Author Topic: Uh, oh, trouble ahead for Ron Paul  (Read 336 times)

Narrator

Uh, oh, trouble ahead for Ron Paul
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A series of newsletters in the name of GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul contain several racist remarks -- including one that says order was restored to Los Angeles after the 1992 riots when blacks went "to pick up their welfare checks."

CNN recently obtained the newsletters -- written in the 1990s and one from the late 1980s -- after a report was published about their existence in The New Republic.

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

Paul told CNN's "The Situation Room" Thursday that he didn't write any of the offensive articles and has "no idea" who did.

"When you bring this question up, you're really saying, 'You're a racist' or 'Are you a racist?' And the answer is, 'No, I'm not a racist,'" he said.

Paul said he had never even read the articles with the racist comments.
"I do repudiate everything that is written along those lines," he said, adding he wanted to "make sure everybody knew where I stood on this position because it's obviously wrong."

But that's not good enough, says one political veteran.

"These stories may be very old in Ron Paul's life, but they're very new to the American public and they deserve to be totally ventilated," said David Gergen, a CNN senior political analyst. "I must say I don't think there's an excuse in politics to have something go out under your name and say, 'Oh by the way, I didn't write that.'"

Paul, who is not considered a front-runner, has become an Internet phenomenon in the current race, raising tens of millions of dollars from a devoted online base, many of them young people drawn to his libertarian straight talk.

The controversial newsletters include rants against the Israeli lobby, gays, AIDS victims and Martin Luther King Jr. -- described as a "pro-Communist philanderer." One newsletter, from June 1992, right after the LA riots, says "order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."

Another says, "The criminals who terrorize our cities -- in riots and on every non-riot day -- are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to 'fight the power,' to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible."

In some excerpts, the reader may be led to believe the words are indeed from Paul, a resident of Lake Jackson, Texas. In the "Ron Paul Political Report" from October 1992, the writer describes carjacking as the "hip-hop thing to do among the urban youth who play unsuspecting whites like pianos."

The author then offers advice from others on how to avoid being carjacked, including "an ex-cop I know," and says, "I frankly don't know what to make of such advice, but even in my little town of Lake Jackson, Texas, I've urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming."

In his interview with CNN, Paul said that's language he would never use. "People who know me, nobody is going to believe this," he said. "That's just not my language. It's not my life."

He added, "Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Ghandi, they're the heroes [of my life]."

Matt Welch, the editor-in-chief of "Reason" magazine who shares some of Paul's beliefs on big government, says he has never heard the congressman make racist comments like those in the newsletters.

"What I think some people are looking for him to do is to say, 'OK, who wrote that?' I mean, there's 20 years, give or take, worth of newsletters there," Welch said.

Paul said the editor of publications "is responsible for daily activities." But he also cited "transition" and "changes" and said that some people were hired to write stories "but I didn't know their names."

The presidential hopeful described the newsletter revelations as a "rehash" of old material dug up by his opponents because he is gaining ground with black voters due to his stance against the war in Iraq and the war on drugs.
advertisement

"I am the anti-racist because I am the only candidate -- Republican or Democrat -- who would protect the minority against these vicious drug laws," he said.

"Libertarians are incapable of being a racist, because racism is a collectivist idea."

Of course, Allah said I gotta kill him anyway, but now his death might be extra painful.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Uh, oh, trouble ahead for Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
This makes me want to vote for him even more. The riots stopped because they all had to go pick up their welfare checks. Classic. I wish someone said that on TV back then. "Hey the cops just beat the shit out of a drug using woman beater. Let's go run around the city and break the windows of stores we usually shop at". There were some real intelligent upstanding citizens leading those riots.

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
This makes me want to vote for him even more. The riots stopped because they all had to go pick up their welfare checks. Classic. I wish someone said that on TV back then. "Hey the cops just beat the shit out of a drug using woman beater. Let's go run around the city and break the windows of stores we usually shop at". There were some real intelligent upstanding citizens leading those riots.

They were Blackmen.  They were carrying out righteous acts of defiance against the crackers.  All crackers deserve to die, yourself included.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »
"Hey the cops just beat the shit out of a drug using woman beater. Let's go run around the city and break the windows of stores we usually shop at". There were some real intelligent upstanding citizens leading those riots.
They were Blackmen.

:)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »

They were Blackmen. 

You needed to just stop there.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

They were Blackmen.  They were carrying out righteous acts of defiance against the crackers.  All crackers deserve to die, yourself included.

So why destroy there own stores and communities ?  Why not go the evil white mans neighborhood and destroy that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »

More blacks and koreans were harmed by thre riots than whites. It wasn't the white part of town in the middle of it. You think it could have lasted 6 days if they were rioting in the Pallisades, Bel-air, or Beverly Hills? If they did that the white man could first cut all the cameras and news feeds, then send in the army and what happened to King would seem like summer camp.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »
Not surprised at all. May you should of got up and said it on tv, out there.
Yes the riots were ridiculous when you think about it , how they  destroyed their own neighborhoods. A lot of people who talk about the rodney king situation love to hang on to the fact, that he was high and a women beater. I think its pretty evident that he was and know one is arguing with that. People got enraged at the fact how he was treated. Dude , was laying on the flooring crawling, getting his ass beat, peppered sprayed kick and all. Anybody can see that the guy was on the ground, not even able to pose a threat. How many police and one dude? People were just fed up from the treat from the police, who their tax money is going to for the purpose to protect and serve. Not harass.

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Yes the riots were ridiculous when you think about it , how they  destroyed their own neighborhoods. A lot of people who talk about the rodney king situation love to hang on to the fact, that he was high and a women beater. I think its pretty evident that he was and know one is arguing with that. People got enraged at the fact how he was treated. Dude , was laying on the flooring crawling, getting his ass beat, peppered sprayed kick and all. Anybody can see that the guy was on the ground, not even able to pose a threat. How many police and one dude? People were just fed up from the treat from the police, who their tax money is going to for the purpose to protect and serve. Not harass.

there you go people. closet racists love to ignor that fact every time there is a discussion of that incident

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »

Those people that were "fed up" were incited. The whole thing was a joke. A bunch of asshole media outlets in cahoots with phony black leaders purposely getting people riled up for their own personal gain. The stations got their ratings and the "leaders" got their pockets lined up. I don't think it was a co-incidence that the one tape of a black man getting beaten down by police in LA that got released was by one of the biggest low lifes they could find. I'll bet there are plenty of cases where half decent black men got a beat down. Cops go too far every now and then. A few months back, here in Canada, a polish man with no record to speak of came to Canada to live with his mother. He couldn't speak English and got frustrated trying to figure out where to go in the airport. Apparently his loud polish words were enough for a team of cops to taser him to death. He didn't attack anyone and posed no threat. He wasn't high on anything, and he didn't lead anyone on a high speed chase. He's dead. No riots. Nothing. You know why? Because there are no phony polish leaders to stir shit up. Centuries of invasions in theor country. 5 million of them killed by Nazis with nowhere near the publicity of the Jews, Stahlin used them for target practice. They have every reason to be a "poor me" people here in the west. If that Polish man had been Native, Black, Arab Muslim or a Jew you'd have seen a much bigger world reaction. Thankfully there are no stupid pole leaders in this case to stir shit up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »

there you go people. closet racists love to ignor that fact every time there is a discussion of that incident

I never said I thought the police were right or that they shouldn't been sued. I think they should all have been fired and sent to prison. Just like all 4 of these fucks should be fired and charged and go to jail.

But to go out in the streets and riot in your own neighbourhood or any neighbourhood and hurt innocent people and businesses for any man is absurd. To do it for a peice of shit like king is absurd. That's like me rioting if the cops beat down Paul Bernardo here in Toronto ( www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo ). I wouldn't riot aimlessly if my whole family was beaten down. I'd sue the police and I'd win but rioting is for stupid people.

And let's be serious here, I doubt many of the people in the riot were tax payers. It all came back in welfare checks. People with jobs and something to live for don't throw it all away in a riot.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »

and who are you? bananas?

I never said I thought the police were right or that they shouldn't been sued. I think they should all have been fired and sent to prison. Just like all 4 of these fucks should be fired and charged and go to jail.

But to go out in the streets and riot in your own neighbourhood or any neighbourhood and hurt innocent people and businesses for any man is absurd. To do it for a peice of shit like king is absurd. That's like me rioting if the cops beat down Paul Bernardo here in Toronto ( www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo ). I wouldn't riot aimlessly if my whole family was beaten down. I'd sue the police and I'd win but rioting is for stupid people.

And let's be serious here, I doubt many of the people in the riot were tax payers. It all came back in welfare checks. People with jobs and something to live for don't throw it all away in a riot.
That right there just says your whole mind state, like there is no such thing as a hardworking black person, who can get frustrated and loose control.
when ever i talk to you, you always bring up that one case of the poor polish man. if there were so many incidents like you claim there is then you should be able to find another incident beside the polish man. on that note im done.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »

and who are you? bananas?

That right there just says your whole mind state, like there is no such thing as a hardworking black person, who can get frustrated and loose control.
when ever i talk to you, you always bring up that one case of the poor polish man. if there were so many incidents like you claim there is then you should be able to find another incident beside the polish man. on that note im done.

I always bring up the polish man? It only happened a few months ago. We've talking about shit like this for longer than that.

No honest working man black or white would care enough about what happened to Rodney King to go throw shit around in his own neighbourhood and cause chaos. That's just what I believe. They would be at home with their families trying to make sure everyone they loved was safe.

I wish I could send you back to Poland 50 to 60 yeas ago so you can understand what hard living really is. What actions really justify riots. American blacks of the post civil rights era are so soft and pussy its ridiculous. That's why they hang on to stupid shit like King or OJ and use it to justify insane behaviour (I bet there'd have been more riots if OJ was found guilty). It's an American problem. You assholes have it so good (all Americans) you make problems up. I'll never respect your complaints because you haven't been through shit. You live off the the pain of your ancestors. Ancestors that would probably kick you in the teeth if they ever heard you complain about the shit you complain about. Open up your fucking yes and take a look at the easy living you face day to day.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »
Once again Ron Paul already made several statements on the subject and the letters are not written by him.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »

People just don't seem to get it, it's in the interests of these news corporations to smear this man because he does not follow the same line as the other candidates and that's a major problem for them because these news networks are intimately attached to the other candidates. People are still stuck on this idea that if you are democrat then you can't be a neocon the news has told them so! they don't bother reading what the neocon ideology is and then comparing that to many of the democrats. Instead of course it's all about camps you have to belong to one of the other and if you belong to this camp then this is what i "think" are your values.