a competitiveness but at which point does that differentiation become abnormality? And who says that, that is abnormal?

Do u just call something weird cos u think its different from the normal? Or in otherwords in your own eyes, everyone is weird but yourself.... See to yourself what you do is 'normal' and what you have the capacity to accept through your upbringing and the society that you live in; is normal.... But everything else is abnormal....

To me I think I'm a bit weird, and I couldn't care less TBH...

Elevz

Re: Yeh Thats Normal..But That Aint..And Yep Thats Weird
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:15:46 AM »
The thread title. That's what I call weird.

Seriously though, everything that's conforming existing standards is the opposite of weird. Therefore, all that differs from what's expected can be considered weird. I believe there's gradations though. I find that there's a huge difference between weird, odd and abnormal. There isn't really a short way to put exactly what's normal and what's not. Culture is a subjective phenomenon, as you already mentioned.

I believe I'm somewhat odd. I wouldn't call myself weird though, but I am very explicit. It's a part of knowing who I am and being confident about that. You need that in an individualistic society though, because you have nothing else to keep your back straight. I guess it's be weird or don't be at all.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 04:12:14 PM »
u consider gay marriage normal.........

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »

Of course YOU do.

But you guys should watch that show Taboo on the National Geographic Channel. Whatever is weird in some cultures is considered normal in others.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
There is no such thing as normal. It is a subject of societies views, which are molded by the media outlets.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
^ yup

Society determines what's normal. It was normal to enslave people hundreds of years ago. Now it's not. Who knows what will be normal by 500 years from now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 06:54:42 AM »
what is normal and whats weird? ..whose one to decide whatl is..and whats weirder in comparison to normal 'weirdness'.... IMO it hard to identify what is becos its a variable that changes with different cultures, different mindsets and different times i.e 30 years ago gay marriage would be weird and now it's normal(which is still fucked up).....

Do you think you are weird or do things which you think are socially unnacceptable in the society that you live in?... That can be an indication of one self worth or opinion of themselves, whether a person is happy with the way they are....or whether there happiness is dependant on other peoples opinions of them..

If you think that you are weird, is that a indication of you accepting the way you are and aknowleding that you are not like 'everyone else' or majority of people or is that a sign that you think you don't fit into society? Is that in other words a affirmation that you're an outcast?

There's also an issue where you differentiate yourself from other people as part of a competitiveness but at which point does that differentiation become abnormality? And who says that, that is abnormal?

Do u just call something weird cos u think its different from the normal? Or in otherwords in your own eyes, everyone is weird but yourself.... See to yourself what you do is 'normal' and what you have the capacity to accept through your upbringing and the society that you live in; is normal.... But everything else is abnormal....

To me I think I'm a bit weird, and I couldn't care less TBH...

weirdness is defined as different from the norm and Normal is defined as the status quo.  It's pretty easy to determine what's weird, if most people don't do it, than it's weird.  What's normal is what most people do.  You're probably not weird, you just think you are.  That's not weird either. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
There is no such thing as normal. It is a subject of societies views, which are molded by the media outlets.

perfect words

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
lol at this gay ass nigga

Da818Pn0YgAnGztaA

• Lil Geezy
  • Ya d0 noT WaNt iT!!@@!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »

WOW. tHaT NIGgA IS a FUkN ChINeSE FrUItY FOrTUnE CoOKIe.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 01:02:20 AM »

WOW. tHaT NIGgA IS a FUkN ChINeSE FrUItY FOrTUnE CoOKIe.

ur hott