Author Topic: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so  (Read 6941 times)

Doggystylin

Thu, Jan 17    Phoenix    10:30 PM    TNT       Tickets | Travel
Mon, Jan 21    Denver              10:30 PM    TNT    FOX WEST    Tickets | Travel
Wed, Jan 23    @ San Antonio    9:00 PM    ESPN Tickets | Travel
Fri, Jan 25        @ Dallas           8:30 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Sun, Jan 27    Cleveland    3:30 PM    ABC       Tickets | Travel
Tue, Jan 29    NY Knicks    10:30 PM         FOX WEST    Tickets | Travel
Thu, Jan 31    @ Detroit    7:30 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel

FEBRUARY    OPPONENT    TIME (ET)    TV    LOCAL TV    RESOURCES
Fri, Feb 1    @ Toronto    7:00 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Sun, Feb 3    @ Washington    12:00 PM    NBA TV       Tickets | Travel
Tue, Feb 5    @ New Jersey    7:30 PM    NBA TV       Tickets | Travel
Wed, Feb 6    @ Atlanta    7:00 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Fri, Feb 8    @ Orlando    7:00 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Sun, Feb 10    @ Miami    3:30 PM    ABC       Tickets | Travel
Mon, Feb 11    @ Charlotte    7:00 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Wed, Feb 13    @ Minnesota    8:00 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel
Tue, Feb 19    Atlanta    10:30 PM         FOX WEST    Tickets | Travel
Wed, Feb 20    @ Phoenix    9:00 PM    ESPNTickets | Travel
Sat, Feb 23    @ LA Clippers    10:30 PM    NBA TV       Tickets | Travel
Sun, Feb 24    @ Seattle

our Jan schedule is basically every tough team in the league followed by being on the road the whole month of february, the league is really trying to fuck us over

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »
Fuck that Feb schedule is ridicules.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »
I said it last year that the roadtrips is where we show our true colors. Sink or swim. Last year we sank like the fuckin titanic. If we have a winning record on that road trip then the NBA should be scared.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »
Mon, Jan 21    Denver              10:30 PM    TNT    FOX WEST    Tickets | Travel
Fri, Jan 25        @ Dallas           8:30 PM         KCAL 9    Tickets | Travel

Sun, Feb 24    @ Seattle

our Jan schedule is basically every tough team in the league followed by being on the road the whole month of february, the league is really trying to fuck us over

Get the fuck outta here with that conspiracy theory bullshit. EVERY, let me say this again...EVERY team in the league plays 41 home games and 41 road games. If anything, the Lakers get off easy because 2 of their "road" games a year are really home games with a different floor against the fuckin clippers IN LOS ANGELES!!! A tough second half schedule means you had an easy first half schedule. Are you afraid that they are not as good as their record???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »
^Yea...every schedule is the same. ::)

The Lakers have the toughest schedule in the league this season. Boston has the easiest. Shits fucked up. That said, we're gunna do extremely well on the road month of February. mark my words.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »
Mon, Feb 11    @ Charlotte    7:00 PM

I'll be at that one. That being said, i'm sure the lakers will lose.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
Wow you came off extremely ignorant in that post man. But I'm going to try to explain this to you without attacking you cause that's what usually happens when I get this irritated. Check it out, What I was trying to say is YES every team has 41 away and home games, but the order that they were scheduled makes it difficult. For example, a four game road trip puts much less pressure on a team than a 9 game road trip because of the length of time they are away from home and all the effects it has on the team both mentally and physically. Also the Lakers have not had an easy first half, just take a look at our schedule and Boston's and compare them. Or if you're going to come in here with that oh they're an East team, well check any other Western Conference team and show me a schedule as tough as the Lakers.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »

The Lakers have the toughest schedule in the league this season. Boston has the easiest. Shits fucked up. That said, we're gunna do extremely well on the road month of February. mark my words.

No, Boston has had the easiest schedule this far. They have to play against the same tough teams and the same weak teams. Every team plays each team from their own conference 4 times and every team from the other conference twice. How is the league trying to fuck anybody, especially the Lakers who David Stern loves to death?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

No, Boston has had the easiest schedule this far. They have to play against the same tough teams and the same weak teams. Every team plays each team from their own conference 4 times and every team from the other conference twice. How is the league trying to fuck anybody, especially the Lakers who David Stern loves to death?

DAVID STERN LOVES THE LAKERS? LMFAO!!! You just lost all credibility in basketball discussion.

Seriously, though, only an idiot would say that all schedules are the same in toughness.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
Wow you came off extremely ignorant in that post man. But I'm going to try to explain this to you without attacking you cause that's what usually happens when I get this irritated. Check it out, What I was trying to say is YES every team has 41 away and home games, but the order that they were scheduled makes it difficult. For example, a four game road trip puts much less pressure on a team than a 9 game road trip because of the length of time they are away from home and all the effects it has on the team both mentally and physically. Also the Lakers have not had an easy first half, just take a look at our schedule and Boston's and compare them. Or if you're going to come in here with that oh they're an East team, well check any other Western Conference team and show me a schedule as tough as the Lakers.

Thats life in the Western Conference, buddy. You still haven't convinced me that the league is drawing up the Lakers' schedule thinking "how can we make it so hard for them and so easy for every one else. That doesn't make sense because the Lakers doing well=ratings, which is what Stern wants. You have a lot of tough teams coming up because you havent completed your series with them, and you have a lot of road games scheduled because you havent played them. Yes, you have a long 8 game road trip coming up. The Blazers are about to start a 7 game road trip that includes Boston and Orlando. Thats part of the game. A tough schedule for one stretch of the season=an equally easy stretch somewhere  else in the season. Its not David Stern and Stu Jackson deciding to give every team but the Lakers an unfair advantage. So I'm sorry, sir, but it is you who is coming off as ignorant.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:38:53 PM by Turf Hitta »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »

DAVID STERN LOVES THE LAKERS? LMFAO!!! You just lost all credibility in basketball discussion.

Seriously, though, only an idiot would say that all schedules are the same in toughness.

Yes, David Stern loves the Lakers. It doesn't take a fuckin genius to understand that the Lakers and the Knicks are the top grossing teams leaguewide in terms of viewership, attendance, merchandise and therefore, income. It is Sterns job to maximize the profit potential of the NBA, so of course, he wants the Lakers and the Knicks to be in the finals every year. Does that mean he's going to go out of his way to make it happen? Absolutely not, but it should also illustrate to you that there is no way that Stern is going to intentionally give the Lakers of all teams a more difficult schedule than any other team. You guys are doing good right now, why are you making excuses already?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »

Sun, Feb 24    @ Seattle

lol@ the league fucking you over. This isnt the NFL there Doggy. We all play everybody.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 06:43:19 PM »
If you are basing this on David Stern strictly being a business man then what he would ideally want is a healthy balanced league where there is high competition because that would generate more ratings than just Los Angeles and New York doing well. And if you look at the West right now, that is what is happening. The league is designed to keep teams in check. If you're theory was actually correct about Stern loving the Lakers then why the hell would Stu Jackson and Stern be so hard on the Lakers with suspensions the last couple years when that only hurts ratings.

Remember the Knicks - Lakers game last year? Well let's see here. New York is the largest grossing city right? Why would they suspend Kobe for that game and piss off that many fans? Kobe was suspended numerous times last season for NOTHING. Yet I've seen numerous violent fouls this season which have received no punishment from the league.

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
Tone quit fucking quoting everything dammit, lol. My point was the order that we play the teams that we do play.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

Yes, David Stern loves the Lakers. It doesn't take a fuckin genius to understand that the Lakers and the Knicks are the top grossing teams leaguewide in terms of viewership, attendance, merchandise and therefore, income. It is Sterns job to maximize the profit potential of the NBA, so of course, he wants the Lakers and the Knicks to be in the finals every year. Does that mean he's going to go out of his way to make it happen? Absolutely not, but it should also illustrate to you that there is no way that Stern is going to intentionally give the Lakers of all teams a more difficult schedule than any other team. You guys are doing good right now, why are you making excuses already?

Ever thought the NBA is tryna expand into other markets? To say that the NBA holds a bias towards the Kobe led Lakers is about as big a joke as you can make in the basketball world. And nobodies making excuses...if you don't think we have an extremely tough schedule compared to most (if no all) teams, then something is wrong with you.