Author Topic: ISLAM AND SCIENCE -OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND SEE THE TRUTH-  (Read 695 times)

Trauma-san

Re: ISLAM AND SCIENCE -OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND SEE THE TRUTH-
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
As I get older I begin to realize what many people have realized before me, Science is nothing more than another religion, and all religion attempts to understand the world we're in, all go about it in a different way, Science abandons faith for instance, etc.... therefore it's not strange at all to me that Science and religion would have similar parallel points.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:19 PM »
As I get older I begin to realize what many people have realized before me, Science is nothing more than another religion, and all religion attempts to understand the world we're in, all go about it in a different way, Science abandons faith for instance, etc.... therefore it's not strange at all to me that Science and religion would have similar parallel points.

Exactly!!

I don't like science at all. Sorry I just don't. I don't know why niggas on that shit.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »

WHen u guys say science do you mean the Scientology shit Tom Cruise is in?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
 :laugh:

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »

no,no,no.  That's another religion.  I mean Science as taught in school, as reported in the news, SCIENCE, scientists are actually practicing a religion.  I'm not saying I'm against it, I'm not against any religion.  I'm just saying that Science is a religion just like Christianity is a religion, and there's no validity in picking science over religion.  As the guy was showing above, just like Islam and Christianity has a lot of similarities, Science and Islam or Science and Christianity also share similar fundamentals because they're all types of religion.  People worship the Global Warming theory, for instance, in much the same way people worship the creation theory. 

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

no,no,no.  That's another religion.  I mean Science as taught in school, as reported in the news, SCIENCE, scientists are actually practicing a religion.  I'm not saying I'm against it, I'm not against any religion.  I'm just saying that Science is a religion just like Christianity is a religion, and there's no validity in picking science over religion.  As the guy was showing above, just like Islam and Christianity has a lot of similarities, Science and Islam or Science and Christianity also share similar fundamentals because they're all types of religion.  People worship the Global Warming theory, for instance, in much the same way people worship the creation theory. 
yea but one thing i think thats different between the two is that science has facts. and religion is based solely on faith and belief which leaves room for errors,inconsistency/ doubt etc. With science its possible that one can say " I Know such such" but with religion all they can say is " I be- LIE-ve such such".

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »

yea but one thing i think thats different between the two is that science has facts. and religion is based solely on faith and belief which leaves room for errors,inconsistency/ doubt etc. With science its possible that one can say " I Know such such" but with religion all they can say is " I be- LIE-ve such such".

Depends how you look at it... in your post you presented quotes from the Quran that make scientific statements... some of these things weren't "proven" by scientists until centuries later... now here's the thing, the Quran is believed to be God's word... so if God states "the Earth is a sphere"... all scientists end up doing is proving what was already stated using mathematics, etc... throughout history, the more scientists have discovered, the more has been in parallel with religion... and on top of that, science is mostly based on theories, estimates, assumptions, etc... I mean do you really believe anybody has any fucking clue how hot the core of the Sun gets?....and on top of that, there are always new theories replacing or changing old ones...  put it this way, Pluto isn't even a fucking planet anymore... a few years ago "Pluto is a planet" was a 'fact'... now it's not... so much for facts.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »
Do ya'll call God, Allah, God, or both??

Allah is just the Arabic term for God... Arab Christians use the word Allah to refer to God, just like Spanish-speaking Christians say "Dios", etc... all referring to the same God.

...Well that's One way To Look at it J @ M @ L!!
But The Christian God is not considered  Allah of the Islam faith though..
Even though Arab-Christians refer to Him as 'Allah' due to their native tongue,but in reality there are two separate Beings!
I'm not dissing you or anything, I'm just trying to explain from perspective!!

It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »

Allah is just the Arabic term for God... Arab Christians use the word Allah to refer to God, just like Spanish-speaking Christians say "Dios", etc... all referring to the same God.

Even though Arab-Christians refer to Him as 'Allah' due to their native tongue,but in reality there are two separate Beings!

really? i always thought they were the same God. Because the prophets are in the Koran. Its just that to Muslims, Mohammad was the last prophet to bring the word of God.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »

really? i always thought they were the same God. Because the prophets are in the Koran. Its just that to Muslims, Mohammad was the last prophet to bring the word of God.
^Well according to the Muslim faith yes,that would be accurate!!

However in the Xtian faith,it's different!!
Both deities are so different in their relationship towards man,that it's so clear to see..
And on that note, I'll say no more!

Not that i don't know what I'm talking about, rather not to offend others of different faith!!

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

Both deities are so different in their relationship towards man,that it's so clear to see..

Not that i don't know what I'm talking about, rather not to offend others of different faith!!

i feel but on the other hand this place is for building like hammers and nails. if a nigga cant take what u drop fuck 'em

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »

You obviously have no fucking clue.
It's not "one way to look at it"... that's what it is. Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, and they know it is the same deity as the God worshipped by Muslims.
You said "in reality there are two separate Beings!".... so you're saying there are two Gods?  :)
The difference is as the other guy stated, that Muslims believe Mohammed to be the last messenger... and the two faiths differ on their view of the nature of Jesus... Muslims consider him a prophet, while Christians believe he is God/The Son of God/etc.
What you're saying would mean that Jews and Christians also don't believe in the same God, since Jews didn't accept Jesus Christ... so according to your logic (if I can even call it that) Christians believe that they're worshipping the same God as Jews, but Jews feel that they're not worshipping the same God as Christians.
I went to Lebanon on vacation a while back... the Christians there would go to Muslim imams/sheikhs for guidance sometimes... and they had no problem reciting Surah Al-Fatiha from the Quran in their prayers because they know that they're worshipping the same God... since the message in Surah Al-Fatiha doesn't differ from Christians' view of God.

"In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful:
Praise be to God, the Lord of the Universe.
The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
King of the Day of Judgment.
You alone we worship, and You alone we ask for help
Guide us to the straight way;
The way of those whom you have blessed, not of those who have deserved anger, nor of those who stray."
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 04:15:29 PM »

It's not "one way to look at it"... that's what it is. Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, and they know it is the same deity as the God worshipped by Muslims.
You said "in reality there are two separate Beings!".... so you're saying there are two Gods?  :)
The difference is as the other guy stated, that Muslims believe Mohammed to be the last messenger... and the two faiths differ on their view of the nature of Jesus... Muslims consider him a prophet, while Christians believe he is God/The Son of God/etc.
What you're saying would mean that Jews and Christians also don't believe in the same God, since Jews didn't accept Jesus Christ... so according to your logic (if I can even call it that) Christians believe that they're worshipping the same God as Jews, but Jews feel that they're not worshipping the same God as Christians.

The way of those whom you have blessed, not of those who have deserved anger, nor of those who stray."

i Actually do know!!
it's not 'my logic''
It's the way it is...

yes Islam views Christ as a prophet, but deny his divinity,which holds true for Christianity
And no the jews and Christians believe in the same God!!!
They did not accept Christ,cuz accordingly to them and He was the messiah they were looking for!!

But We believe in the same god..the God Of Judea!!

Well both deities can't be the same,their principlies  differ, this is obvious just by merely reading both Holy Books of the respective faiths!

I went to Lebanon on vacation a while back... the Christians there would go to Muslim imams/sheikhs for guidance sometimes... and they had no problem reciting Surah Al-Fatiha from the Quran in their prayers because they know that they're worshipping the same God... since the message in Surah Al-Fatiha doesn't differ from Christians' view of God.

^^Why would they go to an Imam,why not go to a priest or go to Church??
You wouldn't expect a muslim to seek guidance from a priest???
Think about it,why say a prayer that is of a different faith,to talk to your God,who is of a different faith.
That is like speaking French to an English person..

"Surah Al-Fatiha"=>How does this not differ for the Xtians view of God

How come Prophet Mohammad is not mentioned in the Bible,if both faiths are the same??

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 04:39:55 PM »

i Actually do know!!
it's not 'my logic''
It's the way it is...

yes Islam views Christ as a prophet, but deny his divinity,which holds true for Christianity
They did not accept Christ,cuz accordingly to them and He was the messiah they were looking for!!

Well both deities can't be the same,their principlies  differ, this is obvious just by merely reading both Holy Books of the respective faiths!

Think about it,why say a prayer that is of a different faith,to talk to your God,who is of a different faith.

How come Prophet Mohammad is not mentioned in the Bible,if both faiths are the same??

LOL. You're dumber than I thought.

Yes, I know that Jews and Christians believe in the same God... and so do Muslims. I never said both faiths are the same. I said they believe in the same God.
Like you said, Jews and Christians believe in the same God, but are of different "faiths"... the same applies here. Obviously there are theological differences... otherwise there would only be one religion. It's really a lot less complicated than you make it.

As for Surah Al-Fatiha, show me what part of this Christians would disagree with:

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

i Actually do know!!
it's not 'my logic''
It's the way it is...

LOL. You're dumber than I thought.

lol..I'm Not Dumb!!!!

I've posted nothing to warrant me being referred to as 'Dumb'

Yes, I know that Jews and Christians believe in the same God... and so do Muslims. I never said both faiths are the same. I said they believe in the same God.
Then in that regard,i apologize!
However i would like to state that i still disagree,with respect to  Islam believing in the same God, as the Judaism and Christianity do.
We unfortunately have to agree to disagree on that!!

As for Surah Al-Fatiha, show me what part of this Christians would disagree with:

[/quote]

^I  find nothing wrong with the above^
I personally won't feel connected with My God,if i had to say that prayer!
Prayer is very personal,there has too be that feeling of connection, so me repeating the above will not work for me!!
I would question some Xtians doing,cuz i feel it's just not right!
However if they feel happy doing it,then more blessings to them,but it's just a personal choice for
me not to d it!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:46:54 PM by Mackin4Life »