Poll

Whos is the more complete MC?

E-40
24 (48%)
AZ
24 (48%)
I don't listen to either of these guys. I suck.
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: E-40 or AZ?  (Read 670 times)

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
Re: E-40 or AZ?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
i want the two dorks who don't like either of these cats to speak up.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
^ you're a fuckin idiot blood.. your little comments here and there is on some sucka shit.. what the fuck is your screen name about? you always been a hater.. fuck you and your east coast lil attitude.. all you muthafucaz is on cali dick anyway.. always will be.. can I get a witness or what? The old new york been over ever since 80's hit, you imitate our lifestyle, point blank, period.. y'all just speak different..

Now back to the topic.. what the fuck has AZ done ever since his verse on "Life's A Bitch" ?? his songs are trash, he is just a version of Nas gone wrong. He can spit, but can he make a song? Fuck no! The only reason KOCH fucks wit him is because of the little weight he holds from Illmatic.. 40 on the other hand is a game spitter, soak his songs in, he is spittin such slick shit that it will go over your head if you just a simple muthafuca.. MCs like AZ just be spittin, half of the time, it doesn't contain no real point to it, they just puttin them words together by flow.. 40 on the other hand delievers them messages that you wouldn't even get if you ain't really from an urban area.. suckas like Tommy live in those areas, but they ain't from there.. huge difference.

40 been doin it since 87, he's 40 years old and still very much relevant, just come to the bay and speak down on 40, see how cats will be at your neck like you just dissed their father.. cats really hold this dude up super high.. he has a whole region behind him.. even his enemies admit he's king.. how do I know? I'm amongst Mac Dre's folks that opposed him.. trust me.. shit's deeper in the bay.. huge movement behind the man.. when he goes platinum, it ain't the same fans that's buyin 50 cent or Ja Rule shit, it's majority solid muthafucaz.. go to a 40 show and tell me it wasn't one of the best experiences of your life.. he's in Vegas all the time.. hit it up.. it goes down like a prom dress.. can't say the same about AZ.. who is he again? shit who knows.. all I know is 40 will destroy AZ in a battle.. I got 10 Gz on it.. say I don't !!

I know the Bay is a real ass place and yall respect the fuck outta 40.  Props for that. 

But your arguement is largely based on his status amongst the Bay and doesn't necessarily say what makes him a better MC.  What has AZ done since "Life's A Bitch"?  For starters, Doe or Die prolly isn't a classic, but it's damn close.  AZ's lyricism and flow was arguably the dopest in the game at that time.  You can't hear "Rather Unique" and disagree.  His verse on "Affirmative Action" was ridiculous.  Completely made you forget about Nas (Mega helped too).  And I'd argue that AZ has never made a wack album.  Can 40 make that claim?

But it's 2008, so lets look at their recent shit.  Look at the last 2 singles and last 2 albums AZ has released compared to what 40's last 2 singles and last 2 albums.  AZ wins.  I respected Hyphy as a new original sound, but unless you're thizzin at a party, you can't bump that album all the way through.  And I'm all down for partyin and shit, but if the album has no value otherwise, whats the point?

And bananas, you my nig, but calling AZ Nas' book carrier isn't accurate.  It was funny as fuck though.   Nas' lyrical content>AZ lyrical content, but AZ flow>Nas' Flow

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »
I dont get how this is tied LOL!!!

LOL I just popped in some AZ for the fuck of it to see what the hype was about this dude and don't know how these two can be compared other than that they had beef

AZ to me typical NYC rapper lyrics flow but dude got no charisma on the mic

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
I'm from the last generation before hyphy, that stuff don't apply to me too much.. but I do support the movement cuzz it's all around me. But that is not the argument, bottomline is that E40 is an MC to me, the way he writes has its own little way that no one can touch, this is coming from someone who's been writing and analyzing all his life, you'd just have to soak him enough to understand. And hey, at least you understand his hustle.. which imitates that true bay hustle, something no area can compare with.   

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »
I like E-40's lyrical content as well as delivery better. its shit you can relate to, and its not just blah black rock blah blah block standard delivery like AZ does. AZ is good for a new york rapper though

thisoneguy360

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2008, 10:22:07 PM »
AZ it's no contest imo

WestCoasta

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:40 AM »
AZ it's no contest imo

really, is it no contest?

LOL at Tommy getting all hurt and trying to diss the West and Rod getting all hurt and trying to diss the East

you guys are fuckin lames

SGV

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 01:48:28 AM »
AZ is cool and all, but dude hasn't really had a solid album in a long time.

Though... Neither has 40. But, at the end of the day, I still say 40 is the better of the two. Not because I'm a 40 fan, but because dude has proven his worth. AZ never really had that chance. Dude was always Nas' man. Then Foxy's man. Back to Nas. Etc. He's got some cool joints, but I just think dude is crazy boring now.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2008, 06:07:45 AM »
AZ is good for a new york rapper though
what's that supposed to mean? Like NY rappers tend to suffer from a general lack of talent?

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:36 AM »

I know the Bay is a real ass place and yall respect the fuck outta 40.  Props for that. 

But your arguement is largely based on his status amongst the Bay and doesn't necessarily say what makes him a better MC.  What has AZ done since "Life's A Bitch"?  For starters, Doe or Die prolly isn't a classic, but it's damn close.  AZ's lyricism and flow was arguably the dopest in the game at that time.  You can't hear "Rather Unique" and disagree.  His verse on "Affirmative Action" was ridiculous.  Completely made you forget about Nas (Mega helped too).  And I'd argue that AZ has never made a wack album.  Can 40 make that claim?

But it's 2008, so lets look at their recent shit.  Look at the last 2 singles and last 2 albums AZ has released compared to what 40's last 2 singles and last 2 albums.  AZ wins.  I respected Hyphy as a new original sound, but unless you're thizzin at a party, you can't bump that album all the way through.  And I'm all down for partyin and shit, but if the album has no value otherwise, whats the point?

And bananas, you my nig, but calling AZ Nas' book carrier isn't accurate.  It was funny as fuck though.   Nas' lyrical content>AZ lyrical content, but AZ flow>Nas' Flow

on point

It's Chica-I-go for

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »
LOL at Tommy getting all hurt and trying to diss the West and Rod getting all hurt and trying to diss the East

you guys are fuckin lames

ain't no one hurt, but I'd hurt you 4 ur lame comments.. you dunno me or trynna see me.. I'm just a loose cannon on these boards.. I could careless bout changin opinions.. I'm ramblin on a cell phone usually.. I pay attention to a post like Tommy's cuzz I known him on here for like 8 years.. I'm just havin fun wit it.. nobody knew some of the stuff I was talkin bout but him.. ha ha ha.. so stfu cool guy.. E40 for president!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »
40 water by a mile....