Author Topic: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so  (Read 6957 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
Of course the league secretly hates it most popular and profitable franchises in the West Coast capital.  It makes total sense.  I mean look how they make them play on Christmas day and shit.  David Stern doesn't want them to spend time with their families on Christmas?  Fuck him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
Of course the league secretly hates it most popular and profitable franchises in the West Coast capital.  It makes total sense.  I mean look how they make them play on Christmas day and shit.  David Stern doesn't want them to spend time with their families on Christmas?  Fuck him.

LOL!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »

lol damn...

So I was right...they ARE out to get the Blazers! They played on Christmas too!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2008, 10:17:32 PM »

You're trying to be funny but its not uncommon for a boss to have personal opinions towards his employees. When Game was signed to G-Unit 50 hated him but still wanted him to sale records. Why? Because in the end he profited from it. Same applies here. Stern loves making money off the Lakers but he hates Kobe. Lebron is his lil golden boy so he's the one he wants to succeed.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »

You're trying to be funny but its not uncommon for a boss to have personal opinions towards his employees. When Game was signed to G-Unit 50 hated him but still wanted him to sale records. Why? Because in the end he profited from it. Same applies here. Stern loves making money off the Lakers but he hates Kobe. Lebron is his lil golden boy so he's the one he wants to succeed.

Thats it! I'm convinced now! Thank you so much. I can see the light now. The NBA HATES Kobe and they are out to ruin the Lakers because Game and 50 Cent don't get along. Thank you for opening my eyes.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »
aye yall niccas aint seein the bigger picture here, this nicca david stern made sure to fuc the lakers season up by giving this tough ass schedule. if he woulda never scheduled them to play the grizzlys tonite at home - which is a hard ass game to play - then bynum woulda never hurt his knee. now they gotta fly 100 hours all the way across the world to play the best team in the nba, the sonics. this is all a set up to make em lose to the suns, cuz its not fair for the lakers to have to play bac to bac games without they center.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2008, 10:52:48 PM »
i didnt bother to read through every post that I missed. But how does this seem to be so difficult to understand? lol. The weaker your team is recordwise, the harder your schedule is based on opponents win percentage. Its a fact. This is the NBA, not the NFL. Every team, plays every other team. If your team plays 9 road games....guess what, they have to play 9 home games to make up for those 9 road games. Every team has stretches of their schedule that are harder then other teams stretches at THAT particular time. But the overall schedule isnt harder for any one team.

Lets make this simple. Say I have a league with 4 teams. Each team plays eachother at home....and on the road one time. Does team 1 have a harder schedule then team 4? Uhh....no.  :stupid:

Bottom line is you have SOME fans who are trying to make their team look better by pretending that their team is overcoming some incredible odds that the rest of the league isnt. They think its cool to be the "bad guy". What makes it funny to the rest of us level headed folks who argue with logic is, that the Lakers have NEVER been considered the bad guys of the league. If anything, theyre the sweethearts of the league. And i DO mean sweet  :camp:. lol Sorry, had to do that. If there were ever a team that the league WOULDNT want to hold down (assuming they would want to hold ANY team down) it would be the team with the largest bandwagon fanbase and therefor great ratings, Los Angeles Lakers. It would be like the Cowboys pretending the league was trying to keep them from winning...or the MLB was trying to hold down the Yankees lol.

Face it, the reason you guys havent won any championships since Shaq left is simple. You havent been good enough. The years when my team didnt win titles....guess what, we werent good enough that year.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »
^^^STOP IT!!! YOU'RE MAKING ENTIRELY TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

SGV

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2008, 11:01:26 PM »
What it is... is this...

David Stern is jealous of Kobe. He hates that when Kobe does well, more revenue is brought to his league!!! He HATES that! He can't stand that Kobe makes comments about wanting to get traded, which also bring more attention to his league!!!! The nerve of Kobe for bringing money and attention to the NBA! No wonder David Stern hates him.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »
What it is... is this...

David Stern is jealous of Kobe. He hates that when Kobe does well, more revenue is brought to his league!!! He HATES that! He can't stand that Kobe makes comments about wanting to get traded, which also bring more attention to his league!!!! The nerve of Kobe for bringing money and attention to the NBA! No wonder David Stern hates him.

seriously. David Stern would send about 5 small market NBA teams over to the WNBA if he could get a Lakers vs Celtics finals.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

SGV

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »
Any SMART person would realize that. Problem is, some of these Laker fans aren't smart (douchey, NIK, I'm looking at you on this one...)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »

These morons will never get it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2008, 11:06:11 AM »
i didnt bother to read through every post that I missed. But how does this seem to be so difficult to understand? lol. The weaker your team is recordwise, the harder your schedule is based on opponents win percentage. Its a fact. This is the NBA, not the NFL. Every team, plays every other team. If your team plays 9 road games....guess what, they have to play 9 home games to make up for those 9 road games. Every team has stretches of their schedule that are harder then other teams stretches at THAT particular time. But the overall schedule isnt harder for any one team.

Lets make this simple. Say I have a league with 4 teams. Each team plays eachother at home....and on the road one time. Does team 1 have a harder schedule then team 4? Uhh....no.  :stupid:

Bottom line is you have SOME fans who are trying to make their team look better by pretending that their team is overcoming some incredible odds that the rest of the league isnt. They think its cool to be the "bad guy". What makes it funny to the rest of us level headed folks who argue with logic is, that the Lakers have NEVER been considered the bad guys of the league. If anything, theyre the sweethearts of the league. And i DO mean sweet  :camp:. lol Sorry, had to do that. If there were ever a team that the league WOULDNT want to hold down (assuming they would want to hold ANY team down) it would be the team with the largest bandwagon fanbase and therefor great ratings, Los Angeles Lakers. It would be like the Cowboys pretending the league was trying to keep them from winning...or the MLB was trying to hold down the Yankees lol.

Face it, the reason you guys havent won any championships since Shaq left is simple. You havent been good enough. The years when my team didnt win titles....guess what, we werent good enough that year.

Since you seem a tad bit more intelligent than the rest of these morons, I'll give you a response. There is DEFINITELY such thing as a tough schedule and an easy schedule in the NBA. Last season, the Lakers had an easy schedule. This season, the Lakers have a tough schedule. You can say that it evens out when you "play more home games" all you want, but that doesn't take away from the wear and tear that comes along with a league-leading 9 GAME ROAD TRIP. And your logic gets shitted on when you take a look at the fact that the Lakers not only have the longest road trip in the league, but also the shortest home-stand...so do you still think their schedule is "just as easy" as anyone else? Even if you wont admit it, you know that's not the case....and BTW, sorry Tone, but the last time the league was down with the Lakers was when Shaq was still around. That should be common sense to anyone who's been following the Lakers...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2008, 11:10:25 AM »
What it is... is this...

Do you realize that if you stood in ANY basketball stadium at half time with a mic and tried to say that the league was down with Kobe, everyone in the arena would start bursting out in laughter? Of course not, cuz you haven't followed the NBA since the early 90s. To deny that the league has held a bias against Kobe these past few years is astonishing. I haven't heard ANY basketball fan try to argue this, until now. SGV...You ARE something else.

SGV

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
LMAO. Yeah, NIK. Cuz I'm the ONLY person who thinks you're full of shit with your Kobe theories... You, my friend, are an extreme moron.