Poll

Whos Your Pick?

Snoop Dogg
24 (36.9%)
Ice Cube
41 (63.1%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ice Cube vs Snoop Dogg  (Read 1179 times)

Re: Ice Cube vs Snoop Dogg
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:54 AM »
Ice cube set that whole gangsta rap thing for everyone. Snoop had a better first album IMO. So i gotta say Snoop.

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »
Cube fa show! I mean the last 2 posts ago comparing everything is almost all rite,Snoop d-r era thoe as a whole with they whole camp over cube's late mid 90's era.however ya'll know even thoe Cube keeping it hiphop that Snoop will get tha sales. Unless we smell a return to everyone buying real hiphop again, however tha top 40's are looking to keep not playing real hiphop.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

myman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »
snoop but barely
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:13:18 AM by myman »

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted-->Lethal Injection >>> Snoop Doggy Dogg's Death Row Era
Westside Connection--> >>> Tha Eastsidaz & 213
The War Disc/Peace Disc >>> Snoop's No Limit Era

Laugh Now, Cry later >>> Blue Carpet Treatment

thats your opinion but I strongly dissagree with ya bro....Snoop Doggy Dogg, Death Row Snoop = Best Rapper of all Time IMO
Snoops No Limit Era is far superior to Cube making War & Peace....Top Dogg & Last Meal outshine War & Peace by miles
WSC vs Eastsidaz is close but you can argue that both Bow Down and the first Eastsidaz album are both westcoast classics
LNCL is about equal to TBCT, but not superior IMO.....BCT has better songs on the album

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »
love both, but cube is the goat.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

westsiderider323

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
both r up thur in my top 5 but i gotta go wit Ice Cube cuz hes alwayz raw

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 10:09:51 AM »
this is no contest...ice cube always

cantoms

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »

[/quote]
thats your opinion but I strongly dissagree with ya bro....Snoop Doggy Dogg, Death Row Snoop = Best Rapper of all Time IMO
Snoops No Limit Era is far superior to Cube making War & Peace....Top Dogg & Last Meal outshine War & Peace by miles
WSC vs Eastsidaz is close but you can argue that both Bow Down and the first Eastsidaz album are both westcoast classics
LNCL is about equal to TBCT, but not superior IMO.....BCT has better songs on the album
[/quote]

This is kind of the way I see things too, but Cube still takes it overall.   I really liked Top Dogg & Last Meal, so they're probably better than Cube's late 90's stuff.  Early stuff, definitely have to go with Cube.  Same thing with the new stuff: Paid Tha Cost, R&G, and BCT didn't do anything for me.  Laugh now was decent, and I'm looking forward to his new album dropping.   For me, it's tied with respect to the side projects....  I have to give Eastsidaz the slight edge on debut album, but Westside Connection's second album was much better than Eastsidaz's second (I can't even stand to put this album on anymore.) 

I always thought that Cube did better when making guest appearances (e.g., on Mack 10 or WC's albums.)  Lately Snoop has been pretty boring.  Cali iz Active was a horrible album and Snoop didn't help at all.  Daz and Kurupt redeemed themselves by doing a good Dogg Chit album without Snoop.  Lastly, some of Snoop's worst appearances were on the Big Squeeze compilation.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
and the way it's sounding after the first singles, it might be
Raw Footage >>> Ego trippin' ?

waitin on these two albums. i wonder what snoop and cube gonna come with this time around.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »
too hard to call for me. There both good in there own right.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »
C'mon Cube nigga , that nigga was raw back in the day straight serving nigga. non stopp getting at them devils.

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »
WC didnt get mainstream or really noticed until he fucced wit cube! West Side Connect Gang!

I don't know the whole history but it seems to me that WC brought himself in the game with low profile and the maad circle...

Snoop all day! His death row period can't be touched.
In addition he is pushing up west upcoming talents whereas Cube only work for himself (no disrespect tho)
And in terms of worldwide popularity anyone knows Snoop because he is able to cross the fronteers and show different musical aspects.

I guess people already forgot about...
The new people Cube brought into the game since his start and then their spawn's
Like Hoo-Bangin' ect. (Cube brought in alot of talent in his time)

Da lennch Mob
Yo-Yo
K-Dee
Kam
Kausion
WC
Mack 10
Mr. Short Khop
ect...

Cube did his work

Outrageous Distribution

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »
I dont know how people cant call this one. Snoop gets his props but Cube was NWA he wrote all of eazy's dam lyrics when he was on ruthless. Cube is the originator of what snoop represents. Cube is a fuccin legend. I started this gangsta shit and this the muthafuccin thanks I get!! Hello

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »
nat turner why you always mentioning devils all the time? ....Everytime I read one of your posts you banging on about devils this and devils that........have you been racially or sexually abused by a white person or something?

C'mon Cube nigga , that nigga was raw back in the day straight serving nigga. non stopp getting at them devils.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 01:55:02 AM »
Also how can you look up to someone like Nat Turner ? He cited the killing of innocent women and children and because of of his actions close to 200 innocent black people were executed ??