Author Topic: Barack Obama an Council On Foreign Relations  (Read 405 times)

EXPOSEPONCESENT

• 'G'
Barack Obama an Council On Foreign Relations
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
this is from another forum posted by someone else, but its another reason why I don't trust Obama...

Obama and the CFR and it's members
Obama outlines his ambitious geopolitical plans in a recent essay for Foreign Affairs magazine.

Foreign Affairs is published by the Council on Foreign Relations(CFR), which describes itself as a non-partisan group of which OBAMA
is a member. Established in the 1920's and headquartered in New
York, its membership includes prominent politicians and business
elite, including heads of academia and media.

The organization seeks to centralize both political power and market power to craft legislation outside the checks and balances of democracy.

Notable members of the CFR include:

Dick Cheney(a distant cousin of Obama)
John Kerry
Bill Clinton
George H. W. Bush
John, David &
Nelson Rockefeller
Condolezza Rice
Paul Wolfowitz
Alan Greenspan
Henry Kissinger

Democrat CFR
Candidates:

Barack Obama

Hillary Clinton

John Edwards

Chris Dodd

Bill Richardson

Republican CFR
Candidates:

Mitt Romney

Rudy Giuliani

John McCain

Fred Thompson

Newt Gingrich

Do You see that list of members of which Obama is part?
These are ALL NeoCons!!!!

Members are united in their interventionist intentions with the goal of a consolidated global governance.

The mainstream media's self-proclaimed “top tier” candidates are united in their CFR membership, while an unwitting public perceives political
diversity.
The unwitting public has been conditioned to instinctively deny such a mass deception could ever be hidden in plain view. Presidential Candidate & Congressman Ron Paul is the only “top tier” candidate who is not a member of the CFR.

The CFR's membership is a union of politicians, bankers, and scholars, with
several large businesses holding additional corporate memberships.
Corporate members include:

Haliburton
British Petroleum
Exxon Mobile
Merck Pharmaceuticals
News Corp (FOX)
Bloomberg
& several other major financial institutions

The goals of the CFR is best described by its very own members. Bill Clinton's
Georgetown mentor and CFR member Carroll Quigley states:
“The Council on Foreign Relations is the American branch of a society
which originated in England... (and) ...believes national boundaries
should be obliterated and one world rule established.”.

The CFR is guaranteeing power by owning all the horses in the race that is the 2008 election. Obama is captivating unlike most of his competition, undoubtedly intelligent enough to understand his political niche.

Another CFR US president guarantees more of the same costly foreign policy that protects corporate interests and isolates the US.

Like his colleagues, Barack Obama's stated foreign policy intentions foment
the long term militarization and balkanization of the middle east while resources will continue to be spent in deficit to finance an illegal foreign policy. Only when the control of the CFR is fully exposed will the voters have a real democratic choice.

Open Your Eyes People!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Barack Obama an Council On Foreign Relations
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:36:51 PM »
please... Paul as "top-tier" right there tells me your lying.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »
So how are we going to afford free healthcare MDogg?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
please... Paul as "top-tier" right there tells me your lying.

It's true.  There really is no difference between nearly all Republicans and Democrats running for President.  It's all a charade.  CFR is deep.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »
So how are we going to afford free healthcare MDogg?

If you cut the CEO bonuses... you save 33% of the money we as a nation spend already. The money we spend collectively as a people through private and tax is more than France per person. From that money, we could put that into Universal Health Care, and rank higher than France. I'd also keep the private hospitals open though, and people can have private health care if they choose because America is a land of choices. But we should put our money into health care for everyone, not Kaiser's CEO's vacations.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
^ That's communism. 

Kaiser makes his own money.  The government doesn't give it to him.

While we're at it, lets take *your* money.  I'd like to have it.  Give it to me.  I'm going to make Hillary Clinton give it to me, actually.  Or Barack, or any of the other Dem candidates.

I can't believe how fucking selfish democrats are. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »
^ That's communism. 

Kaiser makes his own money.  The government doesn't give it to him.

While we're at it, lets take *your* money.  I'd like to have it.  Give it to me.  I'm going to make Hillary Clinton give it to me, actually.  Or Barack, or any of the other Dem candidates.

I can't believe how fucking selfish democrats are. 

I was missing the old times we were on the same page... this time against Ron Paul mocking these extremest...  :-\ I'm no communist.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
universal haircare is ineffective...idk about you, but i dont want government controlling health care and me have having the same health care as the crack addict next door. I want my own, meaning good private ones...once theres a federal mandate for universal health care, buisness and such wont have the inititive to provide health care knowing someone can get it for free. Not to mention, this country was founded on the idea of limited government, liberty, and individual rights.

Free market health care is the best...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »
universal haircare is ineffective...idk about you, but i dont want government controlling health care and me have having the same health care as the crack addict next door. I want my own, meaning good private ones...once theres a federal mandate for universal health care, buisness and such wont have the inititive to provide health care knowing someone can get it for free. Not to mention, this country was founded on the idea of limited government, liberty, and individual rights.

ask the millions who don't have health care, hell ask me 3 years ago. Free market has bankrupted millions, and is partly responsible for the housing market (though bank's fucked up morgages are more to blame). We need affordable health care, and I like Obama's plan, don't force adults but allow them to buy cheap health care on par with the senators. Hillary's plan of forcing people to buy coverage is fucked up. I can go on and on about this subject.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
this is from another forum posted by someone else, but its another reason why I don't trust Obama...

Obama and the CFR and it's members
Obama outlines his ambitious geopolitical plans in a recent essay for Foreign Affairs magazine.

Foreign Affairs is published by the Council on Foreign Relations(CFR), which describes itself as a non-partisan group of which OBAMA
is a member. Established in the 1920's and headquartered in New
York, its membership includes prominent politicians and business
elite, including heads of academia and media.

The organization seeks to centralize both political power and market power to craft legislation outside the checks and balances of democracy.

Notable members of the CFR include:

Dick Cheney(a distant cousin of Obama)
John Kerry
Bill Clinton
George H. W. Bush
John, David &
Nelson Rockefeller
Condolezza Rice
Paul Wolfowitz
Alan Greenspan
Henry Kissinger

Democrat CFR
Candidates:

Barack Obama

Hillary Clinton

John Edwards

Chris Dodd

Bill Richardson

Republican CFR
Candidates:

Mitt Romney

Rudy Giuliani

John McCain

Fred Thompson

Newt Gingrich

Do You see that list of members of which Obama is part?
These are ALL NeoCons!!!!

Members are united in their interventionist intentions with the goal of a consolidated global governance.

The mainstream media's self-proclaimed “top tier” candidates are united in their CFR membership, while an unwitting public perceives political
diversity.
The unwitting public has been conditioned to instinctively deny such a mass deception could ever be hidden in plain view. Presidential Candidate & Congressman Ron Paul is the only “top tier” candidate who is not a member of the CFR.

The CFR's membership is a union of politicians, bankers, and scholars, with
several large businesses holding additional corporate memberships.
Corporate members include:

Haliburton
British Petroleum
Exxon Mobile
Merck Pharmaceuticals
News Corp (FOX)
Bloomberg
& several other major financial institutions

The goals of the CFR is best described by its very own members. Bill Clinton's
Georgetown mentor and CFR member Carroll Quigley states:
“The Council on Foreign Relations is the American branch of a society
which originated in England... (and) ...believes national boundaries
should be obliterated and one world rule established.”.

The CFR is guaranteeing power by owning all the horses in the race that is the 2008 election. Obama is captivating unlike most of his competition, undoubtedly intelligent enough to understand his political niche.

Another CFR US president guarantees more of the same costly foreign policy that protects corporate interests and isolates the US.

Like his colleagues, Barack Obama's stated foreign policy intentions foment
the long term militarization and balkanization of the middle east while resources will continue to be spent in deficit to finance an illegal foreign policy. Only when the control of the CFR is fully exposed will the voters have a real democratic choice.

Open Your Eyes People!

his views... according to the CFR

U.S. Policy toward Africa

Sen. Obama (D-IL), whose father was Kenyan, has been particularly vocal in the Senate on U.S. Africa policy. He has been especially outspoken regarding policy toward Darfur, traveling to the region with Sen. Brownback. He calls for a no-fly zone over Darfur. In 2005, Obama cosponsored the Darfur Peace and Accountability Act. He says he has divested (AP) about $180,000 of his personal financial holdings from Sudan-related stock.

In March 2007, Obama introduced a resolution condemning the government of Zimbabwe for its violence against the opposition. That resolution passed.

With Dodd, Obama cosponsored the March 2007 bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to bolster public health efforts in sub-Saharan Africa. That bill has not yet been voted on. Obama told Vanity Fair that as president, he plans to expand PEPFAR “by providing at least $1 billion a year in new money.”

U.S. Policy toward India

The Obama campaign’s June 2007 memo exposing Clinton’s ties to India sparked an outcry from the Indian-American community. USINPAC denounced Obama’s memo as “the worst kind of anti Indian American stereotyping.” Sen. Obama (D-IL) apologized for the memo, which referred to Clinton as “Clinton (D-Punjab)” (Rediff.com).

Obama voted in favor of the United States-India Energy Security Cooperation Act of 2006.

South Asians for Obama published this list (PDF) of Obama’s stances on issues of interest to the South Asian community in the United States.

Military Tribunals and Guantanamo Bay

Sen. Obama (D-IL) says Guantanamo should be closed and habeas corpus (AP) should be restored for the detainees. He says the United States should have “developed a real military system of justice that would sort out the suspected terrorists from the accidentally accused.” Unlike his Democratic colleauges, however, Obama does agree that military courts rather than federal judges should be charged with trying the detainees.

Obama voted against the Military Commissions Act.

Domestic Intelligence

Sen. Obama’s (D-IL) response to the NSA spying controversy was mixed. On one hand, he opposed the nomination of former NSA chief Michael Hayden to the position of CIA director because of his role in the warrantless wiretapping program and said that he disapproved of Bush’s avoidance of FISA oversight in the NSA eavesdropping efforts. But on the other hand, like Clinton, Dodd, and Biden, he did not join in Feingold’s efforts to censure Bush over the warrantless wiretapping of U.S. citizens.

War on Terror

Sen. Obama (D-IL), like his fellow Democratic candidates, has been critical of the Bush administration’s policies relating to the war on terror. In a recent Foreign Affairs article, Obama called the Bush’s response to 9/11 “conventional thinking of the past, largely viewing problems as state-based and principally amenable to military solutions.” As a result of the actions taken under the auspices of the war on terror, Obama says, “the world has lost trust in our purposes and our principles.”

Instead, Obama says, U.S. efforts in the Middle East should focus on empowering “forces of moderation” by increasing “access to education and health care, trade and investment” and support for civil society. Like Clinton, Obama says the government’s priority should be preventing terrorist groups from obtaining weapons of mass destruction.

In a August 1 speech, Obama called for a greater counterterrorism focus on Afghanistan and the tribal region of Pakistan. With regards to Pakistan, he indicated that under his leadership, “if we have actionable intelligence about high-value targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will.”

Democracy Promotion in the Arab World

Sen. Obama (D-IL) favors democracy promotion as a principle of foreign policy (he introduced the DRC Relief, Security and Democracy Promotion Act in 2005). Still, he has generally not framed his rhetoric about the Middle East in terms of democracy promotion. Obama cosponsored the ADVANCE Democracy Act of 2005, which sought to reinforce the U.S. commitment to promoting democracy around the world. That bill would have established “Regional Democracy Hubs” around the world meant to develop and implement strategies to help bring about democratic transitions in non-democratic countries. The bill never passed. In the summer 2007 issue of Foreign Affairs, Obama said democratic states are better equipped to fight terrorism, stop the spread of weapons, and deal with public health crises. To this end, Obama said as president he would increase foreign aid funding to $50 billion by 2012 and demand reform of corrupt governments. He also said he would “capitalize a $2 billion Global Education Fund” to ensure educated citizens that can contribute to the solidifying of democracy around the world.

Energy Policy

Speaking in 2006, Obama criticized (AP) President Bush's energy policy in this way: “Saying that America is addicted to oil without following a real plan for energy independence is like admitting alcoholism and then skipping out on the twelve-step program.” Obama says he will attempt to reduce oil consumption by 7.64 million barrels a day by 2025 from current levels. Obama co-authored the Fuel Economy Reform Act with Biden, among other senators. The act, which has not been passed yet, would make all automobiles manufactured for 2012 meet the fuel economy standard of 27.5 miles per gallon. Obama has also said that he supports tax breaks and loan guarantees for users of clean energy sources like ethanol and blended fuel E85. More controversially, Obama supports the coal-to-liquid (CTL) fuel legislation under consideration in the Senate and the House, even though some experts say CTLs might cause even more carbon dioxide pollution than gasoline. He explained his support for CTLs, saying they “will create jobs and lessen our dependence on foreign oil.” Obama broke ranks from many of his fellow Democratic senators voting for the 2005 Energy Policy Act. he believes that a “strong carbon cap” (Grist) is better than a freeze on development on a particular type of energy.

Obama did not attend the vote on the Renewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007. That bill passed.

Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Sen. Obama (S-IL) has taken a strongly pro-Israel tone in addressing the conflict. In a speech before AIPAC in March 2007, Obama said the United States must “strengthen the hands of Palestinian moderates” and isolate Hamas. Haaretz U.S. correspondent Shmuel Rosner said that before AIPAC, Obama “sounded as strong as Clinton, as supportive as Bush, as friendly as Giuliani.” 

Obama cosponsored the Palestinian Anti-Terrorism Act of 2006 and, like most of his fellow candidates, has called on the Palestinian leadership to “recognize Israel, to renounce violence, and to get serious about negotiating peace and security for the region.” 

If elected, Obama says he would “insist on fully funding military assistance to Israel” (JPost) and continue to cooperate with Israel on the development of the Arrow missile defense system.

North Korea Policy

In the July/August 2007 issue of Foreign Affairs, Sen. Obama (D-OH) advocates for developing an “international coalition” to handle nuclear North Korea, calls the Six-Party Talks “ad hoc,” and says he supports “sustained, direct, and aggressive diplomacy.”

Within weeks of Pyongyang’s nuclear test, Obama appeared on Meet the Press and said the United States had no leverage over North Korea because of Washington’s refusal to hold bilateral negotiations. He also clarified a passage from his book Audacity of Hope (in which he posed the question “Why invade Iraq and not North Korea or Burma?”) and said he did not consider invading the communist country an option to resolving the nuclear issue.

Cuba Policy

Sen. Obama (D-IL) has broken with the status quo on U.S. policy toward Cuba. In August 2007, he called for travel and remittance restrictions on Cuban-Americans to be lifted. In an op-ed in the Miami Herald, Obama also said he would engage in bilateral talks with Cuba to send the message that the United States is willing to normalize relations with Cuba upon evidence of a democratic opening there.

He has voted twice to cut off TV Marti funding (WashPost).

U.S. Policy toward China

Sen. Obama (D-IL) has expressed interest in cooperation with China, although he sees the country as a major competitor to the United States. At the April 2007 debate among Democratic candidates, Obama said China is “neither our enemy nor our friend. They're competitors. But we have to make sure that we have enough military-to-military contact and forge enough of a relationship with them that we can stabilize the region.”

In an April 2007 speech before the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, Obama said that if elected president, he would “forge a more effective regional framework in Asia,” building on “our strong bilateral relations and informal arrangements like the Six-Party Talks” on North Korea.

Obama has noted the problems with China’s revaluation of the yuan. He has said that although the United States should maintain a cooperative relationship with China, it should “never hesitate to be clear and consistent with China where we disagree—whether on protection of intellectual property rights, the manipulation of its currency, human rights, or the right stance on Sudan and Iran.” Obama will cosponsor a bill with Clinton to impose high duties on Chinese goods, intended to pressure China into revaluing its currency (FT).

Defense Policy

In a speech to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs in April 2007, Sen. Obama (D-IL) advocated the expansion of the military to include an additional sixty-five thousand army soldiers and twenty-seven thousand marines. He also called for an increase in the number of Arabic speakers in the military.

In Obama’s 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream, he wrote, “It's time we acknowledge that a defense budget and force structure built principally around the prospect of World War III makes little strategic sense.”
As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama introduced the Cooperative Proliferation Detection, Interdiction Assistance, and Conventional Threat Reduction Act of 2006. That act, which was incorporated into the Department of State Authorities Act of 2006 and signed into law, allows for the destruction of surplus and unsecured weapons, which Obama said “make attractive targets for terrorists.”

As Obama was elected in 2004, he does not have a voting record on military operations in the Gulf War, Kosovo, or in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. He has been critical of the war in Iraq, but was not yet in office at the time that the Iraq War resolution was passed.

Iraq

Sen. Obama (D-IL) writes in Foreign Affairs that the United States needs to move beyond Iraq and “refocus our attention on the broader Middle East.” One of the few presidential candidates who opposed the war (PDF) from the start, he says there is “no military solution” to the situation in Iraq. In January 2007, Obama proposed the Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007, which would reverse the troop surge and redeploy U.S. troops to Afghanistan and other locations in phases. He favors more funds for U.S. military equipment like night-vision goggles and reinforced Humvees, though his recent refusal to sign a war funding bill came under criticism from presidential aspirant John McCain (R-AZ), who, among other things, accused the senator of misspelling "flak jacket." Under Obama's plan, there may be a residual troop presence (NYT) in Iraq for security and training purposes. His bill has not yet been voted on.

In September 2007, Obama released his plan (PDF) to "responsibly end the war in Iraq," calling for a complete redeployment of U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of 2009, starting immediately. He also advocates a UN-led Iraqi constitutional convention in order to forge national reconciliation and to reach compromises on federalism, oil revenue sharing, and "de-Ba'athification." As president, Obama says he would establish an "international working group" to solve the Iraqi refugee crisis.

Obama opposes the establishment of permanent U.S. military bases (USA Today) in Iraq.

Trade

Sen. Obama (D-IL) generally supports free trade policies, though like many of his fellow Democratic candidates, he has expressed concern about free trade agreements that do not include labor and environmental protections. Obama voted to approve the 2006 FTA with Oman. He opposed CAFTA, however, explaining in 2005, “It does less to protect labor than previous trade agreements, and does little to address enforcement of basic environmental standards in the Central American countries and the Dominican Republic.” In an August 2007 Democratic debate, Obama said he would meet with the Canadian and Mexican heads of state to “try to amend NAFTA,” saying the agreement “should reflect the principle that our trade should not just be good for Wall Street, but should also be good for Main Street” (see video).

Homeland Security

Obama, who sits on the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, has been a critic of how federal homeland security funding has been handled. He has also been critical of the Patriot Act, but he voted to adopt a conference report to reauthorize it in 2006. Obama cosponsored the SAFE Act of 2005.

In February 2007, Obama cosponsored the Risk-Based Homeland Security Grants Act and has been a steady advocate of risk-based funding for homeland security. In a 2006 podcast, Obama criticized the Homeland Security Appropriations bill, saying, “you would want to give more protection to the Empire State Building or the Golden Gate Bridge than you would want to provide to a Home Depot somewhere in downstate Illinois that is probably not on any terrorist hit list. Unfortunately, what we’re seeing is that Congress is more focused on political handouts than strategic funding.” In March 2006, Obama cosponsored the Chemical Security and Safety Act, which sought to increase chemical plant security. Also in 2006, Obama voted for the FEMA Amendment, which failed.

Iran

Sen. Obama (D-IL) has expressed support for “opening dialogue” with Iran, in part to ask for its assistance in “playing a more constructive role in Iraq.”

Obama said in a March 2007 speech before AIPAC that he supports “tough sanctions” on Iran to compel it to stop its uranium enrichment program. In the same speech, he said that he “does not believe that the use of military force towards Iran should be ruled out (Chicago Sun-Times). Still, in an April 2007 presidential debate, Obama said, “I think it would be a profound mistake (NYT) for us to initiate a war with Iran.” The Senator hardened his position on this point following the NIE release. During a debate in Iowa on December 4 Obama accused President Bush of not letting “facts get in the way of his ideology” in dealing with Iran, and said the Bush administration’s saber-rattling and threats of war “should have never started” (NPR).

Climate Change

Sen. Obama (D-IL) cosponsored the Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act of 2007, which would establish a “Climate Change Credit Corporation” to manage tradeable allowances and stimulate the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. That bill has not yet been voted on. With Hillary Clinton, Obama recently signed on as a cosponsor of the Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act.

Immigration

Sen. Obama (D-IL), the son of a Kenyan immigrant, has spoken out on immigration and voted on numerous immigration bills since taking office in January 2005. Obama, whose Illinois constituents include a high percentage of Mexican immigrants, voted against the English as a National Language Amendment in 2006. Obama proposed three amendments that were included in the Senate Immigration Reform Bill last year, including one that mandates that jobs be offered to American workers at a “prevailing wage” before they are offered to guest workers. Another of these amendments makes it a requirement that employers are able to prove that their workers are all legally permitted to work in the United States. His third amendment grants the FBI $3 million a year to improve efficiency for background checks on immigrants applying for citizenship. Obama has also called for sweeping amnesty for illegal immigrants. However, he voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006.

Obama opposed an amendment to the Senate immigration reform bill of June 2007 that would prevent immigrants with a criminal record from gaining legal status (AP).

United Nations

Sen. Obama (D-IL) has repeatedly said that the United Nations should play a key role in managing crises like Darfur. As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama voted against the Bolton nomination. His comments during those hearings provide a sense of his stance on the United Nations, including the need for reform: “Countries such as Zimbabwe and Burma, and others that do not want to see reform take place at the UN, are going to be able to dismiss our efforts at reform by saying: Mr. Bolton is a UN basher, someone who is ideologically opposed to the existence of the UN—thereby using Mr. Bolton's own words and lack of credibility as a shield to prevent the very reforms that need to take place.”

U.S. Policy toward Russia

Sen. Obama (D-IL) has said Russia is “neither our enemy nor close ally,” and said the United States “shouldn’t shy away from pushing for more democracy, transparency, and accountability” there. He has focused much of his discussion of Russia on diminishing the possibility of nuclear weapons use. In a July 2007 Foreign Affairs article, Obama said the United States and Russia should collaborate to “update and scale back our dangerously outdated Cold War nuclear postures and de-emphasize the role of nuclear weapons.” In an October 2007 speech in Chicago, Obama said if elected he would work to “take U.S. and Russian ballistic missiles off hair-trigger alert, and to dramatically reduce the stockpiles of our nuclear weapons and material.” He said he would seek a “global ban on the production of fissile material for weapons” and an expansion of “the U.S.-Russian ban on intermediate-range missiles.”

In 2005, Obama traveled with Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) to nuclear and biological weapons destruction sites in Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. Obama and Lugar then introduced legislation to eliminate nuclear stockpiles throughout the former Soviet Union. That law was enacted in 2007.

U.S. Policy toward Pakistan

Pakistan first achieved notoriety in the presidential campaign in summer 2007 when Obama said he believed the United States should hunt al-Qaeda forces in Pakistan. “If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will,” he said at the time. During his 2004 Senate campaign, Obama also said he would consider military action in Pakistan to destroy nuclear weapons there should Musharraf be overthrown in a coup d’état.

In November 2007, Obama cosponsored a resolution condemning Musharraf’s imposition of a state of emergency, and calling for an investigation into a prior assassination attempt on Bhutto.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »

ask the millions who don't have health care, hell ask me 3 years ago. Free market has bankrupted millions, and is partly responsible for the housing market (though bank's fucked up morgages are more to blame). We need affordable health care, and I like Obama's plan, don't force adults but allow them to buy cheap health care on par with the senators. Hillary's plan of forcing people to buy coverage is fucked up. I can go on and on about this subject.

well then obama has a better plan, but i dont know...how you gunna pay for it? gotta raise taxes, and you know obama is gunna spend more domestically