Author Topic: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so  (Read 6955 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF has anyone seen the lakers schedule for the next month or so
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
^Yea...every schedule is the same. ::)

The Lakers have the toughest schedule in the league this season. Boston has the easiest. Shits fucked up. That said, we're gunna do extremely well on the road month of February. mark my words.

No, Boston has had the easiest schedule this far. They have to play against the same tough teams and the same weak teams. Every team plays each team from their own conference 4 times and every team from the other conference twice. How is the league trying to fuck anybody, especially the Lakers who David Stern loves to death?

DAVID STERN LOVES THE LAKERS? LMFAO!!! You just lost all credibility in basketball discussion.

Seriously, though, only an idiot would say that all schedules are the same in toughness.

Yes, David Stern loves the Lakers. It doesn't take a fuckin genius to understand that the Lakers and the Knicks are the top grossing teams leaguewide in terms of viewership, attendance, merchandise and therefore, income. It is Sterns job to maximize the profit potential of the NBA, so of course, he wants the Lakers and the Knicks to be in the finals every year. Does that mean he's going to go out of his way to make it happen? Absolutely not, but it should also illustrate to you that there is no way that Stern is going to intentionally give the Lakers of all teams a more difficult schedule than any other team. You guys are doing good right now, why are you making excuses already?

Ever thought the NBA is tryna expand into other markets? To say that the NBA holds a bias towards the Kobe led Lakers is about as big a joke as you can make in the basketball world. And nobodies making excuses...if you don't think we have an extremely tough schedule compared to most (if no all) teams, then something is wrong with you.

I didn't say that there is a bias towards the Lakers. What I said was that the league is not going to intentionally try to fuck its cash cow over. If you got a tough stretch on your schedule, oh well. That means you have an easy section of the schedule too. How is the Lakers schedule more difficult than any other team in the Western Conference?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »
If you are basing this on David Stern strictly being a business man then what he would ideally want is a healthy balanced league where there is high competition because that would generate more ratings than just Los Angeles and New York doing well. And if you look at the West right now, that is what is happening. The league is designed to keep teams in check. If you're theory was actually correct about Stern loving the Lakers then why the hell would Stu Jackson and Stern be so hard on the Lakers with suspensions the last couple years when that only hurts ratings.

Remember the Knicks - Lakers game last year? Well let's see here. New York is the largest grossing city right? Why would they suspend Kobe for that game and piss off that many fans? Kobe was suspended numerous times last season for NOTHING. Yet I've seen numerous violent fouls this season which have received no punishment from the league.

I'm not calling you a liar, but a source would be nice.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »

The Lakers have the toughest schedule in the league this season. Boston has the easiest. Shits fucked up. That said, we're gunna do extremely well on the road month of February. mark my words.

No, Boston has had the easiest schedule this far. They have to play against the same tough teams and the same weak teams. Every team plays each team from their own conference 4 times and every team from the other conference twice. How is the league trying to fuck anybody, especially the Lakers who David Stern loves to death?

DAVID STERN LOVES THE LAKERS? LMFAO!!! You just lost all credibility in basketball discussion.

Seriously, though, only an idiot would say that all schedules are the same in toughness.

Yes, David Stern loves the Lakers. It doesn't take a fuckin genius to understand that the Lakers and the Knicks are the top grossing teams leaguewide in terms of viewership, attendance, merchandise and therefore, income. It is Sterns job to maximize the profit potential of the NBA, so of course, he wants the Lakers and the Knicks to be in the finals every year. Does that mean he's going to go out of his way to make it happen? Absolutely not, but it should also illustrate to you that there is no way that Stern is going to intentionally give the Lakers of all teams a more difficult schedule than any other team. You guys are doing good right now, why are you making excuses already?

Ever thought the NBA is tryna expand into other markets? To say that the NBA holds a bias towards the Kobe led Lakers is about as big a joke as you can make in the basketball world. And nobodies making excuses...if you don't think we have an extremely tough schedule compared to most (if no all) teams, then something is wrong with you.

I didn't say that there is a bias towards the Lakers. What I said was that the league is not going to intentionally try to fuck its cash cow over. If you got a tough stretch on your schedule, oh well. That means you have an easy section of the schedule too. How is the Lakers schedule more difficult than any other team in the Western Conference?

its not lol. Oh, except for the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. All these teams are better then the Lakers. Which means they play the Lakers (a lower quality team) and the Lakers in turn play them (higher quality teams). So in that aspect, the Lakers have a harder Westcoast schedule. Likewise, the worst team in the West has the HARDEST western conference schedule (opponent win% based).
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Doggystylin

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:46 PM »
If you are basing this on David Stern strictly being a business man then what he would ideally want is a healthy balanced league where there is high competition because that would generate more ratings than just Los Angeles and New York doing well. And if you look at the West right now, that is what is happening. The league is designed to keep teams in check. If you're theory was actually correct about Stern loving the Lakers then why the hell would Stu Jackson and Stern be so hard on the Lakers with suspensions the last couple years when that only hurts ratings.

Remember the Knicks - Lakers game last year? Well let's see here. New York is the largest grossing city right? Why would they suspend Kobe for that game and piss off that many fans? Kobe was suspended numerous times last season for NOTHING. Yet I've seen numerous violent fouls this season which have received no punishment from the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748084

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2790534

Keep in mind those are from ESPN which is biased as shit, but just take a look at the plays for yourself and see it deserved the suspensions.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »

its not lol. Oh, except for the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. All these teams are better then the Lakers. Which means they play the Lakers (a lower quality team) and the Lakers in turn play them (higher quality teams). So in that aspect, the Lakers have a harder Westcoast schedule. Likewise, the worst team in the West has the HARDEST western conference schedule (opponent win% based).

we should also factor in the 2 extra games the Lakers get that are essentially home games. The 2 "road games" against the Clippers.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 07:09:38 PM »
Its always ironic how Laker fans got so paranoid about some make believe bias against their team as soon as they started sucking. lol The league would gain nothing by being biased against the Hollywood boys.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 07:11:10 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2748084

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2790534

Keep in mind those are from ESPN which is biased as shit, but just take a look at the plays for yourself and see it deserved the suspensions.

I can't judge for myself cause the vids wont play. But what I do know is that the NBA is going to be very sensitive about anything that could reasonably be perceived as intentionally violent after what happened at that Detroit - Indiana game. Didn't Amare get suspended for simply getting off the bench when the Spurs were on their kill Steve Nash campaign?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
Its always ironic how Laker fans got so paranoid about some make believe bias against their team as soon as they started sucking. lol The league would gain nothing by being biased against the Hollywood boys.

just like every team that played the Lakers in their last title runs complained about phantom fouls on them while Shaq just throws his weight around like a damn gorilla and never got called for a foul. Now that the shoe is on the other foot (well not so much now), the nba is out to get the Lakers. Just like Mike Tyson was crazy for complaining about Holyfield's headbutts until everybody that fought him after that complained about his headbutts.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »

yep im sure the NBA is sitting there thinking  "OK what can we do to give the LAkers a losing season?"

::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »

yep im sure the NBA is sitting there thinking  "OK what can we do to give the LAkers a losing season?"

::)

^^^LOL Exactly! Lets make sure the prominent team in our 2nd largest market struggles! Thats the ticket!

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
I'm not worried by this February road trip... I think it can be great to build another momentum and keep improving ...  out of all these East teams , we will lose at Detroit and that's it ...  we drop some games in the beginning of the season against East teams but honestly a loss against any Eastern conf team not named Detroit and Boston (and maybe Toronto)  is lame .. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:57 AM »
I didn't say they want us to be a losing team, they just want to keep us in check, we already won 3 rings this decade, according to the league, the wealth needs to be spread so people don't lose interest and fan bases don't die down while only L.A. peaks

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
^Forget it...they wont understand.

Anyone who thinks the league has shown respect for the Kobe led Laker is lying to themselves. David Stern loves the LeBron's, the Wade's, the Nash's. Kobe doesn't need any backing from the league to be on top of shit...That's why he gets fouled on every play without a call. I can't believe people actually still buy that the NBA is fair after what happened with Tim Donaghy. :grumpy:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
I didn't say they want us to be a losing team, they just want to keep us in check, we already won 3 rings this decade, according to the league, the wealth needs to be spread so people don't lose interest and fan bases don't die down while only L.A. peaks
hahahahahahahaha!!! WHAT???

oh man that was good

thats why the NBA has the Lakers play every christmas instead of "spreading the wealth" and scheduling other teams?

thats why the Lakers got all the favorable calls against the Kings in the playoffs during Shaq's run?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »

then they would go after San Antonio far harder then they go after the Lakers. The league would FAR rather see the Lakers win the title then see San Antonio win it. LA is a far bigger market and the ratings for the finals would be far better then when SA is in it. San Antonios fanbase is for the most part strictly in San Antonio. The league would kill to have a Lakers vs Knicks finals.....or even Lakers vs Celtics finals far before they'd wish for a Spurs vs Orlando finals (for example). So by youre theory, the league would have a bias against us.