Author Topic: Any Outkast fans over here?  (Read 314 times)

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Any Outkast fans over here?
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:59:26 PM »
I know there are quite a few Down South rap fans on this forum, and Isee names like Cham, UGK, Lil' Wayne come up . However, I've rarely seen Outkast's name come up. Niow, those guys are legends for sure. I mean, I know many guys don't feel Outkast as much as they used to since Andre started singing on his album and dressing like a fuckin' fag (sorry Dre), but hey, don't forget that everything they did untill "Stankonia" (including) was a straight classic. And Speakerboxx/The Love bellow DID go diamond!! (one of the very few rap albums to do that).
I mean songs like "Liberation", "Jazzy Belle", "Git Up and Git Out", "Ain't No Thang", "Atliens", "Player's Ball" and many more are legendary.
So drop some love on that group, if you are a fan.

D~Nice

Re: Any Outkast fans over here?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »
FO SHO MAN. Hell yeah I am a Outkast fan. I think alot of people are not talking about them because it has been a minute since they dropped a official album. But yeah they have some classics. One of the most consistent groups of all time IMO

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
yeah im a huge fan of most of their music the old stuff and the later stuff big boi and 3000

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
Got a homie who's a HUGE fan. I haven't heard enough of them 2 be a big fan, but i have loved what i heard. i will be doing their discography soon enough and dropping a thread on here. i'm sure i'll enjoy it quite a bit (no homo)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »
yeah probably the most consistent rap group ever and one of my favs, so many classic songs by Outkast, you should own their whole catalogue

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:49 PM »
I'm a huge Outkast fan. They're my favorite group. I like everything they did except Idlewild (which I'll ignore since it was in part a soundtrack for a crappy ass movie).

Aquemini is easily one in my top 5 if not top 3 favorite albums of all time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D~Nice

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
I'm a huge Outkast fan. They're my favorite group. I like everything they did except Idlewild (which I'll ignore since it was in part a soundtrack for a crappy ass movie).

Chonkyfire was the joint off that. One of the illest beats I have ever heard.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »

Yeah, great track. Return of the G, Spottieottiedopaliscious, Da Art of Storytellin, and Liberation are a few of my favorites, but I can listen to every track without skipping.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:37:03 PM »
Outkast is dope. Andre 3000's guest appearence of devin the dude's "what a job" gives me goosebumps everytime i listen to it.

D~Nice

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »

Yeah, great track. Return of the G, Spottieottiedopaliscious, Da Art of Storytellin, and Liberation are a few of my favorites, but I can listen to every track without skipping.

Yeah no filler on that one. I thought it was going to be difficult for them to top ATLiens at the time but they did it. And none of their albums sound like the other. All completely different sounds.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
Outkast is dope. Andre 3000's guest appearence of devin the dude's "what a job" gives me goosebumps everytime i listen to it.
yeah his verse was sick on that

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »
I know. Thats my favorite guest appearance by him.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »

yeh you know, the whole feel to "Spottieottiedopaliscious" is great, the sound of them trumpets in the beat always gets me going.. But for some reason ive always prefered ATLiens > Aquemini..

D~Nice

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
ATLiens was dope as fuck too.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
I love ATLiens. that shit is classic.

alot of the rest of their stuff is either just [above] average (southernplayalistic + solos) or too weird (stankonia + idlewild). aquemeni was cool, but nothins seein atliens