Author Topic: All Hip-Hop: Detox Will Come Out In June This Year  (Read 1017 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
All Hip-Hop: Detox Will Come Out In June This Year
« on: January 05, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »
Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine To Announce New Product At CES Show
Published Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:38 AM

Legendary producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine will announce the debut of Monster Cable's latest product at a press conference tomorrow (January 6) in Las Vegas.

Dr. Dre is expected to reveal the details about a new product tomorrow during the press conference, which will take place at the Venetian Hotel at 3 p.m.

The press conference and announcement has been incorporated into this years Consumer Electronics Show.

In addition to the press conference with Dr. Dre, Monster Cable will also host a number of other events at the Consumer Electronics Show, including the Monster Retail Awards and a Monster Concert featuring Mary J. Blige, and more.

Monster Cable was founded in 1979 by Noel Lee and has quickly become the world's leading manufacturer of high performance cables.

The company also offers a number of products for home theater and audio, amplifiers, computers, mobile devices, and much more.

Monster Cable's 4,000 products are sold in over 80 countries across the world.

Dr. Dre’s Detox album is scheduled to hit stores sometime in June.

In related news, Dr. Dre’s daughter Manaj will also make an appearance at the CES show this year, promoting TM Media Group’s new online video and collectible card game, Street Cred.

Manaj, 23, is also the first Hip-Hop artist signed to TM Media’s new Hip-Hop imprint and is planning to release a full-length DVD titled Daddy’s Shadow.

According to a press release, the DVD centers around Manaj’s quest to "break into the music industry despite her legendary multi-millionaire father’s objections and lack of support."

Daddy’s Shadow is slated for a Spring 2008 release.

For more information on Monster Cable and their events at the Consumer Electronics show visit www.monstercable.com.

Source-allhiphop

Lunatic

Re: All Hip-Hop: Detox Will Come Out In June This Year
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
interesting.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:34:30 PM »
Looks like Game will push his record back, if i was him tho id release it in spring. Either way i think this could hurt him.

messi19

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »
So he's basically goin to discuss the whole project to a group of people? Man, i hope this is true cuz there's to much speculation about it. I better hear some news about it tomorrow when i log on.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
So he's basically goin to discuss the whole project to a group of people? Man, i hope this is true cuz there's to much speculation about it. I better hear some news about it tomorrow when i log on.
I don't think "Detox" is the project that he's discussing at that show bro. I think it's totally something seperate. They just brought Detox up in the article because the article itself was surrounding Dre.

messi19

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 01:39:28 PM »
Looks like Game will push his record back, if i was him tho id release it in spring. Either way i think this could hurt him.

Exactly, this is what i thought when i first heard it. I think if he's featured on Detox, then he should push it back. If not, push it forward to like April. Cuz i mean u can't tell me he's goin to push it all the way back to October/November and all that cuz that will only ruin his shit if he isn't featured on Detox. Cuz Detox will give him some hype and people will miss hearin a album from him and then baaaam, he releases it 1-2 months after. Other than that its just stupid releasin his 3rd album after like 2 years and expect to do good. And when u think about it, its a looooong time before we even get to the last quarter so this is what i think.

messi19

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
I don't think "Detox" is the project that he's discussing at that show bro. I think it's totally something seperate. They just brought Detox up in the article because the article itself was surrounding Dre.

Ohh, aiight. Damn wanted to hear some news bout it. Didn't read the entire thing.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »

Ohh, aiight. Damn wanted to hear some news bout it. Didn't read the entire thing.
Oh please believe, I'm right there with ya.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »
It's just a press conference about a new product for Monster. I got an invitation the other day. If I finally get over this flu, I will go tomorrow. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
It's just a press conference about a new product for Monster. I got an invitation the other day. If I finally get over this flu, I will go tomorrow. 
yeah the press conference itself has nothing to do with "Detox", but I was just pointing out the bolded portion above where All Hip-Hop says it will come out in June. Figured that might an interesting tidbit that would raise an eyebrow or two over here :)

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »
GAME AINT GONNA PUSH NOTHING BACK . . HOW MUCH YOU THINK DR DRE GONNA SELL  . .HE AINT GONNA BE DOING GAMES FIRST WEEK NUMBERS IN HIS SECOND WEEK - PLUS ITS OBVIOUS THAT THERE GOING TO RELEASE THEM BOTH IN JUNE ON PURPOSE OR JIMMY WOULDNT LET GAME RELEASE IT AT THE SAME TIME . .ITS GOING TO GET THEM BOTH PUBLICITY . . AND HOPEFULLY IF GAME HAS DRE OR DRE HAS GAME ON ALBUM/SINGLE THEN IT WILL CREATE AN EVEN BIGGER BUZZ FOR BOTH ALBUMS -AND IT WILL BE ONE GREAT MONTH FOR THE WEST COAST

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
GAME AINT GONNA PUSH NOTHING BACK . . HOW MUCH YOU THINK DR DRE GONNA SELL  . .HE AINT GONNA BE DOING GAMES FIRST WEEK NUMBERS IN HIS SECOND WEEK - PLUS ITS OBVIOUS THAT THERE GOING TO RELEASE THEM BOTH IN JUNE ON PURPOSE OR JIMMY WOULDNT LET GAME RELEASE IT AT THE SAME TIME . .ITS GOING TO GET THEM BOTH PUBLICITY . . AND HOPEFULLY IF GAME HAS DRE OR DRE HAS GAME ON ALBUM/SINGLE THEN IT WILL CREATE AN EVEN BIGGER BUZZ FOR BOTH ALBUMS -AND IT WILL BE ONE GREAT MONTH FOR THE WEST COAST
I'm not tryin to hate at all or come off as negative bro, but you think that Game is going to do bigger numbers than Dre? Game is in my top 3 favorite rappers, but there's no way that Game is doing more his 1st week than Dr. Dre. Kanye got real close to going platnium his 1st week, but I think that Dre will be the one to do it.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
"Dr. Dre’s Detox album is scheduled to hit stores sometime in June."

Okay..

Props for the info anyway

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
I'm not tryin to hate at all or come off as negative bro, but you think that Game is going to do bigger numbers than Dre? Game is in my top 3 favorite rappers, but there's no way that Game is doing more his 1st week than Dr. Dre. Kanye got real close to going platnium his 1st week, but I think that Dre will be the one to do it.
'

no where did i mention that game would outselll dre,  . . but your an idiot if you think dre is going to do a mill first week . .the only reason kanye did it was because he appeals to a bigger market and everybody wanted him to win the whole Vs 50 cent thing . .dre wont do more then 600k first week

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

D~Nice

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
I will believe it once a single hits radio and tv. All talk right now up to this point.