Author Topic: New Interview With Kurupt At XXLMag.com  (Read 1901 times)

HEC

Re: New Interview With Kurupt At XXLMag.com
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
That was a nice interview, expected bunch of **** words like Daz and Kurupt usally do but was surprised in a good way. Good stuff about new DPG album, Detox and solo album (I'm thinking the producer is Scott Storch).

I have seen quite a few Kurupt interviews and he can hold a convo just fine. The problem with most of these rappers is that they come into these interviews tweaking or high off they ass.

yeah I always thought that too, especially with Daz

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2008, 10:17:57 AM »
great interview, i just hope all those albums materilalise.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2008, 10:27:49 AM »
All I can say is thank you for the support. And I hope the albums come out too. It would definitely be a good 2008 if they did. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
wow.dope thx.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »
I understand that you also have one last announcement for us?
I do. Me and DJ Quik have an album coming out in ’08 and it’s going to be off the chain. Quik is doing this album with Terrace and he’s going to fly this fuckin’ record out!

This is different from the solo album with the mystery producer that you spoke of?
Yes. You will hear our first collaboration with the record that DJ Quik made for Tha Dogg Pound on 100 Wayz. That song is Tha Dogg Pound featuring DJ Quik and Devin The Dude and it’s off the hook. Quik also did a record for Snoop’s album that’s crazy. It’s a new era in the West. You’ve got the Snoop album, The Dogg Pound album, the Kurupt solo album, the Kurupt and DJ Quik album and then you’ve got Ice Cube’s album that’s going to be ferocious on these bitches! Then we’ve got the new generation and the fire they are bringing. Glasses Malone is on fire right now! I sat down and spoke to Dr. Dre about Bishop Lamont. What Dr. Dre is doing with this guy right now is on a whole different level. Then the icing on the cake is Detox. The West Coast has learned our lessons from the past, but most importantly, we’re here to put out this good music.

^^If the above holds True, then This Year will be Awesome..Please Lord Make This Happen,
I promise to go to Church more often than just Sunday!!

Even the Cali Iz Active album?
Cali Iz Active had no Daz production on it. No Soopafly production. We more or less let everybody else produce on it. Cali Iz Active was a Dogg Pound album, but 100 Wayz is what I call a true one because we have Daz and Soopafly overseeing all of the production.
..Aiight......Soopafly is Dope!!!
WestCoast 4 Life!!

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2008, 12:50:17 AM »
i think and hope that mystery producer is Scott Storch...a Storch produced album would be too siiick 8)...i'm still waiting for the one with Scoe as well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:52:10 AM by ssquad »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2008, 01:02:32 AM »
the producer is gonna be Necro  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2008, 09:22:54 AM »
the producer is gonna be Necro  8)

I hope not... I know that Necro is liked by a lot of people on this site and in general, but he ain't my style. I used to dig some of his music back in the day, but I just couldn't get with it anymore.

Besides, I dunno if he's the best fit for Kurupt's style... To each his own though, I'm not hating on your taste.