Author Topic: New Del The Funky Homosapien New Single + "11th Hour" Album In March!  (Read 248 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

It's been a long, long time since an official solo album from Hip-Hop veteran Del The Funky Homosapien, eight years to be exact! A lot of time has passed since "I Wish My Brother George Was Here", "No Need for Alarm", "Future Development", and "Both Sides of the Brain"! Since then, the Bay Area MC has concentrated on several collaborations; including 2000’s "Deltron 3030" with Dan “The Automator” Nakamura and Kid Koala, and 2001’s Gorillaz with Blur’s Damon Albarn.

But fans have been hungry for another solo album from one of the most creative rappers on the scene. "Eleventh Hour" is that album, and it's set to drop March 11th through Definite Jux records! Del leaked a first single from the album called "Bubble Pop", and this joint will take you right back into time.

Check out "Bubble Pop" below:

Del The Funky Homosapien - Bubble Pop

Don't forget, "Eleventh Hour" drops March 11th, we'll keep bringing you the latest word on this album.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: New Del The Funky Homosapien New Single + "11th Hour" Album In March!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »
OLD SCHOOOL!!!!!!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »
del is so so dope! can't wait for this, been too long since i've been able to pick up a del solo album!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »
Come on, I know it's more than 2 people on dubcc up on Del!

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
Man Nima, I've been waitin so long for this! This track is so 90's I love it. Just can't wait until the album drops, I'm ready to cop it. Why didn't you tell me on MSN directly? Shame on you  ;D
Props that you didn't forgot about Del, he's one of my favourite rappers. That saved my day for real.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:01:33 PM by $i-Chill Iz Active »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:59:14 PM »
Haha, it's all good, glad you liked it.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »
I hope it gets some more responds, people shouldn't forget about Del. But sometimes they sleep on dope music. This is just for all of those members who fiend for funk in all those threads.
I'm off now, props again, this is so awsome.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

KlevaThug

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
hell yeah, Del is the shit,been waiting for some new shit, thanks

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 12:01:49 AM »
keep it coming!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

strangbad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »
I think Del has the best delivery of any emcee. Smooth. He can say the weirdest shit, but have it make sense just by the way he times it. Can't wait to check this!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »
I think Del has the best delivery of any emcee. Smooth. He can say the weirdest shit, but have it make sense just by the way he times it. Can't wait to check this!!

Haha for real, he be sayin some real off the wall shit.

smegma

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »
Man Nima, I've been waitin so long for this! This track is so 90's I love it. Just can't wait until the album drops, I'm ready to cop it. Why didn't you tell me on MSN directly? Shame on you  ;D
Props that you didn't forgot about Del, he's one of my favourite rappers. That saved my day for real.

haha, if you had checked dubcc when you were on msn you could have seen my thread about it. nima told me he deleted it though because he wanted to drop it on dubcnn. that son of a bitch. :rant:

anyhoo... i'm not really a fan of this type of hip hop, but i'm feeling this song right here! :)

This is the official press release:
Del the Funky Homosapien has leaked a new track from his upcoming album Eleventh Hour to be released on March 11th via Definitive Jux records. The track, entitled “Bubble Pop” is the first glimpse into Del’s long awaited solo follow-up to a string of popular albums released in the 1990s (I Wish My Brother George Was Here, No Need for Alarm, Future Development, and Both Sides of the Brain).  Since then, the Bay Area MC has concentrated on several collaborations; including 2000’s Deltron 3030 with Dan “The Automator” Nakamura and Kid Koala and 2001’s Gorillaz with Blur’s Damon Albarn. But fans have been hungry for another solo album from one of the most creative rappers on the scene.

Eleventh Hour is that album, and it was eight years in the making. During that time, Del holed up in the studio to study music theory and produce the majority of the tracks on what would be his fifth solo album. “Bubble Pop,” which premiered yesterday on PitchforkMedia.com, is the first track from Eleventh Hour to go public, and it shows Del’s new approach to his craft.

“You’ll probably spend the first thirty seconds of “Bubble Pop” wondering where Del got the chutzpah to sample the bell-heavy, “Peter Piper”-claimed bit of Bob James’ “Take Me to the Mardi Gras” break and the last thirty having pretty much forgotten why it might’ve been questionable in the first place. Whether that’s due to Del’s MCing or his production is your call, really. The track’s got a pretty dense beat where the bells have to spar with this doughy, bouncy bassline that’s frivolous and ridiculous and vaguely caricature– futuristic in a likeable way; think Zapp crossed with incidental music from The Jetsons…” writes Pitchfork.

Del The Funky Homosapien Eleventh Hour track list:
1. Raw Sewage
2. Bubble Pop
3. Back In The Chamber
4. True Endevours
5. Situations
6. Naked Fonk
7. Hold Your Hand
8. Foot Down
9. I'll Tell You
10. Workin' It
11. Last Hurrah
12. Str8t Up and Down
13. I Got You
14. Funkyhomosapien
Digital bonus tracks "Drop It Lower" and "Full Throttle”

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »
This is dope as hell. Sounds like something that could have been on his first album.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
Can't wait for his album to drop!!!

Song is dope.