Author Topic: Lil' Wayne claims he's writin for DETOX  (Read 1251 times)

messi19

Lil' Wayne claims he's writin for DETOX
« on: January 09, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

Lil Wayne Wrapping Up LP, Writing For Dr. Dre — But He's Got Mariah Carey On The Brain.
Jan 9 2008 8:01 AM EST

'She might need a dude like me,' says the tireless collaborator, whose new album features production by Timbaland, David Banner and Just Blaze.

The curtain is just about ready to be raised on Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III LP. Weezy was in Miami on Monday with legendary photographer Jonathan Manion, shooting artwork for the album, and pretty soon he'll be going back in front of the camera to film the first video for the effort. The song is called "Showtime."

"The Carter III is coming in 2008. I don't want to give no months, no date," he said. "I got a gang of singles [on Carter III]. [It's] produced by my homeboy Diesel. He's also a Young Money affiliate. He's down with us. He's a producer/singer/engineer. He does it all. I have my artist featured on the song. Her name is Chanell. We already have a remix featuring Brisco and Lil' Boosie."

He added that for the "Showtime" video, "We're gonna get Gil Green or Benny [Boom] to direct. I really don't know. They're all my brothers. The concept is really 'Showtime,' just performance. Me and my artist Chanell gonna play a lot with the video. It's gonna be very animated but straight to the point. Colorful. Y'all [should be looking] to be entertained."

Wayne says he's recorded so many songs for the album besides "Showtime" that he's not sure which ones will make the cut. Just about every hip-hop producer you can name contributed to Tha Carter III, including Timbaland, David Banner, Jay Bezel from the Diplomat camp, T-Mix, Mannie Fresh, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze and even Wayne himself.

"Me and my homeboy Diesel, we got a Kanye West track and added some drums to it," he said. "I don't know what songs [the record company] picked. I just know the intros and the single."

Weezy says his side work as the most-sought-after cameo man in the business isn't slowing down. He just finished a remix of Rick Ross' "Speedin' " with Fat Joe — don't miss Wayne's use of the same voice enhancement T-Pain employs — and has been writing for Dr. Dre.

"Call me by a new name: 'Featuring Lil Wayne,' " he joked about all his guest appearances. But while he has more names on his résumé than you can count, he did say there's one MC he hasn't worked with but with whom he really wants to. Actually, that's "M.C.," not "MC."

"I have never done nothing with Mariah Carey, and I would like to, because I love older women," the 25-year-old said. "I'm attracted to older women. It's my thing. Mariah Carey, she might need a dude like me. I do my thing."

Link:  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579291/20080108/index.jhtml

smegma

Re: Lil' Wayne claims he's writin for DETOX
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »
He said like a year ago that he wrote some shit for Detox. Let's hope Dre lets better songwriters make money off that album.

As far as the rest of that article goes... all I wanna say is that Wayne has been overexposed for a good minute now. Dude needs to take a one year break.

"The Carter III is coming in 2008. I don't want to give no months, no date," he said. "I got a gang of singles [on Carter III]. [It's] produced by my homeboy Diesel. He's also a Young Money affiliate.

It's spelled as Deezle.

HEC

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
lets hope this isn't true

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
As Meho said :

Thats the 2nd time, he said that about Dre. But make no mistake, he is probably just sending him tracks that are for Dre. He did that with Jay, he sent him Hello Brooklyn and Jay decided to take it.

It doesn't mean that he's actually in the studio with Dre, writing tracks.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »
I hope he ain't on "Detox"  :-X

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »

Borat Sagdiyev

• 'G'
  • My Name a Borat
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »
I hope this a not true.  It a make me sick to my stomach that a lil Waynes is being made out to BE a rap music.
I am continuing my Cultural Learnings of U, S and A for their musicial likings.  WEST WEST BITCHES!

****2007 Alias of the Year****
http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=165821.0

The Purple Champ

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
"The Carter III is coming in 2008. I don't want to give no months, no date," he said. "I got a gang of singles [on Carter III]. [It's] produced by my homeboy Diesel. He's also a Young Money affiliate.

It's spelled as Deezle.
lol, thats what i was thinking

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »
even if he is writing for dre i doubt it would get used.

Anyway shouldnt it be waynes ghost writer is writing for him and he is passing it on to dre  ;)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:09:48 AM »
I hope he ain't on "Detox"  :-X

that will really mess up the album imo...i really dont see think album being another chronic/2001 clasisic...only time will tell...

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
im gonna be a mad muthafucka if i had 2 wait all this damn time 4 detox 2 drop and then i hear that niggaz annoying voice on it..or here some shit that sounds like something he would write

messi19

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »
As Meho said :

Thats the 2nd time, he said that about Dre. But make no mistake, he is probably just sending him tracks that are for Dre. He did that with Jay, he sent him Hello Brooklyn and Jay decided to take it.

It doesn't mean that he's actually in the studio with Dre, writing tracks.

U sayin kinda like Crooked I was doin with "Say Dre" right?

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 12:47:55 PM »
im gonna be a mad muthafucka if i had 2 wait all this damn time 4 detox 2 drop and then i hear that niggaz annoying voice on it..or here some shit that sounds like something he would write

co sign on that homie to bad detox will not have that west coast sound..dre sould let cube write for him

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
I like Wayne, but him on Detox, or having anything to do with it? FUCK THAT  :-X

If I was Dre I'd have dudes like Ice Cube, Crooked I, and Kurupt writin' for me  8)

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »

co sign on that homie to bad detox will not have that west coast sound..dre sould let cube write for him
yeah  8)