Poll

Whos is the more complete MC?

E-40
24 (48%)
AZ
24 (48%)
I don't listen to either of these guys. I suck.
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: E-40 or AZ?  (Read 393 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: E-40 or AZ?
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »
AZ it's no contest imo

WestCoasta

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »
AZ it's no contest imo

really, is it no contest?

LOL at Tommy getting all hurt and trying to diss the West and Rod getting all hurt and trying to diss the East

you guys are fuckin lames

SGV

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 02:48:28 AM »
AZ is cool and all, but dude hasn't really had a solid album in a long time.

Though... Neither has 40. But, at the end of the day, I still say 40 is the better of the two. Not because I'm a 40 fan, but because dude has proven his worth. AZ never really had that chance. Dude was always Nas' man. Then Foxy's man. Back to Nas. Etc. He's got some cool joints, but I just think dude is crazy boring now.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 07:07:45 AM »
AZ is good for a new york rapper though
what's that supposed to mean? Like NY rappers tend to suffer from a general lack of talent?

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »

I know the Bay is a real ass place and yall respect the fuck outta 40.  Props for that. 

But your arguement is largely based on his status amongst the Bay and doesn't necessarily say what makes him a better MC.  What has AZ done since "Life's A Bitch"?  For starters, Doe or Die prolly isn't a classic, but it's damn close.  AZ's lyricism and flow was arguably the dopest in the game at that time.  You can't hear "Rather Unique" and disagree.  His verse on "Affirmative Action" was ridiculous.  Completely made you forget about Nas (Mega helped too).  And I'd argue that AZ has never made a wack album.  Can 40 make that claim?

But it's 2008, so lets look at their recent shit.  Look at the last 2 singles and last 2 albums AZ has released compared to what 40's last 2 singles and last 2 albums.  AZ wins.  I respected Hyphy as a new original sound, but unless you're thizzin at a party, you can't bump that album all the way through.  And I'm all down for partyin and shit, but if the album has no value otherwise, whats the point?

And bananas, you my nig, but calling AZ Nas' book carrier isn't accurate.  It was funny as fuck though.   Nas' lyrical content>AZ lyrical content, but AZ flow>Nas' Flow

on point

It's Chica-I-go for

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »
LOL at Tommy getting all hurt and trying to diss the West and Rod getting all hurt and trying to diss the East

you guys are fuckin lames

ain't no one hurt, but I'd hurt you 4 ur lame comments.. you dunno me or trynna see me.. I'm just a loose cannon on these boards.. I could careless bout changin opinions.. I'm ramblin on a cell phone usually.. I pay attention to a post like Tommy's cuzz I known him on here for like 8 years.. I'm just havin fun wit it.. nobody knew some of the stuff I was talkin bout but him.. ha ha ha.. so stfu cool guy.. E40 for president!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »
40 water by a mile....